Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26
  1. #1
    Master Sage
    HellsJester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Alone in the Cold
    Posts
    14,185
    Rep Power
    122
    Items User name style

    Evolve has more than $130 worth of DLC not covered by its season pass

    Turtle Rock Studios already revealed plans for Evolve's monstrous amount of downloadable content prior to the game's launch, but even that doesn't include the more than $130 worth of skins and cosmetic items up for sale.

    The game's Xbox One DLC hub spans four pages and includes 44 items that can be purchased a la carte. A quick breakdown: 24 are priced at $1.99, nine priced at $2.99, eight priced at $4.99 and three priced at $6.99 for a total of $135.56.

    None of that is included in the game's season pass or the DLC associated with it. With the $24.99 Evolve Season Pass, players gain access to three skins exclusive to the pack and four new hunters. Hunters will be available individually upon release for $7.49 each.

    The regular edition of Evolve, which includes only the game, rings in at $59.99. Players who purchase the Digital Deluxe edition for $79.99 also get access to the season pass.

    Last month, following criticism in the face of copious amounts of DLC, Turtle Rock co-founder Phil Robb said the content amounts to "options, nothing more." Turtle Rock previously said that it will release any future DLC maps and game modes for free to prevent splitting the community.
    Source - http://www.polygon.com/2015/2/11/801...buy-everything

    Speechless


  2. #2
    Elite Sage
    Fenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,719
    Rep Power
    98
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    What the hell? Didn't the game just come out this week? This is just pathetic.

    Sig&Av by Kuro

    Fallout4HorizonDeusExMDUncharted4

    PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: Feb 2008 - Jun 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: Jun 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: Nov 2013 - Present
    PSVita: Dec 2013 - Present

  3. Likes Nick_Scryer likes this post
  4. #3
    Master Sage
    Lebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bowling
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Posts
    13,803
    Rep Power
    119
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    You're either an idiot or buying this or a rich schmuck for buying this. I can understand rich people buying this garbage. I can't understand normal gamers with incomes buying this overpriced piece of $#@! that doesn't deserve a $#@!ing cent.


  5. #4
    Sonata Dusk
    Nerevar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Equestria
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,800
    Rep Power
    147
    No one should support $#@!-tier developers like this.

    The game itself isn't even that great. It's okay, I guess, for a few hours. But it has very little content to make it worth 60$. But hey, now we know why that's the case. :T

  6. #5
    Dedicated Member
    AsterPhoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,266
    Rep Power
    56
    Items Final Fantasy IVAtlus
    Even worse IGN gave this a 9 and most games they give a 9 has ridiculously overpriced DLC.
    DLC model is just getting worse.
    Playing - Danganronpa 1 then i'll play 2(Vita), Samurai Warriors 4 (PS3)
    Support Xenosaga HD by clicking the link below and sign the petition!
    https://secure.avaaz.org/en/petition...lobal_Release/


  7. #6
    Super Elite
    Shingo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Posts
    2,416
    Rep Power
    43
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    If they really intent to sell costumes with those prices they need to make this game as F2P and let the enjoying gamers pay their respect with buying costumes. There is noway for a gamer to pay 3 times money for a game like that. Weren't they are in the world when Titanfall released?
    (•_•)
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)



    MyAnimeList

    Stop preordering games! Stop buying day1 games! Stop being idiots!

  8. #7
    Forum Elder
    K2D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,676
    Rep Power
    78
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Cosmetic? Okay. Content? [Italian accent]: Get outta he~re!!





  9. #8
    PSU Live Streamer
    shepard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,700
    Rep Power
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post
    You're either an idiot or buying this or a rich schmuck for buying this. I can understand rich people buying this garbage. I can't understand normal gamers with incomes buying this overpriced piece of $#@! that doesn't deserve a $#@!ing cent.
    I'm neither a schmuck, nor an idiot. And I bought this game on PC. I played alpha and beta versions and I enjoy every minute of this game. To me this game is fun as hell with a refreshing take on multi-player that I've not seen before.

    I don't however, believe in it's present pricing. Which is why when I bought it on PC, I did so at half the price. And I currently have zero intentions of buying any of the DLC as I'm pretty happy with what the game gives me at just over $30.

    I already have 10.5hrs played, and climbing. Even if this game dies out in a couple months, I'll have gotten my $30 back in spades.

    Come find me on Twitch.tv!


  10. #9
    Super Elite
    Nick_Scryer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    At Home
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,245
    Rep Power
    74
    Items User name style
    Wow. What a $#@!ing joke.
    Click HERE for my Videos

  11. #10
    Ultimate Veteran
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    24,306
    Rep Power
    172
    I wasnt going to buy it anyway.

  12. #11
    Master Sage
    Lebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bowling
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Posts
    13,803
    Rep Power
    119
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Season passes are hore$#@! in general. They're like a down payment on an investment that you don't know will have a return. Season passes are $#@!ing pyramid schemes if I've ever seen some. Last gen it was online passes, and season passes were creeping up...now it's all season passes. Now, pay-to-play is creeping up...see where this is going? The gaming industry is turning into Hollywood.


  13. Likes AsterPhoenix likes this post
  14. #12
    Apprentice

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    42
    Posts
    328
    Rep Power
    56
    I think I'll Evolve on over to some other game! I love DCL usually but this just seems like an ultimate cash grab. At some point you just gotta think that it's getting ridiculous.

  15. Likes darky89 likes this post
  16. #13
    Master Poster
    $Greatness$'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Posts
    3,155
    Rep Power
    64
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post
    Season passes are hore$#@! in general. They're like a down payment on an investment that you don't know will have a return. Season passes are $#@!ing pyramid schemes if I've ever seen some. Last gen it was online passes, and season passes were creeping up...now it's all season passes. Now, pay-to-play is creeping up...see where this is going? The gaming industry is turning into Hollywood.
    Game Industry IS Hollywood. Been preaching this for years on this site. 2008 is where gaming died. Trying to tell you!


    $Greatness$ Awaits™


  17. #14
    PSU Technical Advisor
    Varsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Middlesbrough
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Age
    33
    Posts
    6,816
    Rep Power
    98
    Items User name style

  18. Likes Solid_Squirrel likes this post
  19. #15
    Forum Sage
    darky89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the bushes.
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,871
    Rep Power
    107
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Varsh View Post
    That was a good watch with good points made.

    Though day one cosmetic dlc doesn't change the experience, like said in the video, it's more the impression you get. That it's an incomplete game.

    Again, as said in the video, expansion packs were/are good. I think it'd be good to go back to that, substanial - worthwhile updates, instead of little additions here and there.

    Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

  20. #16
    Apprentice

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    42
    Posts
    328
    Rep Power
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by darky89 View Post
    Again, as said in the video, expansion packs were/are good. I think it'd be good to go back to that, substanial - worthwhile updates, instead of little additions here and there.
    To this day my favorite expansion would be Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction. THAT is how you do an expansion in my opinion. Full of extra content and lots of new loot, rune words and so forth, making not only the new Act great to play but making the entire game replayable too. I completely agree with you, it would be good to go back to that. D3 kept it going with Ultimate Evil actually, but it would be good if someone other than Blizzard did expansions that robust.

  21. #17
    Dedicated Member
    AsterPhoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,266
    Rep Power
    56
    Items Final Fantasy IVAtlus
    Good thing in the end that after I seen too much advertising on Evolve on youtube that I wasn't sucked into DLC scheme's like this.
    Watched the video and the bloke makes some good points about expansion's that are worthwhile and people getting DLC thinking they are not going to get a full experience from the game.

    DLC is here to stay and that is a ugly reality of the game industry. 2014 was full of buggy games and I didn't find it too surprising since this gaming generation has started so I thought i'll just let thing's play out.
    Playing - Danganronpa 1 then i'll play 2(Vita), Samurai Warriors 4 (PS3)
    Support Xenosaga HD by clicking the link below and sign the petition!
    https://secure.avaaz.org/en/petition...lobal_Release/


  22. #18
    Master Sage
    Lebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bowling
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Posts
    13,803
    Rep Power
    119
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    DLC is not bad in all forms. Here's the difference between good DLC/a company that maybe gives a $#@! about gamers and horrible DLC/a company that once had credibility and has now sold out.


    Good DLC that I gladly paid for in the past: Fallout 3/Fallout New Vegas.

    Not all the expansion packs were good, but they all shared one thing in common, new content, more areas to explore, different items and possibly replayability with the trophies/achievements and in-game easter eggs. This is the type of DLC I always look forward to when a game like Fallout comes out. And Borderlands, to a small extension.

    Bad DLC: Capcom fighters. Unnecessary cosmetic DLC. New game modes that feel redundant or similar to the exciting game modes, locked content on disc such as characters and then announcements of new super-mega-awesome-ultra editions every two years or so. Or any EA game that gives you the option to pay money to level up or get all the items, that you can already unlock in the game. Skate 2 did this. Blizzard's WoW lets you pay $60 IIRC to have your character get to level 60, without grinding. This is meant for rich-people and lazy casuals with disposable income and is really $#@!ing insulting to someone who got to level 60 by working for it.

    And then there's HD remasters. I was cool with it when it was from PS2 games almost 10 years old. That's fine. I can replay the classic in HD, with trophy support now. It's like buying a blu-ray of an old movie that I had on DVD, but the quality sucked. Except..now these $#@!ing remasters are one year apart from each other. I'm seeing PS3 titles go onto PS4. Such as, The Last of Us and now the Handsome Jack Collection. Way to go, devs. If there's one way to alienate your fanbase and previous customers, it's this way. And what makes no $#@!ing sense to me is that you're remastering a game that's already in HD. What the actual $#@!?

    Which tells me the gaming industry is taking notes from Hollywood big names like Paramount, Disney etc, which all locked this business practice down years ago. It's bad enough that games cost $70, which is a price increase from $50-60 and many of these games are not long enough to warrant such a price. RPG's, sure. I'll pay that price, because I know I'm getting at least 100 hours out of it vs. a 7 hour game like The Order, which you apparently can platinum in one full sitting.

    I now understand why game piracy exists. I always thought it was pointless, but I can kinda get why people choose PC. Because they can pirate their favourite games. I'll give a dev my money if it's good. But if it's from someone like Capcom, EA, Ubisoft that pushes out more titles than Octomom, then I fully condone piracy all the $#@!ing way!


  23. #19
    Sandy Claws
    Mopey.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Age
    23
    Posts
    4,609
    Rep Power
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post
    DLC is not bad in all forms. Here's the difference between good DLC/a company that maybe gives a $#@! about gamers and horrible DLC/a company that once had credibility and has now sold out.


    Good DLC that I gladly paid for in the past: Fallout 3/Fallout New Vegas.

    Not all the expansion packs were good, but they all shared one thing in common, new content, more areas to explore, different items and possibly replayability with the trophies/achievements and in-game easter eggs. This is the type of DLC I always look forward to when a game like Fallout comes out. And Borderlands, to a small extension.

    Bad DLC: Capcom fighters. Unnecessary cosmetic DLC. New game modes that feel redundant or similar to the exciting game modes, locked content on disc such as characters and then announcements of new super-mega-awesome-ultra editions every two years or so. Or any EA game that gives you the option to pay money to level up or get all the items, that you can already unlock in the game. Skate 2 did this. Blizzard's WoW lets you pay $60 IIRC to have your character get to level 60, without grinding. This is meant for rich-people and lazy casuals with disposable income and is really $#@!ing insulting to someone who got to level 60 by working for it.

    And then there's HD remasters. I was cool with it when it was from PS2 games almost 10 years old. That's fine. I can replay the classic in HD, with trophy support now. It's like buying a blu-ray of an old movie that I had on DVD, but the quality sucked. Except..now these $#@!ing remasters are one year apart from each other. I'm seeing PS3 titles go onto PS4. Such as, The Last of Us and now the Handsome Jack Collection. Way to go, devs. If there's one way to alienate your fanbase and previous customers, it's this way. And what makes no $#@!ing sense to me is that you're remastering a game that's already in HD. What the actual $#@!?

    Which tells me the gaming industry is taking notes from Hollywood big names like Paramount, Disney etc, which all locked this business practice down years ago. It's bad enough that games cost $70, which is a price increase from $50-60 and many of these games are not long enough to warrant such a price. RPG's, sure. I'll pay that price, because I know I'm getting at least 100 hours out of it vs. a 7 hour game like The Order, which you apparently can platinum in one full sitting.

    I now understand why game piracy exists. I always thought it was pointless, but I can kinda get why people choose PC. Because they can pirate their favourite games. I'll give a dev my money if it's good. But if it's from someone like Capcom, EA, Ubisoft that pushes out more titles than Octomom, then I fully condone piracy all the $#@!ing way!
    This post started strong and then quickly dipped off into ignorance.

    I sorta agree with you on the DLC debate. I'm all for purchasing DLC if it is competitively priced and offers more quality content, be it new game-modes, maps, story content and so forth. But at the same time, why is offering a choice to people who want to buy more cosmetic stuff a bad thing for you? If someone wants to spend twice the money and skip to Lvl 60 in WOW then let them. They paid for it. If someone wants to buy cosmetic items to look different then let them.

    Everyone seems to jump on the Evolve hate bandwagon over cosmetic DLC, and simply forget about The Last of Us Remastered. That game has over 140 pieces of DLC, and these arent just cosmetic. You can buy new guns and abilities, along with taunts, hats, masks, all ranging from 1$ to 7$ bundles. But nobody mentions it.

    As for your comments on remasters, people vote with their wallets. If people didn't want these games they would not sell. I do not see at all how it alienates the fanbase, and I do not see the logic in your cries of already being in HD. Going from 480p to 720p is over double the pixels. 720p to 1080p is over double the pixels. Whether something is HD or not to begin with is becoming redundant, especially with increasing resolutions in the coming years.

    As for the price of games, you are wrong. Games are cheap. They have remained roughly the same price for over 2 console generations despite inflation. That's why publishers utilize DLC. The consumer is so self entitled if they ever increased the base price people would riot. I feel your pain regarding 70$ games but that is more a product of Canadian currency than "evil" publishers.

    People have a very skewed view of value when it comes to games. They will gladly pay 20$ - 30$ for a movie, regardless of length, that is strictly a passive experience but cry bloody murder when a game doesn't last as long as they think it should.

    Then you talk about condoning piracy and that's just bulls**t.
    Last edited by Mopey.; 02-20-2015 at 06:01.

  24. #20
    Master Sage
    Lebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bowling
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Posts
    13,803
    Rep Power
    119
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    I sorta agree with you on the DLC debate. I'm all for purchasing DLC if it is competitively priced and offers more quality content, be it new game-modes, maps, story content and so forth. But at the same time, why is offering a choice to people who want to buy more cosmetic stuff a bad thing for you? If someone wants to spend twice the money and skip to Lvl 60 in WOW then let them. They paid for it. If someone wants to buy cosmetic items to look different then let them.
    I didn't say they shouldn't buy the DLC to get ahead of someone else who would rather grind. I said it is insulting to the person who was grinding all the way to level 60, meanwhile someone else gets ahead. Whether that helps sales for Blizzard is completely irrelevant, that's not my point. My point is this insults the gamer who worked hard for it. I think you're ignorant for cherry picking through my post. And cosmetic DLC is bad because it should be free in the first place. It literally does nothing to make the game better, nor does it give you extra power-ups. It's a shallow DLC to give someone bragging rights and it should be free since it doesn't benefit gameplay whatsoever.

    Everyone seems to jump on the Evolve hate bandwagon over cosmetic DLC, and simply forget about The Last of Us Remastered. That game has over 140 pieces of DLC, and these arent just cosmetic. You can buy new guns and abilities, along with taunts, hats, masks, all ranging from 1$ to 7$ bundles. But nobody mentions it.
    Which is similar to the BAD DLC comparison I'm making. I didn't buy any Last of Us DLC. Not worth it and it should be free in the first place.

    As for your comments on remasters, people vote with their wallets. If people didn't want these games they would not sell. I do not see at all how it alienates the fanbase, and I do not see the logic in your cries of already being in HD. Going from 480p to 720p is over double the pixels. 720p to 1080p is over double the pixels. Whether something is HD or not to begin with is becoming redundant, especially with increasing resolutions in the coming years.
    I didn't vote with my wallet for an HD remaster of an already HD game. I bought the original, I'm not upgrading to something that is will hardly be noticeable. And it really defeats the purpose of not having the original Borderlands in the Handsome Jack remaster, for those aforementioned people who apparently "vote with their wallets" that you speak of. And 480p to 720p is a huge difference. 720p to 1080p is a minor difference. Gran Turismo 5 looks as good as Driveclub on PS4. No, I still don't see the point of HD games getting a minor facelift, in HD, again. I would argue, a 4K facelift would look much better than a miniscule 1080p facelift with 60fps. The current gen consoles are already behind. Why aren't they in 4K? The next ones will have to be in 8K, because we TV's for it already. Expensive as hell now, but a few years from now, a little more affordable.

    As for the price of games, you are wrong. Games are cheap. They have remained roughly the same price for over 2 console generations despite inflation. That's why publishers utilize DLC. The consumer is so self entitled if they ever increased the base price people would riot. I feel your pain regarding 70$ games but that is more a product of Canadian currency than "evil" publishers.

    Yes. Bargain bin games are cheap. You are again confusing brand new with used, which I thought I made a pretty distinction in my post. I'm not arguing with bargain bin game prices. I'm arguing about $70 price hikes. The PS4 even got a price hike in Canada. Kind of ridiculous really. Not the devs or companies fault. Canadian taxes, inflation etc to blame. As I like to call it, the BST (BULL$#@!! Tax)


    People have a very skewed view of value when it comes to games. They will gladly pay 20$ - 30$ for a movie, regardless of length, that is strictly a passive experience but cry bloody murder when a game doesn't last as long as they think it should.

    That's probably because there a lot more movies than there are games. Again, games are more expensive. I expect at the very least 15-20 hours of SP in one playthrough. This is why so many gamers prefer RPG's to shooters. Because they last longer and are actually worth the brand new retail price. It's really not that hard to understand. And maybe there are entitlement issues, but that comes with ANY product, not just games. Movies, music, kitchenware etc. And when it comes down to money, that's always gonna be a problem with consumers. They don't want to waste their money on crappy inferior products that will have no lasting value and regret it. They want something that will blow their expectations away. And some expectations are unrealistic, yes, but for the most part, they're justified.


    Then you talk about condoning piracy and that's just bulls**t.
    Why is that just bull$#@!? You've never ever pirated something before? If you have, you've no right to say that to me. I use piracy as a demo. I have over 350 blu-ray movies, which most were due to piracy. Console games are much harder to pirate, unless they're on PC. But I understand why people pirate. Because they wanna try out a product before they decide to give their money or not. It's not that different than going to Blockbuster to rent a game for $10 for the whole week. With the exception of paying $10 to try it out. Except now, it's much harder to do that since Blockbuster and Rogers Video are not in town anymore.

    You think I wouldn't wanna try Evolve first? Hell yeah. Teaser looks amazing. But now if I wanna try it, I have to pay the full price or wait a couple of years for it to be cheaper. And if there's a way to pirate it, then go to town! And didn't you get the memo? This game is PAY-TO-PLAY, just like Candy Crush on mobile, where you have to buy levels and lives. That's pretty damn low of the developers and whoever else on their team decided that would be a good idea. Not everyone has disposable income. And thankfully, not everyone is forced to buy it either. But they should be aware of the its issues if they consider buying it before they waste their money.

    As a consumer yourself, you don't care about what you pay for? Because I do.
    Last edited by Lebowski; 02-20-2015 at 23:20.


  25. #21
    The Dawkness!
    Naxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    UK
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Age
    24
    Posts
    10,192
    Rep Power
    112
    http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...ices-down.aspx

    Also, a case for paid unlocks - there are people who enjoy games, but don't have the time to dedicate that many hours to unlock all the best stuff to enjoy. (There could be cheat codes, but that wouldn't be great for online games)

    My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

  26. #22
    Sandy Claws
    Mopey.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Age
    23
    Posts
    4,609
    Rep Power
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post
    I didn't say they shouldn't buy the DLC to get ahead of someone else who would rather grind. I said it is insulting to the person who was grinding all the way to level 60, meanwhile someone else gets ahead. Whether that helps sales for Blizzard is completely irrelevant, that's not my point. My point is this insults the gamer who worked hard for it. I think you're ignorant for cherry picking through my post. And cosmetic DLC is bad because it should be free in the first place. It literally does nothing to make the game better, nor does it give you extra power-ups. It's a shallow DLC to give someone bragging rights and it should be free since it doesn't benefit gameplay whatsoever.

    Which is similar to the BAD DLC comparison I'm making. I didn't buy any Last of Us DLC. Not worth it and it should be free in the first place.

    I didn't vote with my wallet for an HD remaster of an already HD game. I bought the original, I'm not upgrading to something that is will hardly be noticeable. And it really defeats the purpose of not having the original Borderlands in the Handsome Jack remaster, for those aforementioned people who apparently "vote with their wallets" that you speak of. And 480p to 720p is a huge difference. 720p to 1080p is a minor difference. Gran Turismo 5 looks as good as Driveclub on PS4. No, I still don't see the point of HD games getting a minor facelift, in HD, again. I would argue, a 4K facelift would look much better than a miniscule 1080p facelift with 60fps. The current gen consoles are already behind. Why aren't they in 4K? The next ones will have to be in 8K, because we TV's for it already. Expensive as hell now, but a few years from now, a little more affordable.

    Yes. Bargain bin games are cheap. You are again confusing brand new with used, which I thought I made a pretty distinction in my post. I'm not arguing with bargain bin game prices. I'm arguing about $70 price hikes. The PS4 even got a price hike in Canada. Kind of ridiculous really. Not the devs or companies fault. Canadian taxes, inflation etc to blame. As I like to call it, the BST (BULL$#@!! Tax)

    That's probably because there a lot more movies than there are games. Again, games are more expensive. I expect at the very least 15-20 hours of SP in one playthrough. This is why so many gamers prefer RPG's to shooters. Because they last longer and are actually worth the brand new retail price. It's really not that hard to understand. And maybe there are entitlement issues, but that comes with ANY product, not just games. Movies, music, kitchenware etc. And when it comes down to money, that's always gonna be a problem with consumers. They don't want to waste their money on crappy inferior products that will have no lasting value and regret it. They want something that will blow their expectations away. And some expectations are unrealistic, yes, but for the most part, they're justified.

    Why is that just bull$#@!? You've never ever pirated something before? If you have, you've no right to say that to me. I use piracy as a demo. I have over 350 blu-ray movies, which most were due to piracy. Console games are much harder to pirate, unless they're on PC. But I understand why people pirate. Because they wanna try out a product before they decide to give their money or not. It's not that different than going to Blockbuster to rent a game for $10 for the whole week. With the exception of paying $10 to try it out. Except now, it's much harder to do that since Blockbuster and Rogers Video are not in town anymore.

    You think I wouldn't wanna try Evolve first? Hell yeah. Teaser looks amazing. But now if I wanna try it, I have to pay the full price or wait a couple of years for it to be cheaper. And if there's a way to pirate it, then go to town! And didn't you get the memo? This game is PAY-TO-PLAY, just like Candy Crush on mobile, where you have to buy levels and lives. That's pretty damn low of the developers and whoever else on their team decided that would be a good idea. Not everyone has disposable income. And thankfully, not everyone is forced to buy it either. But they should be aware of the its issues if they consider buying it before they waste their money.

    As a consumer yourself, you don't care about what you pay for? Because I do.
    I didn't cherry pick anything. I responded to every part of your post.

    And I strongly believe you are simply failing to grasp what I am saying on numerous accounts.

    1. Some people don't have the time to grind to level 60. Why is it such a disservice to you that they pay extra to do so? They paid with money instead of time. It's not free either way. Who are you to say your time is more valuable and worthwhile than theirs?

    2. Cosmetic DLC is there as a choice. Not required in any way to enjoy the game.

    3. The jump from 480p to 720p IS comparable to the jump from 720p to 1080p. Regardless of whether you believe it or not.

    4. No. Full retail games are cheap. People are entitled and cheap. Developers are forced to find other ways to make their money back. Re-read my post.

    5. Yes, I have pirated games. Difference being I don't attempt to justify it with broken logic to make myself feel better. I know what I am doing when I steal a game. It's my choice and I take full ownership for it. Don't blame the publisher for your actions. That is completely ridiculous.

  27. #23
    Media Content Manager
    WaxWeazle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Belgium
    PSN ID
    kipkebab92
    Age
    22
    Posts
    3,552
    Rep Power
    25
    It's quite funny.

    People REALISE that DLC is just bull$#@!, asking a ridiculous amount of money (can also call it microtransactions, fits for all devices (including smartphones/tablets/phablets)) but yet they keep buying it.

    I don't see the whole DLC thing. There's so little games these days that don't have any stupid DLC packs, which is good, I really don't get the whole point of this.
    It used to be awesome to find out there'd be an expansionpack for a game, actually buying it because it was WORTH THE PRICE. Now it's like 'oh here's a skin/map, pay loads just to get 1'.
    BF3/BF4 still goes with expansions rather than DLC. That's what I like, which is why I have both games and premium on both. While I don't enjoy these games that much anymore, their EXPANSION PACKS are worth the price in my eyes and actually give a nice content pack for the game. You don't see that with most games anymore.

    The game industry cry that people download their games and all, but what do you want when you release stupid, ridiculous DLC packs that are actually WORTHLESS to the game (just skins and $#@! for your characters or guns) when people like them but can't use them? There'll always be people who buy them, but as long as people keep buying this, there'll be no proper expansion pack anymore in my eyes, because the industry keeps getting money from them, more than enough.. They already make a $#@!ton from their games unless they really failed at it (*cough* ubisoft *cough*) (and still they'll get a nice amount out of it..) but then each DLC for 15 dollars e.g. COD? Really?

    You won't see my buy DLC. No. $#@! that. $#@! DLC. Give me proper expansion packs, I'll get them if I really like the game. If they're WORTH it, I might consider it as well. I bought Bioshock Infinite DLC. Why? They give you a new story in 2 episodes. THAT is worth the buy. Not just some ridiculous bull$#@! skin that costs a ridiculous amount of money just to LOOK at it (and frankly, if you're playing FPS, you barely even see it yourself, so woohoo, you bought a skin that you barely see yourselves. GJ).

  28. Likes Lebowski likes this post
  29. #24
    Master Sage
    Lebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bowling
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Posts
    13,803
    Rep Power
    119
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    And I strongly believe you are simply failing to grasp what I am saying on numerous accounts.
    No actually, I'm disagreeing with you, on everything. Your viewpoints are wrong to me and no amount of you justifying them will ever change my mind.

    1. Some people don't have the time to grind to level 60. Why is it such a disservice to you that they pay extra to do so? They paid with money instead of time. It's not free either way. Who are you to say your time is more valuable and worthwhile than theirs?
    Some people don't have the money to pay for that shortcut and instead have worked their ass off for it. How would you like it if you worked your ass for an exam and some asshole paid the prof to pass it? Seems pretty unfair and wrong to me and just goes to show the prof, or the developer cares more about profits than its user base. If you don't have time, then that's your problem. Don't ruin the game for anyone else who knows how to manage their time well and work hard to get to level 60.

    2. Cosmetic DLC is there as a choice. Not required in any way to enjoy the game.
    Fair enough. Still useless however and should be free.

    3. The jump from 480p to 720p IS comparable to the jump from 720p to 1080p. Regardless of whether you believe it or not.
    I don't believe it. I SEE IT. The art style of a game like Borderlands has no significant visual improvement on the PS4. It's like using Lightroom's luminance and clarity dials just to make it slightly more crisp, but ultimately a very minor difference in visual quality. Having all the DLC previously released into this package is a nice incentive for new players, but it shows there's a lack on the developer's part to come up with a new IP or at the very least a sequel to Borderlands. They could have spent this money on Borderlands 3. This also shows a lack of games this generation, the fact that there are HD remasters of games only a year old.

    4. No. Full retail games are cheap. People are entitled and cheap. Developers are forced to find other ways to make their money back. Re-read my post.
    If you're referring to when games were $90, then the price is not too far off. Seems we're heading back to that price point. So, no, not cheap. Expensive. The fact that I have more movies than games seems by ten fold shows they are a more expensive investment. The developers that are forced to find ways to make their money back is probably because the game sucks. How is it that GTA V's add-ons have all been free up till now? They could have added a price to that, but they didn't, because they made some pretty damn good gaming box office gold. It's developers like the ones from Evolve that are reason to save your money.

    5. Yes, I have pirated games. Difference being I don't attempt to justify it with broken logic to make myself feel better. I know what I am doing when I steal a game. It's my choice and I take full ownership for it. Don't blame the publisher for your actions. That is completely ridiculous.


    How is demoing a game broken logic? You've done the same thing. I also take full responsibility for my actions too. I know I'm pirating, because I'm doing it on purpose. If I don't like the product, I'm not gonna buy it and I'll delete it from my hard drive. No point in keeping a $#@! product that takes up space on my hard drive. And if a game sucks, the developer is not to blame? Did someone else make this game and not the developer, as stated in the credits? What? Your logic is broken.


    Last edited by Lebowski; 02-21-2015 at 20:20.


  30. Likes WaxWeazle likes this post
  31. #25
    Sandy Claws
    Mopey.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Age
    23
    Posts
    4,609
    Rep Power
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post
    No actually, I'm disagreeing with you, on everything. Your viewpoints are wrong to me and no amount of you justifying them will ever change my mind.
    Honestly, this right here should be enough for me to stop. You willfully choose to be ignorant and misinformed, but I'm in an argumentative mood so I will try my best here.

    Some people don't have the money to pay for that shortcut and instead have worked their ass off for it. How would you like it if you worked your ass for an exam and some asshole paid the prof to pass it? Seems pretty unfair and wrong to me and just goes to show the prof, or the developer cares more about profits than its user base. If you don't have time, then that's your problem. Don't ruin the game for anyone else who knows how to manage their time well and work hard to get to level 60.
    First off, passing a class and playing a game are not comparable in any way. But if you are gonna go that route, fine. If some ass pays for a mark then that is his loss. It means he didn't learn the material and wasted his money. It actually has nothing to do with me, but maybe I should be happy I actually learned, the point of taking a class. Same goes for games. If I grind to lvl 60 and put in the 'hard work' and 'managed my time' then good for me. I learned how to play along the way, put in the hours, and enjoyed myself. If someone wants to pay for lvl 60 then shouldn't that be his own prerogative? If you lack the money to do so isn't that your problem? It doesn't ruin the experience for anybody. You are acting all sanctimonious as if it's some disservice to you personally. You forget that this is a business. These developers and publishers do this to make money.

    Fair enough. Still useless however and should be free.
    As I said, this is a business. You can't expect people to give their time and effort away for free. An artist had to create all that cosmetic DLC.

    I don't believe it. I SEE IT. The art style of a game like Borderlands has no significant visual improvement on the PS4. It's like using Lightroom's luminance and clarity dials just to make it slightly more crisp, but ultimately a very minor difference in visual quality. Having all the DLC previously released into this package is a nice incentive for new players, but it shows there's a lack on the developer's part to come up with a new IP or at the very least a sequel to Borderlands. They could have spent this money on Borderlands 3. This also shows a lack of games this generation, the fact that there are HD remasters of games only a year old.
    You are reaching so far and making so many assumptions I don't know where to begin. Borderlands hasn't come out on PS4 yet so your opinion on the visual improvements is completely invalid seeing as you haven't played it. It is relatively the same improvement as we saw in any HD remake of last gen. As I said previously, twice, the jump from 480p - 720p is very comparable to a jump from 720p - 1080p. Many remasters are done by a much smaller team, if not a completely different one, thus not taking resources away from new IP or projects.

    If you're referring to when games were $90, then the price is not too far off. Seems we're heading back to that price point. So, no, not cheap. Expensive. The fact that I have more movies than games seems by ten fold shows they are a more expensive investment. The developers that are forced to find ways to make their money back is probably because the game sucks. How is it that GTA V's add-ons have all been free up till now? They could have added a price to that, but they didn't, because they made some pretty damn good gaming box office gold. It's developers like the ones from Evolve that are reason to save your money.
    I don't know how clear I have to be. Full price retail games are cheaper than they ever have been in over 2 console generations. The amount of movies you own has absolutely no bearing on the price of games. Maybe, oh I don't know, you just watch more movies? I have more games than movies. Following your logic that means games are cheaper. Which is completely anecdotal and displays how illogical you sound.

    How is demoing a game broken logic? You've done the same thing. I also take full responsibility for my actions too. I know I'm pirating, because I'm doing it on purpose. If I don't like the product, I'm not gonna buy it and I'll delete it from my hard drive. No point in keeping a $#@! product that takes up space on my hard drive. And if a game sucks, the developer is not to blame? Did someone else make this game and not the developer, as stated in the credits? What? Your logic is broken.
    At this point you are just pulling $#@! out of your ass. I simply said nothing remotely close to that. If a game sucks, don't buy it. You literally said in your first post that you fully condone piracy if it is a game from Capcom, EA, or Ubisoft because they release a lot of games. You tried to justify piracy by making excuses.

    Anyway, I have exhausted my patience for this topic. At this point I am just re-explaining my last 2 posts. I think you are highly unreasonable and I don't follow any of your logic, but good discussion though haha.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.