Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U release dates confirmed, specific bundles and new trailer

Nintendo of America has now confirmed that Super Smash Bros. for Wii U will arrive in North America on 21st November. In addition the GameCube Controller Adapter will be sold separately with a recommended price of $19.99, the Smash Bros. wired GameCube pad will be $29.99, while a bundle of a game / controller / adapter will cost $99.99 -- all of these options will arrive on 21st November.

Original article:

For quite a while now we've been tentatively referring to Super Smash Bros. for Wii U as a Winter / Holiday release, but Nintendo of Europe has now been the first to officially break the silence and give us a release date for the upcoming brawler in the region -- 5th December.

Nintendo of Europe has also confirmed the specific bundles that will be available for the title in the region. Along with a standalone disc or eShop option, the following options will be in stores:

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U + Mario amiibo -- The game plus a Mario amiibo figure to get you started.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U + GameCube Controller Adaptor for Wii U -- This one includes the GameCube Controller Adaptor that'll support wired and Wavebird controllers.

The GameCube Controller Adaptor and the wired Super Smash Bros.-designed wired pad -- pictured below -- will also be available separately.

Source

Great news. This will be a great reason to pick up a Wii U.

Last edited by Metal King Slime; 2 Weeks Ago at 22:39.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Do you love GTA? Check out my general discussion thread here!

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    No console bundle? Also, people like using Gamecube controller for Smash? That was one of the reasons i hated Smash 2.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by HellsJester View Post
    No console bundle? Also, people like using Gamecube controller for Smash? That was one of the reasons i hated Smash 2.
    Which one did you like? The Gamecube controller makes it easier to use...

Can't wait to kick all of your asses.

3DS: 4613-6960-4293

Ultimate Veteran
    Great button layout, for the most part. It doesn't feel awkward to use like the N64 controller. I can't comment on the Wiimote.

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Metal King Slime View Post
    Great button layout, for the most part. It doesn't feel awkward to use like the N64 controller. I can't comment on the Wiimote.
    I liked the N64 controller more than the Gamecube one. I havent had the chance to try the Wii U pro controller. Is that one any good for games like Smash?

Ultimate Veteran
    I liked the N64 controller more than the Gamecube one. I havent had the chance to try the Wii U pro controller. Is that one any good for games like Smash?
    I don't own a Wii U just yet so I can't say.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    The Pro controller feels like you're on a Xbox controller. I don't like where the sticks are located, they're kind of far reached. I played the Brawl using the Gamecube controller and Wii-mote and with the Wii-mote just felt like you were missing some things and it felt slow for me. Using the Gamecube controller was really comfortable since I was already used to playing Melee so every thing was the same. As for the Gamepad of the Wii-U, its actually comfortable to use. I also find it easier playing the games by looking at the Gamepad not at the TV. I'd imagine with Smash you'd have to remind yourself you're using a Dualshock since basically you'll be using shield or possibly the Z attack.

3DS: 4613-6960-4293

Thread Information