Angry PS4 Internet Speed

Okay my internet speed is 100MB down & 10MB up

Okay on my computer (wired to modem) i do a speed test and yes I get my right speed, in fact a little more. ok no problem.

My iPhone (WiFi) get the same speed, little more

My Laptop (WiFi) get the same speed, little more

and sometimes im using 2-3 at the same time

On my PS4 that is connected directly to the router IM ONLY getting 30-50MB down & 2-4MB UP?!?!??

WHY??????????? I even shut everything down that uses wifi and I get the same crap, WHY!??!

It sucks, i mean the down speed is fine, but the UP is so LOW (i stream alot)

and it always varies on the PS4 when i do speed test while on my other devices i get the same constant good speed

PSN ID
    Satori_22
    I have the same problem, have 60mb internet and can only get about 30mb on my ps4. My guessing is the PSN servers are really bad in some regions. For instance if you can get up to 50mb servers are better in your region than mine which tops at 30mb. Just guessing tho.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    felix336
    I had a similar issue at my old place, was getting only about a third of my speed. Can't guarantee this will work for you but I did find a solution. I had to set my router to wireless-g only mode. I had this issue with both my PS4 and Vita and this did the trick for me. Although unfortunately depending on how you have your network/devices setup that could cause more problems than it's worth.
    Last edited by Felix336; 13 Hours Ago at 08:36.

Quote Originally Posted by Felix336 View Post
    I had a similar issue at my old place, was getting only about a third of my speed. Can't guarantee this will work for you but I did find a solution. I had to set my router to wireless-g only mode. I had this issue with both my PS4 and Vita and this did the trick for me. Although unfortunately depending on how you have your network/devices setup that could cause more problems than it's worth.
    How do I do this or what? I have time warner cable....also will it affect the speeds on my computer / etc

I can call my internet company too, what should i tell them or what to change the settings or what.

its not where im located, because before this internet i had

25 DOWN and 25 Up and i would get my full 25 down and 25 up

Thread Information