PSU U.K. Executive Editor and Podcast Host
    Items User name styleLed ZeppelinAssassins Creed Ezio3DSDreamcastNintendo 64Vita360 SlimPS3 Fat

Resident Evil Remake vs Resident Evil 1996

Greetings all fans of survival horror,

We've put up a little article about how the Resident Evil remake (or Resi HD) measures up to the original 1996 game, and how it tops it. However, to put a spin on things, we've included a couple of ways the game fails to top the original.

http://www.psu.com/feature/25815/4-w...ways-it-fails)

In case anyone is going to aim for my head with a Shotgun, I'm a massive fan of Resi Evil, and have been since 1997; I stand by my points, even though some may be perceived as tongue-in-cheek (and it's always good to have a little fun).

Any thoughts?
    http://www.psu.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=263583&dateline=13663  69798

Selected Members Council
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Nice article, as a person who sucks at this game I like the fact that the bosses are too easy as it reduces my frustration personally but I also agree that it has lost some of it's charm by getting rid of the cheesy dialogue, but I guess they decided to try and keep up with modern times!
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

Twitch ID: http://www.twitch.tv/duffman041986/profile

PSU Direct Email: adam.duffield@psu.com

My Youtube Gaming Channel - Now with commentary: Duffman Gaming

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    When I played this back in 2002 I thought the exact same thing so you're not the only one. Having said that though I do prefer this version over the original and Director's Cut.

PSU U.K. Executive Editor and Podcast Host
    Items User name styleLed ZeppelinAssassins Creed Ezio3DSDreamcastNintendo 64Vita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    I'm glad I wasn't the only one to find the bosses were too easy; it's a shame too, as the remake is such a brilliant addition to the series.

I remember fighting the snake in the original game, it was so difficult to actually avoid his attacks, and if you weren't careful, he'd coil around you stopping you from moving. This is most noticeable when you have to grab the Moon Crest from the attic in his first encounter.
    http://www.psu.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=263583&dateline=13663  69798

Administrator and Visionary
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Biggest thing I miss are the cheesy lines, but other than that it's solid enough. I agree with the bosses too.

Sent from my GT-I9000

PSN ID
    GeorgeGianno
    I dont like to compare these games that I have them as one I love both of them and Resi 1 with Silent Hill 1 are my all time fav games.

"We can't be together forever.But with this we can become one..."

"You attacked me...I'm sorry but you're tainted now."

PSN ID
    Throndillion
    It is interesting how many people forget about the vast differences difference between RE1 and the remake, other than the graphics. I was trying to explain to my friend when we are first playing it that the whole route to go is vastly different. You can pick out elements like using the VJOLT, etc but other bits like where the Colt Pyton is totally different. The first snake in RE1 was frightfully hard given the space you had to work with. Oh and forget about auto aim!

Some comments that disappointed me were regarding the mini door cutscenes, why they are not skipable. Are you kidding me? They create massive suspense and are so iconic to the series.

I think it must have been 1997 when I first played resi 1 and never had a memory card, to get to the labs was amazing. Also getting to the end and seeing a real Jill Valentine

Also to me it wasn't a Jill Sandwich it was a 'Jibble Sandwich'

Remake is still an awesome game.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Re1 > Crows and canine zombies
    REmake > Better environments, HD A/V obviously.

From what I have played atleast.

Master Guru
    When i first played Resident Evil it was the Director's Cut. I didn't play the original version until years later and when i finally did i was like what the hell? It had different music and the game was harder at parts from what i remember.

Thread Information