Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    reaper of souls
    Sylar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    UK
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Age
    25
    Posts
    10,513
    Rep Power
    106
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat

    Decent and Durable in ear headphones?

    Basically I need a good enough pair of in ear headphones for work as the cheap ones I use don't last longer than a few months!

    They tend to stop when the wire by the jack wears away and the wires get exposed and start to fray, hopefully I can get a decent pair and im hoping you guys know what to get and from where




  2. #2
    Superior Member
    WaxWeazle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Belgium
    PSN ID
    kipkebab92
    Age
    22
    Posts
    998
    Rep Power
    14
    Well... I personally can't say much about In Ears.. I haven't used proper In Ears since ages.

    What I can tell you is..
    Friend of mine using these for music, gaming, when going out on his phone and stuff.. He says they're really good and durable. I can't say it's true, never tested them myself, but I thought it might be useful to share with you

    http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-audi...hammerhead-pro


    Battlelog: MrUltraah | PSN: kipkebab92 | Steam: ultraah | Xfire: dahultrapro

  3. #3
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    17,878
    Rep Power
    129
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    I wouldn't trust Razer with audio stuff. They made their name with Mice about 15 years ago.

  4. #4
    Superior Member
    WaxWeazle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Belgium
    PSN ID
    kipkebab92
    Age
    22
    Posts
    998
    Rep Power
    14
    Could be, I don't know and personally I don't care.
    My friend is the one who uses them for it all, he says they're quite right and they work really good. He has them since months, uses the little case that comes with them and they still work perfectly fine, they're strong, durable and he says the audio quality is perfect.


    Battlelog: MrUltraah | PSN: kipkebab92 | Steam: ultraah | Xfire: dahultrapro

  5. #5
    If you want a good pair of IEM's, it's best to go with trusted sompanies like Shure and AKG. Your best source of information would be at www.head-fi.org

    These aren't too expensive.
    http://www.amazon.com/Shure-SE215-CL...ords=shure+iem

    And whatever you get, make sure it uses a detachable cable. I have an almost brand new $150 pair of Harman Kardon AE's which are now useless because the Jack broke and cannot be replaced.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by WaxWeazle View Post
    Could be, I don't know and personally I don't care.
    My friend is the one who uses them for it all, he says they're quite right and they work really good. He has them since months, uses the little case that comes with them and they still work perfectly fine, they're strong, durable and he says the audio quality is perfect.
    The problem with that is, headphones like these only sound perfect to people who have never really heard good headphones. If all he has heard before these are the ear buds that came with his smartphone or a cheap pair from Skullcandy, they might sound perfect to him. But I guarantee they aren't even close to being in the same league as what I posted above for not much more money.

    Some people buy Beats for $300 and think they sound perfect because the marketing has them convinced this is what is used in the studio. But I could pull up $40 to $50 headphones that blow them away.

    Just reading the marketing on the webpage tells me they aren't going to be very good. All that "enhanced" bass shows me these are directed towards general consumers who don't really know better. And after hearing Razers gamer headsets compared to my Sennheiser headphones, I know I'm right.

    Buying a good pair of headphones is a very tricky thing because most of the consumer grade products just don't stack up and there is almost always a similarly priced professional grade product that's far better. Problem is, most stores dont sell them because they aren't trendy enough. Luckily we have Amazon.

  7. #7
    Superior Member
    WaxWeazle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Belgium
    PSN ID
    kipkebab92
    Age
    22
    Posts
    998
    Rep Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Murderstyle75 View Post
    The problem with that is, headphones like these only sound perfect to people who have never really heard good headphones. If all he has heard before these are the ear buds that came with his smartphone or a cheap pair from Skullcandy, they might sound perfect to him. But I guarantee they aren't even close to being in the same league as what I posted above for not much more money.

    Some people buy Beats for $300 and think they sound perfect because the marketing has them convinced this is what is used in the studio. But I could pull up $40 to $50 headphones that blow them away.

    Just reading the marketing on the webpage tells me they aren't going to be very good. All that "enhanced" bass shows me these are directed towards general consumers who don't really know better. And after hearing Razers gamer headsets compared to my Sennheiser headphones, I know I'm right.

    Buying a good pair of headphones is a very tricky thing because most of the consumer grade products just don't stack up and there is almost always a similarly priced professional grade product that's far better. Problem is, most stores dont sell them because they aren't trendy enough. Luckily we have Amazon.
    I know he has heard proper headphones/headsets too, so I can tell you that his opinion is not based on those in ears being the only ones he has used.
    Though you are right though about the marketing thing...
    It's ridiculous.
    I've gotten myself a Pioneer HDJ 1000 at first which was remarkable audio, but it was quite the price as well, though I'm willing to pay proper money for proper quality! Have had 2 HDJ 1000 headsets and since they're out of stores now, I've gone to the HDJ 2000 ones, which are, as well as the HDJ 1000, really good quality



    To go back onto your question though
    I myself, used a pair of Sennheiser in ears a long time ago.. Eventually those broke and I went on to Pioneer in ears. No real reason why I switched, but yeah...
    If I'd have to get new ones, personally I'd look into these 2 companies' products


    Battlelog: MrUltraah | PSN: kipkebab92 | Steam: ultraah | Xfire: dahultrapro

  8. #8
    Miqo'te Bard
    Yuuichi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8,082
    Rep Power
    78
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Skullcandy
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,




  9. #9
    reaper of souls
    Sylar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    UK
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Age
    25
    Posts
    10,513
    Rep Power
    106
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    thanks for the replies fellas!

    I did a lot of searching and I decided to go for these

    http://www.westoneaudio.com/index.ph...um-pro-10.html

    managed to get them for 90




  10. #10
    Forum Sage
    MjW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Age
    33
    Posts
    7,538
    Rep Power
    100
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS

    Decent and Durable in ear headphones?

    I don't know what line of work you are in but as Murderstyle75 said, go for a pair with detachable cord.

    Edit:
    Just saw that you already got the Westone. Very nice plugs, specially for half the price!
    Last edited by MjW; 11-01-2014 at 16:41.

    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by WaxWeazle View Post
    I know he has heard proper headphones/headsets too, so I can tell you that his opinion is not based on those in ears being the only ones he has used.
    Though you are right though about the marketing thing...
    It's ridiculous.
    I've gotten myself a Pioneer HDJ 1000 at first which was remarkable audio, but it was quite the price as well, though I'm willing to pay proper money for proper quality! Have had 2 HDJ 1000 headsets and since they're out of stores now, I've gone to the HDJ 2000 ones, which are, as well as the HDJ 1000, really good quality



    To go back onto your question though
    I myself, used a pair of Sennheiser in ears a long time ago.. Eventually those broke and I went on to Pioneer in ears. No real reason why I switched, but yeah...
    If I'd have to get new ones, personally I'd look into these 2 companies' products
    Well perhaps they might be an exception but every time I see Razer, I get very skeptical due to their gaming headsets. I know I've seen an exception with Skullcandys SLYR and PLYR1 gaming headsets which are actually some of the best on the market without getting into a mixamp/headphone/mic combo. Meanwhile their consumer headphones are pretty bad.

    And I really think that when it comes to ear buds of any kind, they aren't going to last if you have an active lifestyle or a job that requires you to do heavy labor. I do have a pair of Shure SE535's but rarely take them outside because of the price. Lucky for me, I got them for a steal on Craigslist, New in the box or I wouldn't even own them. I am considering selling them because I'm rarely using them and could easily buy a pair of Philips Fidelio X1, over ear cans with the money I could get for them.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    thanks for the replies fellas!

    I did a lot of searching and I decided to go for these

    http://www.westoneaudio.com/index.ph...um-pro-10.html

    managed to get them for 90
    According to the reviews I read, you should really like them.

    http://www.head-fi.org/products/west...-ear-headphone

  13. #13
    Newbie
    Ayunir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Omaha NE
    PSN ID
    kinetic-_-storm
    Posts
    45
    Rep Power
    0
    Sony earbuds are really great, they last much longer than other brands I have tried

  14. #14
    I just tried on some Sennheiser ear buds they had at Office Depot and they were absolutely mind blowing. Some might be turned off by them though because they were the kind with the band that wraps around the back of your head. Wish I remembered the model number.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.