PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron

Resident Evil 1.5 - what it is, how to download etc

Well, with Resident Evil HD Remaster on the horizon I decided to delve back into the history of one of my favourite games (its sequel, Resi 2) and undoubtedly came across what could have been in the form of the now-aptly dubbed 'Resident Evil 1.5', the original Resident Evil 2 which was scrapped when it was around 75% complete. Gamers have petitioned for years to gain access to the canned game, and just over two years ago their prayers were, in part, answered when it was leaked onto the web. Upon this happening, a band of passionate gamers decided to take it upon themselves and finish the development of the game, staying as true as possible to the material at hand. It's been a slow process, presumably in part due to the fact that this isn't for monetary gain, these guys are doing it with their free time, etc. Anyway, after a time, some internal drama transpired that resulted in the game being released to the general public, in a still frankly, messy state. Still, it's better than nothing - especially for those, like me, who were dying to play after seeing so much about it back in the '90s.

Plus, it's still being updated and patched.

If you want to play it, you'll need an emulator - I suggest ePSXe. Here's a handy tutorial to get the program up to scratch with plug-ins, etc.

Here's the game in its current state.

Once ePSXe is open, click on the top-left and 'run ISO' - and there you have it!

Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

Master Guru
    I don't even know what to make of this. I'm a big RE fan and had no idea this even existed.. Guess i should hand in my fan card now.

Though by the lack of replies it looks like i'm not alone..

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    There's a core base of fans that petitioned for its release over the years, and it was pretty widely talked-about back in the late '90s. :/ But yeah, it's certainly a niche sort of thing and not everyone would know about it. And for good reason too, it's not very playable, it's more just a glimpse of what could have been. :3

Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

Thread Information