Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Thread: Major changes

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style

Major changes

Destiny Dev Notes
    Sep 25 2014
    Created by Destiny Dev Team
    On September 9th the Bungie team traded late nights building Destiny for late nights playing Destiny with all of you. We'd looked forward to that day for years, knowing that it would bring millions of fresh eyes into our world and quickly change many of our plans and priorities. We were not disappointed.

In the last two weeks there have been many surprises, bugs, exploits, world firsts, and a whole lot of fun. It's been an amazing time. We think now is a great time to step back and let you all know how we think the game is holding up and to talk about some changes we are contemplating going forward.

We will be patching some of these issues as early as today. Others may not be addressed for a month or two. Stay tuned for updates and thank you for all your feedback online.

Loot

He Who Shall Not Be Named
    Long ago during development, the Cryptarch decoded engrams of a given color into gear of that same color. Early in 2014 we added randomness, both for better and worse, to the decrypting process. The result was that end-of-session engram decoding got a lot more exciting and the Cryptarch himself suddenly acquired a personality. Both of these experiences were positive additions to the game.

But we didn't adequately communicate the potential random outcomes of decryption. Players see what looks like the familiar metaphor of item identification, while the Cryptarch thinks he's opening a grab bag of loot. Rage sharding of blues ensues. Expect to see changes to address this soon.

Destiny: The Cave
    The social experience of a cave farming run is amazing: the herding to get a team of Guardians all behind the line and firing in the right direction, the rush to grab the loot, the scramble when the panic wave starts, the beckoning glow from inside the cave. The speed at which the community organized around this activity was inspiring and humbling to us.

But shooting at a black hole for hours on end isn't our dream for how Destiny is played. Our hope is that social engagement in public spaces is only one part of the Destiny experience. Expect changes soon which decrease the efficiency of cave farming and correspondingly increase engram drops from completing activities.

Reward Celebration
    Growing more powerful by acquiring new upgrades, gear or progression is central to Destiny's player experience. Our goal is to always celebrate when this occurs, both as a reward in and of itself and to communicate to players what is going on.

During development we sometimes prioritized making a system functional over celebrating its rewards, for example:
    The Vault of Glass contains highly coveted loot but the actual moment of reward happens without fanfare and can be easily missed.
    The lowest level of the Daily Heroic gives great XP and Reputation rewards, but neither of these progressions appears on the postgame screen.

We will slowly be addressing these and other issues going forward.

Social

Voice Communication
    Our vision for Destiny is that all players, even matchmade players in the Crucible, Strikes, the Tower or public spaces, be able to communicate with one another in a way that promotes positive socialization. Voice communication is the easy answer, but existing voice paradigms, including those in our own Halo games, have not done enough to protect players from abusive griefing from a minority of players.

Destiny's near-term solution will be to allow players to opt-in to voice communication during matchmade activities. Work on this feature was underway at launch and should be rolled out this year in Strikes and the Crucible.

Activities

Strikes
    Strikes are intended to be a fun, combat-filled romp and stomp with a big boss and cool rewards at the end. Better with cooperation, but doable in a pick up group.

Since launch we've tracked down an issue which has made Strikes more challenging than originally designed by both increasing damage taken by players and decreasing the damage inflicted by players on the boss. Expect to see this addressed soon, and for Strikes to become a little less grindy as a result (sorry, Raiders - incoming damage is working as intended in the Vault of Glass).

Balance

Our goal when balancing Destiny is to never have one player choice-- for example a choice of class or weapon-- either be so much better than the alternatives that it is the only valid choice or to be so much worse that it would always be a mistake to choose. When we are successful with this kind of balance the result is a wide set of equally compelling player builds, some of which may be preferred by one player or another but none of which is an absolute right or wrong choice.

Exotic Weapons
    Exotic Weapons are designed to look, feel and sound overpowered, but to not actually break the game. We hope these weapons challenge the way players think about their loadouts and expect their idiosyncrasies to sometimes be a little frustrating. We find ourselves wanting to collect them all and hope players feel the same way.

Not all our Exotic Weapons currently live up to this promise. In particular those weapons received from completing exotic bounties including Thorn and Bad Juju have disappointed many of us who have gone through the great effort to obtain them because, despite looking and sounding amazing, they feel underpowered. We're here to offer some advice: don't shard those guns. Their time will come.

Auto Rifles
    The Auto Rifle archetype is designed to appeal to players who like to throw up a wall of bullets and not worry if a few miss their target. It is intended to inflict sustained damage at close to medium range, but to lose effectiveness at longer ranges.

Today the Auto Rifle is too effective at long range, even beating Scout and Pulse Rifles in some circumstances. Expect stability and/or damage adjustments to the Auto Rifle to address this in the weeks ahead.

Scout Rifles
    Scout Rifles are for players who like to keep their enemies at medium range and hate to miss. They are intended to be an awkward weapon to use at close range but to be dominant-- as long as you land your shots-- at medium and longer ranges.

Scouts just aren't hitting hard enough today when compared to other precision weapons. We'll be addressing this soon.

Shotguns
    Shotguns are for those situations where you need to deliver a massive spike of damage, right now, to the thing standing next to you about to do you harm.

Today shotguns are effective beyond their intended range, especially when upgraded with that intention. Expect changes soon to address shotguns which push the envelope of what it means to be close quarters.

Thank you for helping us drive these changes. Keep sharing. Keep talking. We’re watching and listening.

--Bungie
    Goodbye loot cave
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Forum Sage
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    I always agree with devs trying to stop farming tbh. It's cheap not fun... kinda pointless. Levelling up to get better stuff to enjoy the game? Or you could level up by enjoying the game..

I'm a scout rifle guy in Destiny and feel they're powerful enough so a boost will do me just fine.

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    I will miss being far away with auto rifle.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Wibbly Wobbly
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    No more cave. Lame.

Back to repetitive "dinklebot, press SQUARE!" missions.
    Be Together - Not the same.

reaper of souls
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    good to hear they are taking notes on all of this stuff, I was feeling gutted about my Bad Juju bounty but i'll cross my fingers they make it more awesome

Veteran

I don't really care to much about them removing the loot cave honestly. I never got anything better then the gear I already had. If anything it was a chill spot where me and buddies would meet up to just chat when we got bored of grinding strikes or farming upgrade materials.

Them gimping the dismantling of the queens wrath rewards really hurt tho. That felt like a slap in the face.

Buffing Auto rifles and exotics while nerfing Shorty's and auto rifles is nice tho. Really getting tired of everyone doing the Halo sliding shotgun. XD

Apparently they plans to change "something" with the cryptographer as well as possibly implement proximity chat in a future update.
    Last edited by faaeng; 09-26-2014 at 00:36.
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------

Miqo'te Bard
    I'm going to farm the cave and keep all engrams till the change.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    I tried the cave earlier today. Didn't get much but I got a blue machine gun. Wasn't very giving to me I just wanted to check it out before it got fixed.

Veteran
    Caves supposedly been gone since this afternoon Yuuichi. They bumped the spawn timer for it and some other caves from 6sec to 40.

All purples I get from now on, IF I even get any will not be I'd till the cryptographer patch. I've id' about 8 now none were legendary

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
    Last edited by faaeng; 09-26-2014 at 02:26.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Loot cave was the best! This pisses me off.

Thankfully I was able to snag these legendary items before it was shut down.

Veteran
    I got a total of maybe 8 legendary engrams. 2 from the cave. Not a single 1 stayed legendary. I did however have a blue turn into a legendary shotgun when I was lvl 16. Engram's not from the cave either.

I did get an exotic engram's from the crucible... BUT The server went down due to maintenance for like literally half a minute and when I was able to get back on they said it was rare blue now instead of exotic. Shut it off and didn't play the rest of the day after that.

Miqo'te Bard
    Just did a strike...OMG major changes and it is very welcome with loot drops.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    The loot drops has to be my biggest complaint.

Super Elite
    Items User name style
    Damn it! Missed out on the first two weeks of goodness thanks to a $#@!ty website not having it in stock. Ordered on the 9th (when it was in stock) and then they told me it's on back-order, finally got dispatched on the 17th and it's still not here

Is this pic the real deal?

Are loot drops really that bad?
    Click HERE for my Videos

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Scryer View Post
    Damn it! Missed out on the first two weeks of goodness thanks to a $#@!ty website not having it in stock. Ordered on the 9th (when it was in stock) and then they told me it's on back-order, finally got dispatched on the 17th and it's still not here

Pretty much. Except he would have MAYBE a green or 2 as well, but yeah. Pretty much sums it up.

To be fair. When Diablo 3 first released it was just as bad if not worse.
    Last edited by faaeng; 09-26-2014 at 08:18.

Selected Members Council
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Glad that they are sorting the strikes out, don't mind them being hard but when a strike is level 22 and your level 25 yet the enemies and bosses still manage to down you after a couple of shots and it takes you an age to kill them it was taking the piss a little lol!
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

Twitch ID: http://www.twitch.tv/duffman041986/profile

PSU Direct Email: adam.duffield@psu.com

My Youtube Gaming Channel - Now with commentary: Duffman Gaming

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Libra-75
    Quote Originally Posted by darky89 View Post
    I always agree with devs trying to stop farming tbh. It's cheap not fun... kinda pointless. Levelling up to get better stuff to enjoy the game? Or you could level up by enjoying the game..

I'm a scout rifle guy in Destiny and feel they're powerful enough so a boost will do me just fine.
    Yeah, farming, like "the loot cave", just feels lame, imo. I don't know why people even bother playing the game if they're not interested in actually playing the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Admartian View Post
    No more cave. Lame.

And you're saying that standing infront of a cave and shoot for an hour or two is not repetitive?
    Quote Originally Posted by faaeng View Post
    Caves supposedly been gone since this afternoon Yuuichi. They bumped the spawn timer for it and some other caves from 6sec to 40.

All purples I get from now on, IF I even get any will not be I'd till the cryptographer patch. I've id' about 8 now none were legendary

That's basically how it's been for me too so far. I've got a few legendary engrams, but most of them turns out to be rare items, or motes of light, or strange coins. I really hope they fix it so that the chance to get legendary stuff from legendary engrams is a bit higher. And so that most of your engrams doesn't get downgraded.

Well, most of the time I don't get a legendary engram (purple) per hour, but I might get a few uncommon (green) and maybe a rare (blue). But to fair, none of those other games (Borderlands and Diablo 3) have that good loot either. You get quite alot of loot, but most of it is crap (worse than the stuff you already have). Especially when you reach the higher levels.

18. Likes darky89 likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Libra-75
    Quote Originally Posted by darky89 View Post

Yeah, farming, like "the loot cave", just feels lame, imo. I don't know why people even bother playing the game if they're not interested in actually playing the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Admartian View Post
    No more cave. Lame.

And you're saying that standing infront of a cave and shoot for an hour or two is not repetitive?
    Quote Originally Posted by faaeng View Post

That's basically how it's been for me too so far. I've got a few legendary engrams, but most of them turns out to be rare items, or motes of light, or strange coins. I really hope they fix it so that the chance to get legendary stuff from legendary engrams is a bit higher. And so that most of your engrams doesn't get downgraded.

Well, most of the time I don't get a legendary engram (purple) per hour, but I might get a few uncommon (green) and maybe a rare (blue). But to fair, none of those other games (Borderlands and Diablo 3) have that good loot either. You get quite alot of loot, but most of it is crap (worse than the stuff you already have). Especially when you reach the higher levels.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Libra-75 View Post
    It is about getting the good armor and weapons. The game is flawed out the ass right now. A level 22 strike should not require you to be level 26 to even have a chance at it. Maybe if the game was no so difficult, people would not feel as though they need to farm for these legendary items.

Selected Members Council
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal View Post
    It is about getting the good armor and weapons. The game is flawed out the ass right now. A level 22 strike should not require you to be level 26 to even have a chance at it. Maybe if the game was no so difficult, people would not feel as though they need to farm for these legendary items.
    Exactly the point I made earlier, finally managed to complete the weekly strike yesterday but need some higher level players to help me do it and even then it took us a few goes! There is no way that a level 22 strike should be so hard for even level 23 players and above! Don't get me wrong I like the game to be a challenge but when enemies take you down in 3 shots and it takes you almost a whole round to put them down something is not quite right!

reaper of souls
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    I never seem to have a problem with loot, I always get engrams from enemies, it's rarely decent but I still get them

I hope they do sort out the difficulty of this game because doing that level 22 weekly heroic strike is always mental, im level 27 with full legendary armour and I can get one hit ko'd by an enemy

Selected Members Council
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    I never seem to have a problem with loot, I always get engrams from enemies, it's rarely decent but I still get them

I hope they do sort out the difficulty of this game because doing that level 22 weekly heroic strike is always mental, im level 27 with full legendary armour and I can get one hit ko'd by an enemy
    As we well found out last night Sy

reaper of souls
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
    As we well found out last night Sy
    haha it's those bloody knob goblins!

Selected Members Council
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    haha it's those bloody knob goblins!
    Definitely live up to their names with those stupid long distance weapons and that smug look on their face

Administrator and Visionary
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Loot cave gave me some goodness! Got my crypto level from like 9 to 17 lol. Got about a dozen or so leg engs from it and got a $#@! tonne of motes and strange coins from the blues. used dem coins to get the sexy exotic auto rifle (got it knowing about the nerf) and the hunter helm (have an exotic body but...dat radar bonus).

Thread Information