Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from Metal King SlimeColeBattlefield 3

MY PS4 can't play games!

I was playing Dying Light and all of the sudden, the disc got ejected by itself and I hear a noise coming from the blue ray drive and I have tried to insert the disc back but it won't go in. Should I contact Sony? Its the white PS4 that it came out with with Destiny bundle.

CPU: I7 3820-GPU: Asus Gtx 980 4GB-Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79-HDD: Seagate 2TB-CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X-TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000-PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD-PS3 Slim 750GB-PS VITA 32GB.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Does it make a noise like it's trying to eject something? If so, here are some links. The first is from Reddit and though this user stated it worked, the issue came back a week later and had to call Sony for a replacement (they ship a box, you send the PS4 in the box, and they send you another one).

This was happening to me too. I called sony and here is what they had me do.
    turn OFF the system (not sleep mode) and unplug the power cord.
    Plug the power cord back and in push and hold the power button until you hear the second beep. This puts it into SAFE MODE.
    Choose option 5 (Rebuild the database - i think).
    Another is from the Playstation support site about manually ejecting a stuck disc, but it has worked for others where their disc wouldn't go back in.

A user on the Playstation forums posted about turning on the PS4, unplugging the power cord and then press the power button until it beeps, then plug it back in. I assume this is to completely power it down, others on there mentioned it fixed it for them.

Personally, I would contact Sony. The two easiest methods I posted had the same thing in common, the issue came back later. It's possible this issue comes back later, when the system is out of warranty. Their turnaround should be quick and it'll be better than wondering if today is the day your PS4 stops taking discs again.

3. Likes Christopher likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Thanks for your help. Now, my PS4 keeps beeping while its off. lol

I will try to do the as the poster did.
    Last edited by Syphon_Filter; 4 Weeks Ago at 06:31. Reason: Merging.

CPU: I7 3820-GPU: Asus Gtx 980 4GB-Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79-HDD: Seagate 2TB-CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X-TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000-PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD-PS3 Slim 750GB-PS VITA 32GB.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    That would weird me out, haha. Looking around it seems to be a problem right alongside the eject one. Here's a link that goes a little more into detail about the unplugging of the power cord. It was also mentioned on a few of those sites that the little rubber foot near the eject button may interfere with the button and you may need to remove/adjust the rubber footing.

Hope everything gets sorted.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Quote Originally Posted by ttech10 View Post
    That would weird me out, haha. Looking around it seems to be a problem right alongside the eject one. Here's a link that goes a little more into detail about the unplugging of the power cord. It was also mentioned on a few of those sites that the little rubber foot near the eject button may interfere with the button and you may need to remove/adjust the rubber footing.

Hope everything gets sorted.
    Thanks for your help. I did unplug thing and so far it seemed to be ok and I only heard beeping one time and its gone. I won't open the PS4 as if it will happen one more time. I will send it to Sony to fix their dam system.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    My old PS4 did this every once in a while. As mentioned above, you will need to go in to safe mode. You will want to download the PS4 firmware to a USB stick and re-install the firmware to the PS4 while in safe mode.

This will fix the issue.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Yea, I probably wouldn't open it either. Especially not so early in the life of the system. Glad it looks to be fixed, hopefully the issue doesn't creep back up.

Master Guru
    I would contact Sony if it happens again. You just got it so there isn't much sense in opening it up and voiding the warranty.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    I found the solution guys. My both PS4 systems were placed vertical and not horizontal. After I placed them horizontal and no problem has occurred.

I had the same problem, but after updating the software its resolved.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon_Filter View Post
    I found the solution guys. My both PS4 systems were placed vertical and not horizontal. After I placed them horizontal and no problem has occurred.
    Doubt that was the issue. It was just coincidence as my PS4 would sometimes fix itself as well. Next time this happens, and it will. You will want to re-install the firmware through Safe Mode. Again, this is only a temporary fix as well. I ended up selling mine for a new PS4 because this happened like 4 times within the first 6 months.

I believe the problem lies within the Blu-Ray drive. Something gets corrupted in it's firmware over time. I think Sony fixed this problem with their new consoles.

Thread Information