Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style

Blizzard's Project Titan is DEAD

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/09/23/bl...n-development/

We never knew how exactly Blizzard was going to follow up World of Warcraft, but we knew that they were working on another MMO codenamed Titan. That is no longer the case. After seven years of rumors and speculation, the company revealed that Titan is canceled.
    "We didn't find the fun," Blizzard co-founder and CEO Mike Morhaime told Polygon in an interview. "We didn't find the passion. We talked about how we put it through a reevaluation period, and actually, what we reevaluated is whether that's the game we really wanted to be making. The answer is no."
    Blizzard's senior vice president of story and franchise development said the decision to kill the project was "excruciating." Morhaime added that Blizzard hasn't ruled out making another MMO in the future, but that it's not where the company wants to spend its time at the moment.
    Not surprisingly, it cited the popularity of Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm as part of the reason it canceled Titan. Metzen said that Blizzard wants to inspire people in the company to be creative and experiment, and that not all of its projects have to be "colossal, summer blockbuster-type products."
    Titan first came to light via job listings in 2007 and then, in 2010, Blizzard officially acknowledged it. Blizzard is known for taking its sweet time with development, but we knew that it was having extra difficulty with Titan since May of last year, when we received reports that it was being completely overhauled. The report also claimed the Titan team shrunk from 100 down to 30 staff, with the remaining team tasked with reassessing the title.
    Maybe this means they going to do something big in WOW with expansions that will get older players back.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Nice way to lose money and manpower over 7 years Blizzard. You guys are a shadow of your former selves. Good luck on your card game and dota clone.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Quote Originally Posted by HellsJester View Post
    Nice way to lose money and manpower over 7 years Blizzard. You guys are a shadow of your former selves. Good luck on your card game and dota clone.
    Well they have money to spend and they've probably been prototyping most of that time. Cerny's words ring clear in my ears still

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    I think they came at the right time with WOW, I doubt another MMO will ever be as successful as it is, even if created by Blizzard themselves.
    Last edited by keefy; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:03.

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    I think they came at the right time with WOW, I doubt another MMO will ever be as successful as it is, even if created by Blizzard themselves.
    A monthly fee MMO most likely but i can see a F2P one has a chance. I hope EverQuest Next becomes that big since they are trying to change alot for the genre.

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    RuneScape says "hi".

Thread Information