NEW Astro A50 made for PS4

Has anyone seen the new Astro A50 made made specifically for the PS4? It looks like the exact same headset to me. Maybe some small changes. Like the color and stuff, I'm wondering if anyone knows if they changed anything internally. They say they "fine tuned" it. I don't buy that they really did anything much. As far as I can tell it's the same headset re-marketed to make more money. There is some info on bestbuy where you can pre order it, but other than that, I can't find much info on it. I'd appreciate if anyone can shed some light on this. Thanks!

Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    Astro Gaming’s A50 wireless gaming headset looks positively lethal. Dominating but sleek sporting an extremely cool slate and orange finish, this headset looks like it could survive a tank shell all the while maintaining fantastic audio. Boasting Dolby 7.1 surround sound with KleerNet’s strongest 5.8GHz clarity solution, this is audiophile level listening, with preset EQ’s for hardcore gaming, movies and competitive shooters. When you’re done listening to yourself dominating the enemy simply hang them up to charge on the included, awesome looking display stand. Audio gets real.
    Source:http://www.t3.com/features/best-gami...ro-a50-624-jpg
    (That link is from a piece on the best gaming headsets - dated July this year - so may be worth looking at for other options)

The quote on their website:
    Astro A50s have done the impossible – perfected perfection.”
    is supposedly from ign, however I can't find it in this ign review (from 2012) nor can I find a more up to date article.

So yeah, can't find any specific reason these are 'made for ps4'.

The Sony Gold Wireless headset seems to be very well liked, and is a lot cheaper. Many people on here have them.
    http://www.techradar.com/reviews/aud...1229917/review

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by darky89 View Post
    Source:http://www.t3.com/features/best-gami...ro-a50-624-jpg
    (That link is from a piece on the best gaming headsets - dated July this year - so may be worth looking at for other options)

The quote on their website:

is supposedly from ign, however I can't find it in this ign review (from 2012) nor can I find a more up to date article.

So yeah, can't find any specific reason these are 'made for ps4'.

The Sony Gold Wireless headset seems to be very well liked, and is a lot cheaper. Many people on here have them.
    http://www.techradar.com/reviews/aud...1229917/review
    Yep, I've looked at the Golds. I know that people love them, including a few of my friends. I just have some extra gift cards, and already have all the games I want for PS4. I think I'm leaning towards the turtle beach headset coming out mid October. But I just saw this new Astro and wanted to know what's so "new" about it.

Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    Yeah as far as I can see, like you said, they seem to just be re-marketing them. They've got good reviews, so not necessarily a bad buy. But your money might be better spent elsewhere. These seem quite expensive.

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

Ya, I don't spend money the "wisest" but I just really want a premium headset. I don't mind spending the money. I'm trying to decide between this Astro and the Turtle beach Elite 800. The elite looks pretty sweet. Has some cool features. I wish there were more specs out on the Astro so I can compare them more accurately.

Superior Member
    I got the A50's right after getting my PS4 after having the Sony wireless headset for my PS3 (the golds weren't out yet) They're heavy and the battery doesn't last as long as the gold's but the difference in sound is astonishing, especially in BF4. I had the first version of the PS3 wireless headset and I really liked how it had the slider on the side to adjust in game volume and chat audio. I think it's a bit harder to get the balance right on the A50's but once you get that sweet spot, they are amazing.

I spent the $$$ on them because I had just received the winnings from my Fantasy Football league and figured they'd basically be free, so why not give them a go as it was like having "free money"

I'm extremely happy with them
    I will note part of my reasoning to get them was also the fact that at the time they were the only headsets that truly worked full wireless.

7. Likes darky89 likes this post

Thread Information