Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

What is your opinion on aliens and UFOs?

I believe that we aren't alone in our known universe but I'm not sure if an alien spacecraft actually crash-landed in Roswell or that we've ever been visited by aliens. It seems like there's simply too much space between stars to make such a journey possible or worthwhile. What do you think?
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 3 Weeks Ago at 05:25.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

[OT] Dragon Quest Heroes

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    kipkebab92
    I'm really interested in the subject, watch a lot of UFO shows actually :P

I personally think that we've already have them amongst us (not disguised as humans, though it wouldn't be that big of a surprise if they're more intelligent) but hidden by the gov because they want to get the most advantage out of it first (new technology and such). I do think it was an actual UFO in Roswell, seeing they released a new newsmessage a bit after to 'undo' the UFO story... Which in my eyes isn't just coincidence, but more of a '$#@! we have to undo that mistake, so people won't freak out' or something like that.

I agree with that there's definitely a lot of space in between the stars and planets, making it quite the journey, but then again, us humans aren't that far with space knowledge as we 'just' started to discover what's out there. I'm not saying we're not evolving/getting more and more info, I mean.. It took 66 years from the first plane to the first space trip, so we definitely get further at a fast pace now, but I don't think we're 'far' concerning knowledge about what's out 'there'.

Battlelog: MrUltraah | PSN: kipkebab92 | Steam: ultraah | Xfire: dahultrapro

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by Metal King Slime View Post
    I believe that we aren't alone in our known universe but I'm not sure if an alien spacecraft actually crash-landed in Roswell or that we've ever been visited by aliens. It seems like there's simply too much space between stars to make such a journey possible or worthwhile. What do you think?
    Well, unless we do something about our species, we'll have no choice but to journey between stars

Earth is but an island in the middle of a giant sea....Once all the coconuts run out, you're $#@! outta luck! xD

On the topic of aliens though; More specifically, Being visited by Aliens. That would be both terrifying and liberating.

Firstly, it would be humbling to the human race how lacking we are as a civilization, and how far advanced other species are compared to us.

Secondly, it would prove that interstellar space is achievable and is something we could attain.

Other intelligent beings probably exist out there. Would be fascinating to compare notes if we ever met. We laud Einstein, what would be their equivalent? How much more/less intelligent was he by comparison?
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by WaxWeazle View Post
    I'm really interested in the subject, watch a lot of UFO shows actually :P

I personally think that we've already have them amongst us (not disguised as humans, though it wouldn't be that big of a surprise if they're more intelligent) but hidden by the gov because they want to get the most advantage out of it first (new technology and such). I do think it was an actual UFO in Roswell, seeing they released a new newsmessage a bit after to 'undo' the UFO story... Which in my eyes isn't just coincidence, but more of a '$#@! we have to undo that mistake, so people won't freak out' or something like that.

I agree with that there's definitely a lot of space in between the stars and planets, making it quite the journey, but then again, us humans aren't that far with space knowledge as we 'just' started to discover what's out there. I'm not saying we're not evolving/getting more and more info, I mean.. It took 66 years from the first plane to the first space trip, so we definitely get further at a fast pace now, but I don't think we're 'far' concerning knowledge about what's out 'there'.
    I haven't really watched any alien and UFO shows since high school. Are there any out there that you would recommend? I know about Ancient Aliens but remember reading it was pretty biased.

Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    Well, unless we do something about our species, we'll have no choice but to journey between stars

Earth is but an island in the middle of a giant sea....Once all the coconuts run out, you're $#@! outta luck! xD

On the topic of aliens though; More specifically, Being visited by Aliens. That would be both terrifying and liberating.

Firstly, it would be humbling to the human race how lacking we are as a civilization, and how far advanced other species are compared to us.

Secondly, it would prove that interstellar space is achievable and is something we could attain.

Other intelligent beings probably exist out there. Would be fascinating to compare notes if we ever met. We laud Einstein, what would be their equivalent? How much more/less intelligent was he by comparison?
    Yeah, it would be fascinating to compare their best minds with ours and learn about their different cultures, the different conflicts they went through before achieving interstellar travel etc. Would we even be able to communicate with them? I don't know.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 3 Weeks Ago at 09:14.

[OT] Dragon Quest Heroes

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    kipkebab92
    I haven't really watched any alien and UFO shows since high school. Are there any out there that you would recommend? I know about Ancient Aliens but remember reading it was pretty biased.
    I honestly don't care what people say bout those series... I just watch them cause I enjoy it, they're interesting. It's not like I'm watching them, making notes on how to make contact or stuff like that, I just like watching them, they're an interesting thing

Things I've watched so far that I can remember (there's definitely more but I can't remember..);
    Ancient Aliens
    Hangar 1: The UFO Files Haven't actually seen it yet, but it's on my drive, ready to be watched.
    NASA's Unexplained Files
    UFO Hunters
    Uncovering Aliens

General space/alien/question-stuff that I've watched (which covers space-information, sometimes episodes about aliens and contact or such);
    Cosmos - A Space Time Odyssey
    Curiosity
    Through The Wormhole

If anybody else can recommend series, shout

Funny enough, while I'm really interested in this subject, the whole idea also frightens me. Who knows what beings could be out there and with what intentions they make contact (if they do) or which intentions they have when they come visit us?
    You can't just think they'll come in peace or that they come solely to exterminate us.. But yeah, just the idea of what they look like frighten me already. Especially those called 'The Greys'. Ew.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Yeah, it would be fascinating to compare their best minds with ours and learn about their different cultures, the different conflicts they went through before achieving interstellar travel etc. Would we even be able to communicate with them? I don't know.
    Ha! I've played too much Mass Effect. I thought everyone would speak English!

I honestly don't care what people say bout those series... I just watch them cause I enjoy it, they're interesting. It's not like I'm watching them, making notes on how to make contact or stuff like that, I just like watching them, they're an interesting thing

Things I've watched so far that I can remember (there's definitely more but I can't remember..);
    Ancient Aliens
    Hangar 1: The UFO Files Haven't actually seen it yet, but it's on my drive, ready to be watched.
    NASA's Unexplained Files
    UFO Hunters
    Uncovering Aliens

General space/alien/question-stuff that I've watched (which covers space-information, sometimes episodes about aliens and contact or such);
    Cosmos - A Space Time Odyssey
    Curiosity
    Through The Wormhole

If anybody else can recommend series, shout

Funny enough, while I'm really interested in this subject, the whole idea also frightens me. Who knows what beings could be out there and with what intentions they make contact (if they do) or which intentions they have when they come visit us?
    You can't just think they'll come in peace or that they come solely to exterminate us.. But yeah, just the idea of what they look like frighten me already. Especially those called 'The Greys'. Ew.
    'Wonders of the Solar System' is another one. Dr Brian Cox talks about basic life (simple organisms) within our own solar System, but not on earth.....and if you watch it on Blu-ray....*eyegasm*

If beings make contact, it will be for one of two things. To uplift our species and enlighten us, OR, to dominate us for the aforementioned island metaphor above
    Last edited by Fijiandoce; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:33.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    kipkebab92
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    'Wonders of the Solar System' is another one. Dr Brian Cox talks about basic life (simple organisms) within our own solar System, but not on earth.....and if you watch it on Blu-ray....*eyegasm*

If beings make contact, it will be for one of two things. To uplift our species and enlighten us, OR, to dominate us for the aforementioned island metaphor above
    Thanks! Will definitely give it a look

Actually I think there's more than 2 things... One of them being Earth's resources... I think there're more reasons but can't say which ones.. Maybe studying us? Hybrids? I don't know. There's definitely more to it than just enlighten or dominate I think... Who knows they have no interests in us whatsoever but they do in our planet?

EDIT:
    Something that just came to my mind... I've been thinking about it before, but didn't think about it when reading this topic.
    What I don't get is that there's so much series concerning Aliens, UFOs and their conspiracies. It goes really, really deep at some points, which is incredibly informative but at the same time, you have no clue whether or not it's true. If it's not true, it'd be understandable that 'the gov' doesn't give a f*ck about it and thus let it be broadcasted. If it's true, you'd guess that they'd stop the making of the programs and such and that the people behind it would be silenced... But then again, they could say 'let them do their thing, it all sounds so crazy that they won't actually believe it', which basically is true for most of the things you see on the shows...

If you really think about it, it's either one, really, REALLY big cover-up or it's all a really big hoax that has gone way too far (possibly further than they wanted it to go)...

Last edited by WaxWeazle; 3 Weeks Ago at 13:39.

Apprentice
    Items Dragon Ball ZDr. DreBruce Lee
    They're out there fo' sure. Seeing the architecture and technology that our ancestors built is both fascinating and thought provoking. The Greeks had a computer of sorts which was discovered not so long a go and I can't fathom how they created it. The underwater cities that get discovered which are older than what people thought civilisations like cities where. Its crazy, who knows. Maybe we just got some smartass ancestors. Whether they came here, where here or out there we won't know for sure for a long time.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Has to be!

If you know how many stars and how old the universe is there has to be planets out there with life on it. For all we know we could be too late for our quadrant of space tho, aliens on other planets might have died out already.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    kipkebab92
    Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    Has to be!

If you know how many stars and how old the universe is there has to be planets out there with life on it. For all we know we could be too late for our quadrant of space tho, aliens on other planets might have died out already.
    While I definitely agree there isn't any way that we're alone in this vast nothingness of space, I don't think it's a possibility that they've died out already. There could be SOME of them that did, but definitely not all of them. It'd eventually come back to the point where it would mean we'd be 'the only ones out there' which seems impossible, seeing how big 'space' is.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    I am thinking only in our milkyway, or even just our side of the milkyway.
    The universe is so big that light from the furthest edges hasn't reached us yet to visibly see it.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    i have seen something which altered my perception of whats possible. happened along time ago, but as clear today as it was then. i believe in other forms of life over a god...

sent from my galaxy note 4

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    kipkebab92
    Quote Originally Posted by jj03 View Post
    i have seen something which altered my perception of whats possible. happened along time ago, but as clear today as it was then. i believe in other forms of life over a god...
    Care to explain what you saw? Really curious!

I once saw a weird thing flying over open lands when sitting on the backseat of my parents' car quite a few years ago...
    I saw lots of planes and choppers fly by (as we live nearby a base where there's flying activity going on) but I've never saw that sort of thing.. It was evening, but not dark. I'm not sure what I saw, but I'm quite sure it wasn't a plane or a helicopter.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Here is how I see it.

We can not be the only life form in the Universe. There is just no way.

I do not think any other life form has ever reached Earth. Think about it. Who spend all the time and resources to make it to another planet, and not try to make contact? It makes no sense.

I do not think any other life form has ever made it to Earth.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    kipkebab92
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal View Post
    Here is how I see it.

We can not be the only life form in the Universe. There is just no way.
    I do not think any other life form has ever reached Earth. Think about it. Who spend all the time and resources to make it to another planet, and not try to make contact? It makes no sense.
    I do not think any other life form has ever made it to Earth.
    I understand, but think about it the other way around.
    If we would find a planet with life (alike us, not just bacteria (which is technically also seen as life)), would it be a good move to just land and be like 'o hi we're from earth'? We don't know what or who they are, what they do, what they act like or anything else about them so if we'd want to find that out, we'd have to 'spy' on them to find out. All those UFO sightings could be the 'spies' having a lookout on what/who we are and what we do and such.

Nonetheless, I honestly think that if they really would get here (with the time and resources put into it) that they definitely made contact but it's kept back from the public so there's no fear or what-u-call-it (can't find the name.. Outbreak? No that's not it... Dammit).

Also, if they don't hide anything from us (concerning UFO's/Aliens) why would they be so secretive about Area51? Come near it and they'd be ready to kill you just to make sure nothing of information gets out there... Must be an actual proper reason for that and not just 'we're making a new stealth plane, pew pew!'.

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    There are most likely other forms of life outside our planet and/or solar system that we clearly don't know anything about. Within our life time, I doubt we will discover much, unless other forms of life have already come to this planet to help us build a technology foundation or at least help us move in that direction.
    PSN ID: Intense_Peanut

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    I understand, but think about it the other way around.
    If we would find a planet with life (alike us, not just bacteria (which is technically also seen as life)), would it be a good move to just land and be like 'o hi we're from earth'?
    We would immediately try to make contact though. Not spend the next 40 years popping in and out.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    kipkebab92
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal View Post
    We would immediately try to make contact though. Not spend the next 40 years popping in and out.
    Agreed on that, sadly enough, but I don't think it'd be a good move...

Super Moderator
    I think I'd be terrified if I looked up at the sky one day and saw a large alien spacecraft hovering above us. I mean, I think in most cases, an alien race would want to avoid conflict but if they're the planet-conquering type, they could have some nightmarish bombs and chemicals on board.

[OT] Dragon Quest Heroes

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    I have purchased several sizes $#@!s and Aneros products in preparation for their anus probes on me. I am ready. My anus is ready. Have at it, ALIENS!

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    i saw a alien once he ask me where was the closest taco bell was, i told him down the street then turn right

22. Likes Lebowski likes this post
    Y'all have it ...All WRONG

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    The entire universe is alien in it's own right...
    PSN ID: Intense_Peanut

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    kipkebab92
    I think I'd be terrified if I looked up at the sky one day and saw a large alien spacecraft hovering above us. I mean, I think in most cases, an alien race would want to avoid conflict but if they're the planet-conquering type, they could have some nightmarish bombs and chemicals on board.
    Same here.
    i'd be frightened but at the same time impressed to see something of such technology that's not from this world.

Am having a look as well now on more series/documentaries.

Also remembered a series about Aliens, but personally I don't like this one, they show how it'd be in an alien invasion or something alike that, less documentary like in my eyes, thus not interesting either..
    Alien Encounters

El Presidente
    I would be terrified is some alien species landed here on Earth. I don't believe any species gets to the point of being that advanced without being dominating and exploitative.
    Last edited by Brandon; 3 Weeks Ago at 19:05.

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Thread Information