Master Sage

Ghostbusters Cast Announced (Kill it with fire)

What an embarrassment this is going to be.
    This is a massive disservice to the entire franchise.
    Calling Korea, we need this movie stopped.

Director Paul Feig has announced the cast in early talks for the "Ghostbusters" reboot at Sony Pictures which he's set to direct.

Feig used Twitter to reveal that "Bridesmaids" co-stars Kristen Wiig and Melissa McCarthy will lead the group which will also include "Saturday Night Live" cast mates Leslie Jones and Kate McKinnon.

It's a complete reboot so the previous characters don't exist in this world, but cameos from actors Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Ernie Hudson and Sigourney Weaver aren't out of the question. The main male role in the film has yet to be cast.

Hitfix has character breakdowns for the film with the leads being an academic on the tenure track at Columbia, an author who is more into the "pop parapsychology" of things, said author's ghost hunting partner, and an MTA employee who comes across the main ghost.

Other characters include a creepy mechanical genius, and a professional debunker of the supernatural - the role that Murray is wanted for. Filming is slated to kick off this summer in New York City.
    http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/355...-cast-unveiled

Master Sage
    Items User name style

3. Likes MajorCynik likes this post
    Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    I'll give it shot. At least you guys didn't hear about having Chris Pratt for an Indiana Jones reboot...yes, A REBOOT. WTF

3DS: 4613-6960-4293

Elite Member
    Its like somebody threw a pile of $#@! in ya face!! but seriously what the f*** is this?

high heels, jumpsuit, an a pile of slime! doesn't sound suited!! with obnoxious jokes MEH! sounds really horrible.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    M4jorCyn1k
    I'm not sure why anyone would have a problem with this. I mean, it's clear to me this will bring the age old trade of 'Ghostbusting' into the 21st century and also show us all how women are just as capable as men when it comes to filling the void of desperation the movie industry is feeling over the past few years by producing $#@!e movie after $#@!e movie. I'll be watching it for sure, when i've gone deaf, blind and cannot even go to the toilet without a helping hand. After all, why would you NOT want to see this film?

Gaming since 1982. Thanks Clive.
    Twitterings: @p0s0r

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Burgiccuda
    I'm a huge fan of the series (seriously, it's almost disturbing) and I'm willing to remain cautiously optimistic. The only casting that really upsets me is Melissa McCarthy, but that's just personal preference. She seems awfully one-note to me, and it's not a note I care for.

Leslie Jones and McKinnon are kind of head scratchers. I enjoy them on SNL, but McKinnon's strength is her impressions and wacky characters while Jones seems to know only one way to read her lines- loudly.

I enjoyed Bridesmaids but abhorred The Heat. Hopefully third time is a charm?
    For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Who got $#@! slapped by a female to make this happen? Sad day, not even 1 guy? Thats messed up.

Looks like I'll never see this film now.
    Last edited by mickice; 2 Days Ago at 23:40.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    kipkebab92
    I... I was happy when I read that there was a new Ghostbusters movie incoming but from the moment I saw 'female cast' I felt behh...

With all do respect to females, if I want to see a new Ghostbusters movie, it'd have to be with the original cast OR at least something SIMILAR, but not randomly like POOF they're women now!
    I'll probably watch it, but I have low expectations...

Battlelog: MrUltraah | PSN: kipkebab92 | Steam: ultraah | Xfire: dahultrapro

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Kirsten Wig is the only one who'll carry this movie. But this is a baaaaaaaad idea. Inb4 omgz u r misogynistic! waaah waaah waaah

Go back to tumblr or Jezebel to complain.

11. Likes PS4freak likes this post
    Elite Member
    anyone know the budget for this film!? ill be assuming near $30m mark an get nowhere near that back, ill be surprised it'll make even half that back or even half at all, in my eyes it'll flop unless this doesn't show up to be as good as it suppose to be an with so many not fans of Melissa that could stop ppl going to see it!

maybe there will be alot of illegal downloads rather than paying to watch the movie that's how I see it going tbh!

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    I think it could easily make that back just because of Kirsten Wig. Her, I like and find funny. That chick from Tammy had her 15 minutes in Bridesmaids, but then her solo movies kept flopping. The name of Ghostbusters alone will get back its budget within the week...but I don't see it being a massive blockbuster success, so just enough to pay back the budget and that's it. Unless it's actually good and surprises everyone. I wanna at least see Bill Murray in this or one of the original cast members. You have to do it justice for the injustice of making it all female.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post
    I think it could easily make that back just because of Kirsten Wig. Her, I like and find funny. That chick from Tammy had her 15 minutes in Bridesmaids, but then her solo movies kept flopping. The name of Ghostbusters alone will get back its budget within the week...but I don't see it being a massive blockbuster success, so just enough to pay back the budget and that's it. Unless it's actually good and surprises everyone. I wanna at least see Bill Murray in this or one of the original cast members. You have to do it justice for the injustice of making it all female.
    I understand that the name of the film will sell but will fans be questioning it when the trailer comes out? because of the cast!! re-boot means same as original or not!? same plot! don't know! a lot of things to think about an the outcome wont be pretty when we get a trailer!!

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Uhhhhhh...no.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

reaper of souls
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    you can see how it's going to turn out already...

Thread Information