Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation

The Shooting of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri

Here's the wikipedia page on the case:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Michael_Brown

I don't know what to think of this case.

I am an African American woman and this is going to sound weird coming from a black person, but I just do not believe this is a racial case. When I say racial case, I mean the officer did not target Michael Brown because of his skin color. It's a lot in this case to back me up. I cannot say that for some of the other cases because I do not know what's in the other cases though and other factors. It's a lot in this case. And then you have police officers doing things like there is another case in the U.S. where this officer is being investigated for raping women, white women, and he is white. So police officers aren't just coming at black people and that's what I'm trying to tell people.

Let me just going ahead and ask these questions to PSU:

1. Do you think this case has something to do with racism in the U.S.?

2. Do you think the verdict or Wilson facing no charges is the correct conclusion or justice?

3. Do you think Michael Brown had his hands up or was charging Wilson or do you think Wilson shot him that many times was unjustified?

4. Do you think Michael Brown's stepfather should face exciting a riot charges for what he said on camera after the verdict was announced?

5. Finally, do you think these protests will stay peaceful or will they eventually escalate to the point where people will draw guns against the national guard?
    Currently Playing: Pokemon Alpha Sapphire for the Nintendo 3DS

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Tapatalk acting up. Sorry, please delete
    Last edited by K2D; 4 Days Ago at 12:55.

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Re: The Shooting of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri

Police brutality more than racism. But then you examine the way cops treat whites vs blacks, the picture becomes clearer.

He should have been indicted with something!

What happened to the days when a suspect ran and an officer pursued? Or calling for back up when you see a suspect (the officer was responding to the burglar right?). This is a case of rage and not getting things your way. Resisting an arrest=death sentence

Nope, they're lucky the damage was minimal.

If another cop kills an unnamed citizen again or a tape of police brutality surfaces, who knows.

Just like the NY cop that was shot by another cop (white), when he was trying to apprehend a suspect. Now if the victim (black cop) was white, do you think the other officers would have approached that situation differently?

And last, this is the mental state of most white cops in America. Please watch the video, no spoilers.

Last edited by YoungMullah88; 4 Days Ago at 14:11.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Not a racial case at all. When you do not listen to an officer, he is allowed to use excess force if needed. If Michael Brown listened to the officer instead of fighting with him, he would still be alive.

The only thing racial about this case was how Ferguson reacted.

The officer will ALWAYS win if you try to argue or fight with them.

Finally You Are Free
    American police are rampantly unaccountable and aggressive. It doesn't matter who they hurt or kill, what rights they violate or who's sense of safety they impede, what misconduct they commit as an officer, they get away with it every time. We're transitioning into a police state. This is emerging class warfare, not a race issue.

Unfortunately the American citizenry are easily divided against the common threat. The government and media has turned us against each other, and the snake is slowly eating the mice one by one.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal View Post
    Not a racial case at all. When you do not listen to an officer, he is allowed to use excess force if needed. If Michael Brown listened to the officer instead of fighting with him, he would still be alive.

The only thing racial about this case was how Ferguson reacted.

The officer will ALWAYS win if you try to argue or fight with them.
    No doubt about that, but should an individual lose there life for not "listening" to an officer?

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    No doubt about that, but should an individual lose there life for not "listening" to an officer?
    He never should have made the officer fear for his life. Michael Brown was a big boy, and I do not blame the officer at all.

You should never physically fight the law. That should always be done in court with your lawyer, where there is no chance of you losing your life.

That officer did not know who that guy was. He didn't know what that guy did 20 mins ago, or what his plans are tomorrow. The officer was forced to take action.
    Last edited by Lethal; 3 Days Ago at 15:52.

8. Likes mickice likes this post
    PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style
    Lol so what about the victim here, MICHAEL BROWN! So he didn't fear for his life? To react the way he did.

I think you got that one backwards. I don't think you've been profiled (multiple times) before, as a black man that has been profiled just because I was driving a nice car (excuse was that my window was too dark, yet my tints are state legal), even after Complying and showing him everything he asked for, also showing him the tint receipt to back up my claim, my car was searched! I will never let those encounters define me but its jarring when stuff like that happens to you, it really changes your outlook on certain groups.

So if you haven't lived it, all you can do is speculate. Imagine people that deal with this scenario multiple times a week. Some day they're going to be fed up of the bull$#@! and retaliate (Americans don't have the balls, so never going to happen)

Obviously Mike brown stole those cigars but that does not mean he had to lose his life that day because a cops ego was bruised!

Back to my case, if it was a cop having an off day, he could have made up some bull$#@! story to arrest me. It's only a matter of time before the harassment turns deadly, which we're seeing today. They don't give a $#@! anymore
    Last edited by YoungMullah88; 3 Days Ago at 16:04.

10. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    welshboymick
    I do love the victim blame culture. Michael Brown gets shot and it's obviously *his* fault for doing x/y/z and not the person who shot the gun.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Lol so what about the victim here, MICHAEL BROWN! So he didn't fear for his life? To react the way he did.
    The officer did not make him fear for his life. If Michael Brown listened to the officer, none of this would have happened.

There were witnesses.....

Like I said before. The officer did not know what Michael Brown did 20 mins ago. Michael Brown could have murdered someone 20 mins ago for all he knew. So when someone decides to fight with an officer, that officer is allowed to use deadly force if needed.

And the color of his skin does not mean $#@!. So do not play that bull$#@! race card about not knowing what it is like to be black. I grew up in Chicago, and white criminals were treated the same as black criminals.
    Last edited by Lethal; 3 Days Ago at 16:07.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style
    The officer did not make him fear for his life. If Michael Brown listened to the officer, none of this would have happened.

There were witnesses.....
    So the police car blocking them wasn't enough warrant for him to fear for his life?

but then even if there was a struggle in the car, it's against the law to shoot a person in the back while they are fleeing! Wilson should have pursued mike brown but he didnt, he shot the kid in the back

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    So the police car blocking them wasn't enough warrant for him to fear for his life?

but then even if there was a struggle in the car, it's against the law to shoot a person in the back while they are fleeing! Wilson should have pursued mike brown but he didnt, he shot the kid in the back
    Someone needs to research what happened again. Michael Brown was not shot from behind.....

Yo do not even know the story of what happened.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...390_story.html

Last edited by Lethal; 3 Days Ago at 16:17.

Finally You Are Free
    Not trying to split hairs here, but Micheal brown was 18 years old. Calling him a kid seems disingenuous.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style
    Someone needs to research what happened again.
    ^^^lol its a habit, i call everyone younger than me a kid

regardless of what happened that day, Michael Brown should not have lost his life that day!

then we have this?

lol America, never change

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    I still think you need to research the story again before making comments. You are incorrect about everything. You didn't even know where the victim was shot....

He was not running away, he was in fact running towards the officer. No $#@! he was shot down for that.

Please know the story before defending criminals.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style
    so the officer never shot at him while he was fleeing? thats what youre telling me? and then the bull$#@! story that someone who has been shot, turns around and rushes the man that has been shooting at him? right

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    I am done discussing this with you.

Nobody turns around when bullets are shot. People run away from bullets. He was not shot at till he was coming towards the officer.

Even if the officer fired a shot in the air to scare him, he would have put his hands on his head and dropped to his knees. Nobody ever decides to turn around and run towards gun fire.

You are making ridiculous excuses at this point.

You have given your irrational and lack of knowledge of the incident. We can part ways with this discussion.
    Last edited by Lethal; 3 Days Ago at 16:27.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style
    Someone needs to research what happened again. Michael Brown was not shot from behind.....

Yo do not even know the story of what happened.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...390_story.html

must be convenient when the other party cant defend themselves.

There's always two sides to a story but unfortunately we'll never know but we're left with the lies of a killer and a system that will do anything to protect there kind.

Go figure
    Last edited by YoungMullah88; 3 Days Ago at 16:34.

21. Likes welshboymick likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Shame we can not hear the criminals story. I am sure he would have said he did nothing wrong and this officer just picked him at random.

You have also clearly made this about race. You would not be saying what you are saying if Michael Brown was actually white. And that is clearly making you blind to what actually happened here. And that was proven by the fact that you did not even know where the bullets entered on the victims body.

Forum Elder
    For a while I did think it was a racial thing but not anymore. After hearing witnesses say he was shot while running away. The evidence says he was shot from the front, and the officer was attacked.

Profiling does happen, I left out racial because it happened several times to me as a young white male. I had a goth kind of look in hischool and was the first person blamed for just about everything, even though I never did anything outside of a few fistfight.

So I don't think so in this case but it does happen. There are black, white, red, and yellow racists out there.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Administrator
    ^ Yep ... the evidence showed that he was shot from the front and the officer was attacked. This case received far too much attention than it deserved. Racism is still a very stupid thing and to all you racists out there ... please grow up ... it's 2014.

I do think that killing people should be a last resort, though. I mean they have pepper spray and tasers and all kinds of goodies that would be better alternatives than pumping someone full of lead.

25. Likes Admartian , Lethal likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    welshboymick
    must be convenient when the other party cant defend themselves.

There's always two sides to a story but unfortunately we'll never know but we're left with the lies of a killer and a system that will do anything to protect there kind.

Go figure
    I was 100% with you until you said "lies of a killer" (don't know why you edited that in tbh).

A police officer shooting anyone to kill is an utter tragedy and I'm amazed so many people seem so "ahh well the police officer was just doing his job".

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by welshboymick View Post
    A police officer shooting anyone to kill is an utter tragedy and I'm amazed so many people seem so "ahh well the police officer was just doing his job".
    It's completely circumstantial and I completely agree that it's a tragedy. I think the problem with this case is the overwhelming contradictions from all the "witnesses" ... and these same witnesses kept changing their stories. We won't ever hear the defendant's case. Cops are always on the alert, so their senses are probably more on edge than your average person ... so there's a psychological aspect that comes into play. Cops need to learn more self control and I think shooting people in the chest really should be a last resort. There are plenty of other places to shoot that will down the supposed attacker without killing them.

28. Likes welshboymick likes this post
    Forum Overseer

it doesn't matter if it is racism or not. there are two different problems. the blacks are still the poorest in this country due to congress and law makers, crime directly correlates with class and we have a serious problem with the engagement rules and training of the police. not to mention the militarization of it.

no one seems to be concerned about that. we have factual proof that the cops need better training on how to handle a threat as it seems cops from other countries (with similar $#@!cide rates) aren't shooting their suspects (especially to kill) as much. we have statistics to prove this. US fares almost as bad as South Africa (which is known to be $#@!hole) in police shootings, so compared to other developed countries, we have a serious problem.

there is definitely a discrepancy there. SA is a poor region, likely one of the worst third world regions in the world and the most violent/criminal. we should be doing better than them.

Finally You Are Free
    I also remember reading that the coroner evaluated that Micheal Brown was shot from the front, so I don't see how he was shot if he was actually running away. The witness testimonies were also conflicting and going all over the place, but plenty of studies show that statistically witnesses will misremember or fabricate new details when questioned, especially when it's after something dramatic happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    I do think that killing people should be a last resort, though. I mean they have pepper spray and tasers and all kinds of goodies that would be better alternatives than pumping someone full of lead.
    Why did the officer have his gun out in the first place?

Thread Information