Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Naughty DogFinal Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games

Need Help with Mechanical Keyboards

So I have started to look into mechanical keyboards, wondering what's "good" and if they really make a difference. Anyone have 'em? Do they completely change your life I've been using this cheapo keyboard, just curious for suggestions.

Master Sage
    Items User name style

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Oh wow, that's a great start. Thanks Jester!

Elite Sage

I used a laptop style Razer keyboard for a few years which I quite liked and was going to buy a new keyboard of the same style and I didn't like the way mechanical boards looked.
    Had to go into an electronic shop to grab something for work one day she just happened to roll my finger over a Corsair mechanical board, not sure which one but instantly something just felt right. So I played with it for probably no more than 30 seconds before I decided I was switching to mechanical.

In the end I ended up buying a Ducky Shine 3 with Cherry Red switches which I absolutely adore. Reds can take a while to get used to because it really is like a hair trigger and I found myself making frequent mistakes. I haven't tried the others so can't comment on them.

Ducky, Corsair and Filco are very good buys, if looking for quality. I'm pretty sure I could use my keyboard as a weapon because it feels that well made

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    I also swear with mechanical keyboards. I still have an ancient IBM mechanical keyboard (the original ones with a spring) and they're even nicer! Good luck finding one though, plus they're PS/2 only and I don't have that on my mobo.

I've tried out Corsair, Roccat, and Ducky and I went with Corsair for the features and the looks, it's such a pretty keyboard. <3

Just like BBK I'm using a Cherry MX Red and the 40g of pressure is just right for me (that's ultra light), 50g and above for me I find it difficult to press the keys. You really can't beat the feel of the keys. Head to a local computer store and try out several keyboards with Red, Brown, Blue, and Black switched, they'll all feel very different.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Very cool, as I'm completely new to the idea, nice to get some feedback. I think I'm going to somewhere to go check them out. It's just so weird that a keyboard could be so "different", but I appreciate the info!

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    If you want to see a really good video on why you should go for a Cherry switch over anything else thien look no further than this video:

Community and Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Scud View Post
    Very cool, as I'm completely new to the idea, nice to get some feedback. I think I'm going to somewhere to go check them out. It's just so weird that a keyboard could be so "different", but I appreciate the info!
    I bought a Corsair K70 in December which has Cherry MX Red switches. Absolutely love it. If you have a bestbuy in your area, they usually have some on display that you can try. When I went they also had out a Razer keyboard, which uses their own switches rather than Cherry MX, but they are comparable to Cherry blue switches. It was a bit too loud for me. The Corsair felt just right. Gaming with it is awesome.

Thread Information