Question Microphone in 3.5mm DS4 Jack whilst Outputting All audio (inc Chat) through speakers

Hi guys, I have a quick question about the dualshock 4 headphone/mic port.

Has the console been patched yet to allow a microphone to be plugged whilst maintaining all audio (including chat) through the TV speakers?

I'd like to use this microphone and not lose the ability to hear other players mics.

I can't seem to find any info on this issue apart from 2013 posts where its explained chat audio will always be fed to the controller if something is plugged into the 3.5mm jack.

If anyone could shed light on this i'd be most pleased as it will be one less thing to worry about for when my PS4 arrives next week.

Thanks!

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    You could just get a headphone/mic splitter...

And use a standard pair of headphones.

Forum Sage
    PS4 allows you to set your TV for the default audio; you don't need an adapter.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    PS4 allows you to set your TV for the default audio; you don't need an adapter.
    Will that give him voice chat as well through the TV?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Will that give him voice chat as well through the TV?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I take that back. It seems to be game specific. In Destiny you can do that. I'll have to check other games to see how universal this is.

So it's not sounding promising as I initially thought - It seems like such a strange option to leave out.

I'd rather not sacrifice audio quality by running my headphones through the controller but that is seeming like the only way to use chat from what I can tell.

I wish they'd just stuck a noise cancelling mic in the controller instead of that (IMO pointless) speaker!

You could just get a headphone/mic splitter...

And use a standard pair of headphones.
    Thanks but I guess you didn't read my question or misunderstood..
    Last edited by girothefiro; 15 Hours Ago at 06:00.

Forum Sage
    you just went from talking about the microphone to talking about the speaker?

You are not restricted to the speaker on the controller to hear people talk.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by girothefiro View Post
    So it's not sounding promising as I initially thought - It seems like such a strange option to leave out.

I'd rather not sacrifice audio quality by running my headphones through the controller but that is seeming like the only way to use chat from what I can tell.

I wish they'd just stuck a noise cancelling mic in the controller instead of that (IMO pointless) speaker!

Thanks but I guess you didn't read my question or misunderstood..
    I'd like to use this microphone and not lose the ability to hear other players mics.
    Pretty sure I understood your question, as what I showed you will do just that.

That you don't want to comprise you audio quality by running it through the controller was not one of you stipulations.

Pretty sure I understood your question, as what I showed you will do just that.

That you don't want to comprise you audio quality by running it through the controller was not one of you stipulations.
    Well you didn't as you suggested using a headset which is obviously known to work lol. I want Chat audio through TV speakers whilst having a mic plugged into the controller. How is what you said a solution to that?

Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    you just went from talking about the microphone to talking about the speaker?

You are not restricted to the speaker on the controller to hear people talk.
    All I said is I wish they included a built in mic in the controller instead of the speaker, I have no intention of using the controller speaker for anything..

10. Likes SZRT_Ice likes this post

Thread Information