Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War

Anyone have 2 PS4's using the same account?

I'm getting another PS4 for Christmas off the better half to save keep moving my console around the house and just have afew questions about having 2 consoles setup on the same account.

The majority of my games are digital so I'm wanting to download them all to the 2nd PS4.
    How does PS+ handle the save data? Will only the save data off the 'primary' PS4 be uploaded or does it check for the latest time stamped save data and upload the latest it finds across both consoles?

If it only checks the primary console for save data, can I upload save data manually from the second PS4 to PS+ so I can download it later to the primary PS4 and carry on from where I left off?
    And like wise for the secondary PS4, can I manually download save data from PS+ which I upload from the primary console?

I'll be using the 1 account for both but only 1 console will be in use at once.
    Basically, I want to play on 1 and then at somepoint play on the other but carrying on from the same point of the game.

Cheers

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    LordVenger
    Items User name style
    Not PS4's, but I do have two PS3's using the same account, but as far as I can recall they both have different PSN ID's. The second PS3 is almost never used for gaming, but I seem to recall it has its own trophy list under that account. Actually, it didn't seem to want to let me set up my existing PSN ID even while allowing me to use all the same account info. Because I'm certain I would have tried. Maybe it was just me, but I haven't looked into it since and I've no real need of a second PS4 at this time.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    OregonViking
    I have two Ps4's, bought a second one specifically so my brother and I can co-op GTA Online. With online games like Destiny or Driveclub of course you will have no issues. However lets say you want to play your GTA offline save and not have your PSPlus cloud save file not be over written from starting a new game on your other 4. The trick is to download from the cloud before starting your offline game that gets you your latest save data.

However it would be smarter to keep a USB drive handy if any cloud issues come up with your latest saves(for me particularly 100% saves) and as a backup. That would circumvent any issues sharing saves.

More info

https://support.us.playstation.com/a...save-game-data
    Last edited by OregonViking; 4 Days Ago at 21:29.

4. Likes GazzaGSi likes this post
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by OregonViking View Post
    I have two Ps4's, bought a second one specifically so my brother and I can co-op GTA Online. With online games like Destiny or Driveclub of course you will have no issues. However lets say you want to play your GTA offline save and not have your PSPlus cloud save file not be over written from starting a new game on your other 4. The trick is to download from the cloud before starting your offline game that gets you your latest save data.

However it would be smarter to keep a USB drive handy if any cloud issues come up with your latest saves(for me particularly 100% saves) and as a backup. That would circumvent any issues sharing saves.

More info

https://support.us.playstation.com/a...save-game-data
    Fantastic thanks. If you've used the same account on both PS4's do you have to change the primary setting at all for the one you play on or can you just leave one as primary and play without any issues. Cheers for the tip on the save data, makes sense just to back up whichever is your latest save. Thanks

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    OregonViking
    Quote Originally Posted by GazzaGSi View Post
    Fantastic thanks. If you've used the same account on both PS4's do you have to change the primary setting at all for the one you play on or can you just leave one as primary and play without any issues. Cheers for the tip on the save data, makes sense just to back up whichever is your latest save. Thanks
    No problem.

The big difference for your primary & secondary PS4 for one account will be the secondary PS4 will not be able to play digital games when the console is offline. Not a big issue if you have a always online network but one to remember should you want to go play your Ps4 somewhere that doesn't have internet.

However if you want to use ypur two 4's for otherwise impossible couch(DriveClub) vs or co op(GTA Online), if you are a digital owner you will be pleased to know that you can use one digital copy simultaneously for both consoles. If your buddies want to come play driveclub, make the console they use is the primary, setup a friend account & it will share digital game rights and psplus access. This makes owning digital a huge plus for multiple Ps4 owners, and up to this point likely the only advantage over a physical copy. This alone had made me purchase GTA 5 digitally, and will likely influence other purchases down the road.
    Last edited by OregonViking; 4 Days Ago at 03:42.

7. Likes GazzaGSi likes this post
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by OregonViking View Post
    No problem.

The big difference for your primary & secondary PS4 for one account will be the secondary PS4 will not be able to play digital games when the console is offline. Not a big issue if you have a always online network but one to remember should you want to go play your Ps4 somewhere that doesn't have internet.

However if you want to use ypur two 4's for otherwise impossible couch(DriveClub) vs or co op(GTA Online), if you are a digital owner you will be pleased to know that you can use one digital copy simultaneously for both consoles. If your buddies want to come play driveclub, make the console they use is the primary, setup a friend account & it will share digital game rights and psplus access. This makes owning digital a huge plus for multiple Ps4 owners, and up to this point likely the only advantage over a physical copy. This alone had made me purchase GTA 5 digitally, and will likely influence other purchases down the road.
    Awesome thanks! Both consoles will always have an online connection so appreciate you clearing up the primary/secondary issue for me.

I didn't know that about the digital access neither! That's great as the mrs can sign in with her account and play the games I've bought off the store, great stuff!

Thanks again

Yea I have two because I wanted the white one. They work fine using the same account

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thread Information