Friendship is Carrots
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Few questions about PlayStation Plus

I have no experience with PS+ and I'm interested in maybe subbing to it, but I have some concerns first.

1) I'm going to get a PS4 eventually (waiting for a 250-300$ price). If I'm subscribed to PS+ on my PS3 does that also unlock the PS4 benefits that I can then use later on?

2) Do I get access to all previous months of PS+ content or is it only from this month and onward?

3) If I ever leave PS+ I still keep all the monthly content I've paid for, correct?
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    I think so bro to all 3! and i dont even sub as its waste of money ATM!

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    Yeah you'll get free content all across ps3, ps4 and ps vita, im not sure about getting the previous stuff but someone else might be able to clear that up! Also you keep all the content but you just cant access it when the subscription runs out, then when you start it up again itll be back to normal and you dont lose any game saves or anything like that

Friendship is Carrots
    Quote Originally Posted by 33x View Post
    I think so bro to all 3! and i dont even sub as its waste of money ATM!
    Maybe not, but I want to capitalize on getting upcoming games and content so I can have it ready for my PS4. There might be a few nice drops on the PS3 too though I kinda worry all the good stuff has been handed out...

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    ... but you just cant access it when the subscription runs out, then when you start it up again itll be back to normal and you dont lose any game saves or anything like that
    Oh. That kinda sucks.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    I have no experience with PS+ and I'm interested in maybe subbing to it, but I have some concerns first.

1) I'm going to get a PS4 eventually (waiting for a 250-300$ price). If I'm subscribed to PS+ on my PS3 does that also unlock the PS4 benefits that I can then use later on?

2) Do I get access to all previous months of PS+ content or is it only from this month and onward?

3) If I ever leave PS+ I still keep all the monthly content I've paid for, correct?
    1)Not sure about that one, because I'm sure you can't see PS4 content from your PS3 so maybe if you try from your PC? But like I said I'm not so sure.
    2)No, there's a limited amount of time for you to redeem games, say you wanted to grab the 1st free game for PS4 or heck even the free game from May it will no longer be available.
    3)Yes, you can keep all the games you paid for say taking advantage of the PS Plus discounts but not the free ones.

I disagree with 33x, I went Plus since the launch of PS4 and from that day I've gathered so many great free PS3 games I filled up my HDD and I still got more to download I just put them in the download list to be able to download them later and I haven't finished half of them so if you're on PS3 is not a waste.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    I have to say that regardless of the questions PS+ is very much worth it's money! I had the same doubts as you before I subscribed to the service but now I have I must admit I will never look back!
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    To clarify, for ps4 only owners that dont play online much is a waste, for ps3 owenrs etc its pretty neat. Sorry but i didnt buy my ps4 to play ps3 games/indies on it. (TLOU aside!)

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by 33x View Post
    To clarify, for ps4 only owners that dont play online much is a waste, for ps3 owenrs etc its pretty neat. Sorry but i didnt buy my ps4 to play ps3 games/indies on it. (TLOU aside!)
    I do agree with you, tbh I really couldn't care less about most of the games that are being released for PS3, the only one I think it's good or not so indie is Outlast. But we can't possibly hope for AAA releases given that the PS4 isn't even a year old, but I'm sure in due time we will get lots of great games like we're currently getting for PS3.

Thread Information