Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder

New 3DS does not come with a charger?

What kind of busted ass thinking is this? Nintendo is releasing a new handheld device without a charger? They are just assuming everyone and their moms already own some sort of DS so you can use an old charger?

I just have to say one thing. Nintendo.......what the $#@! is wrong with you?

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    kipkebab92
    They already did this with the previous 3DS XL.
    When I bought mine, the guy in the store asked me if I had a charger laying around. I told'm I had one from a NDSLite, but he said those don't work, so I had to buy a new one.
    While I love my 3DS, I have no friggin clue what the HELL Nintendo is thinking in not including a charger...

Battlelog: MrUltraah | PSN: kipkebab92 | Steam: ultraah | Xfire: dahultrapro

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Quote Originally Posted by WaxWeazle View Post
    They already did this with the previous 3DS XL.
    When I bought mine, the guy in the store asked me if I had a charger laying around. I told'm I had one from a NDSLite, but he said those don't work, so I had to buy a new one.
    While I love my 3DS, I have no friggin clue what the HELL Nintendo is thinking in not including a charger...
    Ya thats messed up. I had no idea they have done this before.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    They sell a portable device with a built in battery and it comes with no charger? That's weird.

Do they at least ship it a USB charging cable?

~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Here ya go:
    "Rather than raise cost of New Nintendo 3DS XL by charging consumers for a component they may already own, we are giving them the option to only buy if they need an AC adapter," a Nintendo representative told Polygon. The spokesperson noted that the New 3DS XL is compatible with the same AC adapter used by all 2DS, 3DS, 3DS XL, DSi and DSi XL devices.
    http://www.polygon.com/2015/1/14/754...apter-warranty

Keeping the cost down for those that have a charger already.

Quote Originally Posted by MjW View Post
    They sell a portable device with a built in battery and it comes with no charger? That's weird.

Do they at least ship it a USB charging cable?
    No.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Cut the cost down? I still have to buy a damn charger. So what the hell is the point lol

That is like selling me a car with no tires.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    So $9.99 for the charger.

Next $2.99 for the stylus.

~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal View Post
    Cut the cost down? I still have to buy a damn charger. So what the hell is the point lol

That is like selling me a car with no tires.
    This is your first 3ds? If that's the case, then you get the price of what they are hinting at it would be if the charger was included. Sorry. You can't complain about a $10 charger when you spend $400 on an extra PS4 lol.

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    The thing is this wouldn't be a problem with the USB charging lead was, you know, not proprietary! All it is is a standard 5V connector that is standard in all electronics worldwide in every device, so why on earth is Nintendo making a proprietary connector just for charging? Ridiculous.

My nephew also got a new 3DSXL the other day and he had to purchase a new charger because his older 3DS didn't have the same connector, it's only the DS models after the 2DS that have the same charger connector. And if you think about it when you upgrade your DS you will most likely pass on your DS to someone else meaning that you probably wouldn't have your charger in the first place.

Nice thinking Nintendo, now just use a standard power input and then people wouldn't have this problem.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by Varsh View Post
    The thing is this wouldn't be a problem with the USB charging lead was, you know, not proprietary! All it is is a standard 5V connector that is standard in all electronics worldwide in every device, so why on earth is Nintendo making a proprietary connector just for charging? Ridiculous.

My nephew also got a new 3DSXL the other day and he had to purchase a new charger because his older 3DS didn't have the same connector, it's only the DS models after the 2DS that have the same charger connector. And if you think about it when you upgrade your DS you will most likely pass on your DS to someone else meaning that you probably wouldn't have your charger in the first place.

Nice thinking Nintendo, now just use a standard power input and then people wouldn't have this problem.
    Must be different for you being across the pond. The original 3ds charger works just fine for all the other 3ds and 3ds xl models we have. The Zelda and Pokemon 3dsxl's.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    This is your first 3ds? If that's the case, then you get the price of what they are hinting at it would be if the charger was included. Sorry. You can't complain about a $10 charger when you spend $400 on an extra PS4 lol.
    Money is clearly not the issue here. They use a proprietary charger for their device. This is not something people just have laying around their home.

Even smart phones all come with a damn charger. And everyone has 2-3 extra chargers laying around. And yet we still get the charger that we are supposed to get when buying something that requires a charge.

I guess a better example would be buying a car without an alternator. You just spent $15,000 on the car, don't cry about having to spend a measly $150 on a alternator for your car.
    Last edited by Lethal; 01-18-2015 at 15:51.

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Must be different for you being across the pond. The original 3ds charger works just fine for all the other 3ds and 3ds xl models we have. The Zelda and Pokemon 3dsxl's.
    Possibly, even so there's no need to have something like this proprietary.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Money is clearly not the issue here. They use a proprietary charger for their device. This is not something people just have laying around their home.

Even smart phones all come with a damn charger. And everyone has 2-3 extra chargers laying around. And yet we still get the charger that we are supposed to get when buying something that requires a charge.

I guess a better example would be buying a car without an alternator. You just spent $15,000 on the car, don't cry about having to spend a measly $150 on a alternator for your car.
    It's not a better analogy at all. Don't like it, don't buy it. Easy. You know ahead of time what you are getting for what price, and what else you'll need to get. It would be a proper complaint if you bought it and didn't have an idea that it wouldn't come with a charger. Hell, it's going to be on the box that a charger is not included. Would it be better if the charger was included and the price was $209.00?
    Possibly, even so there's no need to have something like this proprietary.
    Oh I agree 100%. I dislike proprietary stuff, period.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    It's not a better analogy at all. Don't like it, don't buy it. Easy. You know ahead of time what you are getting for what price, and what else you'll need to get.

Actually I did not know until I already paid for mine on Ebay. And I would rather just pay the $210 for the device with a charger instead of having to purchase one separately. And there will be many people who do not know this until they get their New 3DS and open it to so no damn charger.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Actually I did not know until I already paid for mine on Ebay. And I would rather just pay the $210 for the device with a charger instead of having to purchase one separately. And there will be many people who do not know this until they get their New 3DS and open it to so no damn charger.
    Rule of buying stuff. Know what you're getting before you buy it. That's just common sense.
    Anyone that buys a new 3ds and doesn't know it doesn't come with a charger can only blame themselves.

Can you PM or post a link to the ebay page you bought it from?

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Rule of buying stuff. Know what you're getting before you buy it. That's just common sense.
    Anyone that buys a new 3ds and doesn't know it doesn't come with a charger can only blame themselves.

Can you PM or post a link to the ebay page you bought it from?
    Common sense is to include a charger for something that requires a charge.

Here is a link to one of them I bought.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251793299877...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Common sense is to include a charger for something that requires a charge.

Here is a link to one of them I bought.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251793299877...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    That isn't common sense. Common sense would mean that something that requires charging has one available. You can still buy one, so you're golden.

Have you ever bought anything that required batteries, but tells you on the box that the batteries aren't included? Yeah.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    That isn't common sense. Common sense would mean that something that requires charging has one available. You can still buy one, so you're golden.

Have you ever bought anything that required batteries, but tells you on the box that the batteries aren't included? Yeah.
    Really? I see you could not find anywhere in my link where it says there is no charger included.

Common sense is to include a damn charger with a device that requires a charge. And it takes more common sense to understand that lol

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Not only that, can you remember a time when a device that required charging that didn't have a charger included in the package?

Superior Member
    So they are essentially selling something which is not fit for purpose until you purchase a separate required accessory.

It's like going back to before the early 90's when electronic devices generally didn't have a fitted plug!!

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Not only that, can you remember a time when a device that required charging that didn't have a charger included in the package?
    I sure can't

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Really? I see you could not find anywhere in my link where it says there is no charger included.

Common sense is to include a damn charger with a device that requires a charge. And it takes more common sense to understand that lol
    A third party isn't responsible for what Nintendo includes, or doesn't include, in the package. The link you shared tells you exactly what you get. I would have mentioned it in the listing about the charger, but YOU are responsible for researching products that YOU buy.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    A third party isn't responsible for what Nintendo includes, or doesn't include, in the package. The link you shared tells you exactly what you get. I would have mentioned it in the listing about the charger, but YOU are responsible for researching products that YOU buy.
    I don't care if I am responsible for needing to research anything before buying. That does not make Nintendo's decision any less retarded.

The entire point of this thread is to show how stupid it is to release a device that needs to be charged, and not include a charger.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Yes, it's pretty stupid.

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    I've just been watching the WAN show and low and behold look what popped up:

Skip to 32 minutes.

26. Likes Lethal likes this post

Thread Information