View Poll Results: Did you own both the PS3 and the 360 at the same time?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I have owned them both at the same time.

    21 80.77%
  • I have not owned them both at the same time. If any at all.

    5 19.23%
Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 36
  1. #1
    Super Moderator
    Lethal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Kansas City
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Age
    34
    Posts
    12,113
    Rep Power
    151
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder

    How many of you owned both the PS3 and the 360 at the same time?

    I am curious to see how many members owned both the Xbox 360 and the PS3 at the same time.

    I forgot to include an option. So please choose the first option if this question applies to you.

    *Have you owned a PS3 or 360, then sold it to buy a 360 or PS3?
    Last edited by Lethal; 01-17-2015 at 20:02.

  2. #2
    PSU Trophy Manager
    Fenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,664
    Rep Power
    96
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Yeah I owned them both at the same time. Though I got the 360 about a year or so after I got the PS3, and it was really only used for exclusives.

    Sig&Av by Kuro

    Preorders:
    Witcher3Batman:AKUncharted4

    PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

  3. #3
    Community and Technical Manager
    Christopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    PSN ID
    Cand3Js
    Age
    44
    Posts
    9,370
    Rep Power
    120
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    *raises hand*








  4. #4
    Super Moderator
    Lethal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Kansas City
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Age
    34
    Posts
    12,113
    Rep Power
    151
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    I made this poll as a little experiment. I figure there are more multi console owners out there than single console owners. And this is based off a generations life span. This shows how both Xbox and Playstation eventually end up selling the same amount of consoles in the end.

    I could have added the following question to the poll.

    Have you owned a ps3/360, then sold it to buy a PS3 or 360?

    That also would have helped with the stats.

  5. #5
    Forum Sage
    MjW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Age
    33
    Posts
    7,603
    Rep Power
    102
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Both. Now none.

    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

  6. #6
    Media Content Manager
    WaxWeazle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Belgium
    PSN ID
    kipkebab92
    Age
    22
    Posts
    2,255
    Rep Power
    20
    Only got myself a PS3 because there's no actual interesting exclusives on Xbox for me

  7. #7
    Apprentice
    Vichael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    PSN ID
    Vichael
    Age
    22
    Posts
    338
    Rep Power
    27
    Items The Beatles
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    Yeah I owned them both at the same time. Though I got the 360 about a year or so after I got the PS3, and it was really only used for exclusives.
    Same here, though I waited maybe 2-3 years to buy my 360.

  8. #8
    Super Elite
    MacP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Essex, England.
    Posts
    2,418
    Rep Power
    64
    I owned both but I only bought the 360 because it was on a sale 99 for the core version but ended up selling it because it seemed silly buying different games for different consoles
    Sent from my computer using keyboard.

  9. #9
    Administrator
    Fijiandoce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pacific Isles of Doceness
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Posts
    5,050
    Rep Power
    98
    Owned both PS3 and 360 at the same time....didn't use the 360 much outside gears though, so gave it to family. Should still be in a box in Fiji somewhere.

    I haven't seen my 360 in ages though! Next time i go back im asking for it! xD
    Sig courtesy of the_jim


  10. #10
    Forum Guru
    -Dj-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,848
    Rep Power
    77
    i got a 360 played it for like 2hours and it dead



  11. #11
    Super Elite
    K2D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,420
    Rep Power
    76
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    I got to play all the heavy 360-hitters through a friend of mine, so I never opted into buying what I perceived as of then, and I still kind of do, the "first person shooter/Forza- box". So only the the PS3.





  12. #12
    The Dawkness!
    Naxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    UK
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Age
    24
    Posts
    9,967
    Rep Power
    109
    I got both. We aren't really representative of the general population, and it will be a very small sample size.

    My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

  13. Likes sainraja likes this post
  14. #13
    Forum Overseer
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    39,464
    Rep Power
    249
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I own a 360, PS3, and Wii. Along with the PSP/Vita, DSi/Lite/3ds/3dsxl.

    This console gen, I have Wii U, PS4, Xbox One.




  15. #14
    Super Moderator
    Lethal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Kansas City
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Age
    34
    Posts
    12,113
    Rep Power
    151
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxi View Post
    I got both. We aren't really representative of the general population, and it will be a very small sample size.
    It is a sample of gamers and if they owned both consoles at some point. And seeing how this is a Playstation forum, the results are exactly what I expected. People usually start off with one console, then eventually end up buying the other.

    This shows how one console can take an early lead in sales, but towards the end of the generation cycle, both consoles end up selling nearly the same.

  16. #15
    The Dawkness!
    Naxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    UK
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Age
    24
    Posts
    9,967
    Rep Power
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal View Post
    It is a sample of gamers and if they owned both consoles at some point. And seeing how this is a Playstation forum, the results are exactly what I expected. People usually start off with one console, then eventually end up buying the other.

    This shows how one console can take an early lead in sales, but towards the end of the generation cycle, both consoles end up selling nearly the same.
    But we are enthusiasts, the average gamer doesn't go to forums and I doubt own multiple consoles.

    My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

  17. Likes sainraja , Yungstar 2006 likes this post
  18. #16
    Super Moderator
    Lethal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Kansas City
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Age
    34
    Posts
    12,113
    Rep Power
    151
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxi View Post
    But we are enthusiasts, the average gamer doesn't go to forums and I doubt own multiple consoles.
    Last generation proves that most gamers end up owning both consoles. You are assuming the average gamer does not go to forums. There is no way you could know if they do or don't.

    The point is that there are more gamers out there that end up owning both consoles at some point, than those only owning a single console for the entire life of that generation. Which results in both consoles ending up with close to the same amount of sales in the end.

    It will happen again this generation.

  19. #17
    The Dawkness!
    Naxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    UK
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Age
    24
    Posts
    9,967
    Rep Power
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal View Post
    Last generation proves that most gamers end up owning both consoles. You are assuming the average gamer does not go to forums. There is no way you could know if they do or don't.

    The point is that there are more gamers out there that end up owning both consoles at some point, than those only owning a single console for the entire life of that generation. Which results in both consoles ending up with close to the same amount of sales in the end.

    It will happen again this generation.
    No forum has anywhere near that much activity.

    Last gen proves that? Based on what? Sales across regions aren't that evenly distributed. There are possibly more Wii+ps3/360 owners. If your premise of last gen is true, that means the console market has shrunk, which is not true.

    My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

  20. Likes sainraja likes this post
  21. #18
    Super Moderator
    Lethal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Kansas City
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Age
    34
    Posts
    12,113
    Rep Power
    151
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxi View Post
    No forum has anywhere near that much activity.

    Last gen proves that? Based on what? Sales across regions aren't that evenly distributed. There are possibly more Wii+ps3/360 owners. If your premise of last gen is true, that means the console market has shrunk, which is not true.
    First, you do not even know all of the gaming forums out there.

    2nd, this is only about Sony and Microsoft.

    3rd, this test is a great example as the results are showing my theory to be correct. Gamers are more likely to own both consoles at some point during the generation cycle. Thus evening out the consoles sales towards the end.

  22. #19
    The Dawkness!
    Naxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    UK
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Age
    24
    Posts
    9,967
    Rep Power
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal View Post
    First, you do not even know all of the gaming forums out there.

    2nd, this is only about Sony and Microsoft.

    3rd, this test is a great example as the results are showing my theory to be correct. Gamers are more likely to own both consoles at some point during the generation cycle. Thus evening out the consoles sales towards the end.
    I don't need to know every forum, I just need to go look at the most popular ones. We are enthusiasts. Do you think most people go to book forums, movie forums?

    A sample size of 13 is very very weak, especially a sample size from a gaming forum.

    My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

  23. Likes sainraja , Yungstar 2006 likes this post
  24. #20
    Super Carlton
    33x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    SW London
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Age
    34
    Posts
    13,964
    Rep Power
    109
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    i did and my 360 was my console of choice, heck i even sold my ps3 twice!

    Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

  25. #21
    Super Moderator
    Lethal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Kansas City
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Age
    34
    Posts
    12,113
    Rep Power
    151
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxi View Post
    I don't need to know every forum, I just need to go look at the most popular ones. We are enthusiasts. Do you think most people go to book forums, movie forums?

    A sample size of 13 is very very weak, especially a sample size from a gaming forum.
    You do not need to agree. But I think I am correct with my hypothesis.

    The majority of Sony and Microsoft gamers are more than just casual gamers. Casual gamers are more likely to spend $250 on a Nintendo product than $400 on a Sony or Microsoft product.

  26. #22
    Ultimate Veteran
    Ixion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Age
    25
    Posts
    20,022
    Rep Power
    167
    Had both a PS3 and 360, but my 360 got the RROD twice. Second time was past the warranty. So I said $#@! it, and just threw it away around 2010.

  27. Likes Lethal likes this post
  28. #23
    Forum Overseer
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    39,464
    Rep Power
    249
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal View Post
    You do not need to agree. But I think I am correct with my hypothesis.

    The majority of Sony and Microsoft gamers are more than just casual gamers. Casual gamers are more likely to spend $250 on a Nintendo product than $400 on a Sony or Microsoft product.
    There's enough data available to assume the exact opposite. Point being, you don't really have any real data beyond the 15 members of a game forum to base anything on.

    Hardcore, casual, whatever, doesn't dictate community membership numbers. Out of all the people I know personally, outside of these forums, that are console gamers, I'm the only one that frequents forums.

    Look at the member base of Gaf. Only 147,606 members.

    The last generation doesn't show that there are more gamers out there that end up owning both consoles at some point, than those only owning a single console for the entire life of that generation.




  29. #24
    Super Moderator
    Lethal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Kansas City
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Age
    34
    Posts
    12,113
    Rep Power
    151
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    There's enough data available to assume the exact opposite. Point being, you don't really have any real data beyond the 15 members of a game forum to base anything on.

    Hardcore, casual, whatever, doesn't dictate community membership numbers. Out of all the people I know personally, outside of these forums, that are console gamers, I'm the only one that frequents forums.

    Look at the member base of Gaf. Only 147,606 members.

    The last generation doesn't show that there are more gamers out there that end up owning both consoles at some point, than those only owning a single console for the entire life of that generation.

    I do not care about the forums. My hypothesis is that there are more gamers out there that end up owning both consoles at some point during the generations life cycle. And this will result in another very close race at the end. One company starts off strong, but they will end up virtually tied. And this only in reference to MS and Sony.

  30. #25
    The Dawkness!
    Naxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    UK
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Age
    24
    Posts
    9,967
    Rep Power
    109
    Your only basis is that the total numbers are similar, yet the regional distribution isn't. Almost all ps3 owners would have had to own a 360 in the US alone to be the majority. Yet gamers in Japan wouldn't have any ps3/360 owners.

    What makes last generation different? It was a generation with less platform exlusives and dominant multiplatform titles.

    My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.