Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 8
    Forum Overseer
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    yeah, except he was talking about the actual amount of development...thus why he mentioned shrinking. he used kojima as a proof of his statement...which is incorrect to begin with. you're arguing an incorrect point.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    yeah, except he was talking about the actual amount of development...thus why he mentioned shrinking. he used kojima as a proof of his statement...which is incorrect to begin with. you're arguing an incorrect point.
    Basically, Japan don't care.
    Your're right, they don't care. That's why theyre so far behind everyone else on the game development scene. Even Kojima admitted that.
    Not sure where support comes in to what Sub said at all.
    He reference game development and Kojima, both which relate to what I said.

Devs choose to pick Japan as their primary market. That an instant budget restriction.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Not sure where support comes in to what Sub said at all.
    He reference game development and Kojima, both which relate to what I said.

Devs choose to pick Japan as their primary market. That an instant budget restriction.
    because he was talking about the actual amount of development. which is where victor's list comes in, he wasn't talking about production values, he was replying to this comment:

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    But true. The development scene in Japan is constantly shrinking so why would they be interested in home consoles. Xbox is almost non existent, PlayStation and Nintendo are shrinking rapidly. They go gaga over portables for some reason.
    yeah, xbox was always non-existent...

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    because he was talking about the actual amount of development. which is where victor's list comes in, he wasn't talking about production values, he was replying to this comment:

yeah, xbox was always non-existent...
    Shrinking doesn't necessarily mean the number of companies, in fact I'd suggest its not at all, its about the level at which they operate at.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...logical-skills

This has nothign to do with the number of devs, its about their skill levels and investment levels.

Forum Sage
    You should let sub explain that point then....you shouldn't need to come to his defense to explain what he may not / may have been trying to say.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    You should let sub explain that point then....you shouldn't need to come to his defense to explain what he may not / may have been trying to say.
    I'm not, I wasn't replying to sub was I?
    I was replying to Victor, who pointed to a large list of games and support development.
    Which as I read it was not what Sub was referring to.
    Or are you suggesting a discussion shouldn't take place at all regardless of what is being said?
    Jeez..
    No one is "defending" anyone.
    What sub said was pretty clear, victor's response was irrelevant and off point.
    I did not know I was not allowed to point that out.
    Last edited by mynd; 3 Days Ago at 02:52.

Forum Sage
    you guys were going back and forth between what he said without any contribution from him at all and you seem to take up the role of explaining / translating sub...because other people just don't get what he means [apparently].

So, how clear was what he said really when there are a couple of posts discussing just that.
    Last edited by sainraja; 3 Days Ago at 02:59.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Why would he need to contribute, he explicitly said the game development was shrinking, and referenced Kojima. You cant ( I would have thought), get clearer than that.

Forum Sage
    He needs to contribute when you have people trying to figure out what he meant. You shouldn't need to explain it, nor should anyone else. It's a bit silly to have a three post discussion over just that.
    -
    Nevermind -- you already acknowledged earlier what I was asking.
    Last edited by sainraja; 3 Days Ago at 03:11.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Shrinking doesn't necessarily mean the number of companies, in fact I'd suggest its not at all, its about the level at which they operate at.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...logical-skills

This has nothign to do with the number of devs, its about their skill levels and investment levels.
    yes, by amount of development, i was talking about the amount of development, not just the number of developers. now you're bringing in things i didn't say.

and yes, i know the japanese developers have been struggling, that has nothing to do with the actual point sub was trying to bring up, his statement was that the reason Xbox is failing in Japan is not because the Japanese don't care or that MS doesn't cater to the Japanese, it's because of Japan. and then he brought up Kojima's statement...again, has nothing to do with the discussion.

he was downplaying MS' failure in Japan. well, guess what, PS4 still won by a large amount, that must mean they're doing something right. we all know the development has been shrinking there and they need to do this and that, and the piece of the pie has gotten smaller but what you and sub do not realize is that whatever the piece is there, Sony is still taking a good chunk of it and likely will be taking the bigger chunk as sales go up there.

kojima simply talks about Japan to appeal more to the western consumers. yes, and guess what, that's not going to bring X1 more Japanese sales lol, it's going to bring the japanese devs more sales and likely more sales for Ps4/X1 in the west.

PS4 is still going to sell more in Japan (even if Japan became a competitor in the west), X1 will still be a failure, the two things have nothing to do with one another. we are speaking about catering to the japanese, kojima is speaking about catering to the western consumers.

did i make it clear this time?

Dedicated Member
    xbox and japan is a mismatch. as a mnc, ms is trying that's fine, but i really don't see much hope for them going forward. i mean this time xbox one isn't even selling as well the 360 did (at the same time) in its home territory, then what are you expecting from japan? umm maybe put out an xbox handheld, that might have more hope selling in japan.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by rene2kx View Post
    xbox and japan is a mismatch. as a mnc, ms is trying that's fine, but i really don't see much hope for them going forward. i mean this time xbox one isn't even selling as well the 360 did (at the same time) in its home territory, then what are you expecting from japan? umm maybe put out an xbox handheld, that might have more hope selling in japan.
    i agree with you, they probably would sell a mobile device better...but they would need consultation from Nintendo or Sony because MS would likely make theirs like this:

13. Likes thanatos144 likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    ^ a lil too big for cute japanese hands lol

Thread Information