HDD problems. Please Help!

Okay, so ive got 2 ps3s, a slim(120gb) and a super slim(250gb). I was going to keep the slim but put the hard drive from the super slim into it first. I did that and now neither hard drives are working.
    I've gone on my computer and reformatted them (made sure they were fat32) and i put in the update files but it never recognizes the files or the hard drive. i keep getting "No Applicable update data was found. Connect storage media that contains update data of version 4.66 or later, and then press the START and SELECT buttons at the same time"
    When i do that though it says checking and sends me back to the same screen.
    Please help me out! i only bought these PS3s recently and feel as if ive wasted my money.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Did you put the update into the correct folders?

The folders should go:
    PS3 > UPDATE > Update.pup (i think thats what the file is called?)

Note: The letter case matters. The files need to be named in upper case [All CAPS].
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

yup. i followed the tutorial on the sony site.
    PS3 > UPDATE > PS3UPDAT.PUP
    ss (2015-01-08 at 06.10.19).png

Also, both hard drives are doing the same thing on both playstations
    Last edited by Vyse; 01-07-2015 at 19:53. Reason: Merging.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Did you put the PS3 file inside antoher file?
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Nope just inside the hard drive

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Are the update files on the Hard drive you're putting into the PS3?
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Yes. Both hard drives just have the PS3 folder with UPDATE and then PS3UPDAT.PUP and neither work in either ps3

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Ah, The update files shouldn't be on the hard drive

Put them onto a thumb drive/Penn drive/Flash drive/ USB stick (really too many names for that thing).

Just find an old usb stick that can fit the update, copy the structure, and plug it into one of the usb slots. Power on the PS3 and then follow the on-screen instructions.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

so do i just delete everything inside the PS3 hard drive?

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Nah, the PS3 will just format the drive once it's found the firmware on the thumb drive.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Okay, ill try it out now and ill get back to you!

Okay, it said Error 8002F225, the data is corrupted.
    But i just downloaded the update and it shouldnt be?
    Last edited by Vyse; 01-07-2015 at 19:52. Reason: Merging.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Try putting the Hard drives back into their original PS3 and see if they'll update.

I recall a bug like this years ago...don't know if it's the same thing.

If that doesn't work, try doing booting into safe mode.

Activating Safe Mode

1: Turn off the PlayStation 3 by holding the Power button on the front of the unit till the Power light is red.

2: Touch and hold the Power button (do not remove your finger from the button). You will hear the first beep, meaning the PlayStation 3 is powering on.
    Continue to hold the Power button and after about 5 seconds, you will hear a second beep, indicating the video reset.
    Continue to hold the Power button and after about another 5 seconds you will hear a third beep and the system will power off (Power light is red).

3: Touch and hold the Power button (again, do not remove your finger from the button). As in Step 2, you will hear the first beep, again for the PlayStation 3 to power on.
    Continue to hold the Power button and after about 5 seconds, you will hear a second beep for video reset.
    Continue to hold the Power button and after about another 5 seconds you will hear a quick double beep. At that point release the Power button. If you succeeded in activating Safe Mode, you will see a message on the screen saying, "Connect the controller using a USB cable and then press the PS button."
    Last edited by Vyse; 01-07-2015 at 19:51. Reason: Merging.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Original hard drive inside ps3 slim and still giving me same thing. Data Corrupted :/

i already tried system update whilst in safe mode and it gave the exact same error

Okay, i tried with a new USB and its currently formatting.
    But does this mean that the 120gb hdd is only compatible with the slim and the 250gb is only compatible with the super slim?
    Last edited by TaZZa1011; 01-07-2015 at 20:05. Reason: Merging.

Master Guru
    I've never had any issues like that with the PS3's hard drive. Sorry if this didn't help you. Just my two cents on it.

delete partition on your ps3 discs (don't format) leave it blank, and try again. sorry for my bad english

connect ps3 drive to the pc and delete partition. not formatting it. then put it to console and flash firmware from usb mass storage. works with me
    Last edited by Fijiandoce; 02-13-2015 at 23:47.

Thread Information