PSU U.K. Executive Editor and Podcast Host
    Items User name styleLed ZeppelinAssassins Creed Ezio3DSDreamcastNintendo 64Vita360 SlimPS3 Fat

Looks like Mass Effect 4 will have multiplayer

EA's hiring for an online producer for the next Mass Effect game, all but confirming we'll see a multiplayer component in ME4.

http://www.psu.com/news/25837/Mass-E...line-component

Anyone enjoy ME3's multiplayer? I only played it a handful of times but I really liked it, although I wasn't particularly good at it.
    http://www.psu.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=263583&dateline=13663  69798

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    M4jorCyn1k
    Didnt play ME multiplayer but as long as its better than DAI multi then should be interesting.
    twitterings @posor

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    This game is SOOO far off. 2017, lol.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    I liked the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer and how it tied into the single player story. Was a neat twist on levelling your online avatar. Hopefully they can expand it a bit and integrate it better with the story, 'was disappointed that all it amounted to in ME3 was a codex entry
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

El Presidente
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    I liked the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer and how it tied into the single player story. Was a neat twist on levelling your online avatar. Hopefully they can expand it a bit and integrate it better with the story, 'was disappointed that all it amounted to in ME3 was a codex entry
    I liked the multiplayer but I definitely did not enjoy it being tied to single player. Single player and multiplayer should be completely separate. I did not like that I had to play multiplayer if I wanted galactic readiness up. Even when I boosted it I don't think it mattered. Hope they don't do that again.

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

6. Likes Shingo likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by podsaurus View Post
    I liked the multiplayer but I definitely did not enjoy it being tied to single player. Single player and multiplayer should be completely separate. I did not like that I had to play multiplayer if I wanted galactic readiness up. Even when I boosted it I don't think it mattered. Hope they don't do that again.
    Did you need it though? I always thought you could get the 'readiness' up without having to play multiplayer

But as i say, hopefully it wouldn't be tied to some sort of progression meter but rather a more integral part of the games mechanics.

i.e, You can send them to go do missions you yourself don't want to do. How well you prepped them in multiplayer will determine how well they do in single player.....stuff like that
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

El Presidente
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    Did you need it though? I always thought you could get the 'readiness' up without having to play multiplayer

But as i say, hopefully it wouldn't be tied to some sort of progression meter but rather a more integral part of the games mechanics.

i.e, You can send them to go do missions you yourself don't want to do. How well you prepped them in multiplayer will determine how well they do in single player.....stuff like that
    I did everything I could in single player but I could only get it up to 50%.

I don't agree at all. I definately do not want what happens in multiplayer to more interval for what is happening in single player. I don't like feeling as though I am forced to play multiplayer in order to benefit in single player. If I want to boost characters to send off to do missions I should be able to do that from single player.

I respectfully disagree.

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Dedicated Member
    So another mediocre single player confirmed.never played ME3 MP,but the single player was a wreck.

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi

I don't agree at all. I definately do not want what happens in multiplayer to more interval for what is happening in single player. I don't like feeling as though I am forced to play multiplayer in order to benefit in single player. If I want to boost characters to send off to do missions I should be able to do that from single player.

I respectfully disagree.
    I only played the multiplayer once or twice and I don't remember not playing it extensively affecting the singleplayer.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkNemesis View Post
    So another mediocre single player confirmed.never played ME3 MP,but the single player was a wreck.
    This has been announced ages ago.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Superior Member
    Here we go, another great title that's about to suffer from an identity crisis. Please MA, just be an amazing single-player game.
    Most anticipated 2015: No Man's Sky
    Most anticipated 2016: Star Citizen (PC)
    Want to frag like it's 1999? Have a look at Toxikk on steam. Early access started 1/22/15. It's incredible..

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    You only needed 50% to achieve "galactic readiness" though. So just playing the single-player was fine. But you could also increase that percentage by playing multiplayer if you preferred that. So it was up to you.

El Presidente
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    You only needed 50% to achieve "galactic readiness" though. So just playing the single-player was fine. But you could also increase that percentage by playing multiplayer if you preferred that. So it was up to you.
    I only found that out later. I saw 50% and thought 'oh no I'm going to fail in the final mission' or something like that. I played ME3 a few year ago but I don't explicitly remember the game explaining that it doesn't need to go above 50%.

It doesn't change how I feel. Single and multiplayer are separate modes and should in no way interact. That being said if ME4's multiplayer is anything like 3's I'll be content with that.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    Items Led ZeppelinDreamcastDead NationArnold SchwarzneggerUser name style
    I actually enjoyed ME3 multiplayer.

I don't, however, think it should affect the single player....that $#@! was $#@!ed up.

Wibbly Wobbly
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    I played ME3's MP mainly because it was tied to the ending (if only I knew how it would turn out I wouldn't have F'in bothered!) - but it was fun while it lasted.
    Be Together - Not the same.

PSU U.K. Executive Editor and Podcast Host
    Items User name styleLed ZeppelinAssassins Creed Ezio3DSDreamcastNintendo 64Vita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    Yeah, I think the multiplayer should be separate from the main campaign and shouldn't affect your progress; that said, I'd welcome something similar to ME3's online in the next game.

I would like to think the game will be out in 2016, although a November 2017 would be very appropriate; ten years since the first game was released, and all.
    http://www.psu.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=263583&dateline=13663  69798

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    SkarEffect
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Harradence View Post
    EA's hiring for an online producer for the next Mass Effect game, all but confirming we'll see a multiplayer component in ME4.

http://www.psu.com/news/25837/Mass-E...line-component

Anyone enjoy ME3's multiplayer? I only played it a handful of times but I really liked it, although I wasn't particularly good at it.
    Not surprised, gamers want Co-ops, want multiplayers.

Excellent news for those of us who don't care about multiplayer. This is from the Senior development director of Mass Effect 4.

Chris Wynn @The1Wynn
    Follow

If anyone is concerned that online will take away from single player, I assure you that SP will be MASSIVE in the next Mass Effect.
    11:59 AM - 12 Feb 2015

Last edited by roobieroo; 2 Weeks Ago at 04:06.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    ME3 multiplayer was fun as hell when you're with friends or people with high rank and who know how to play. I used the online to get to my platinum trophy.

Forum Sage
    ME3 multiplayer was fun, but I didn't like how Bioware's support of it was dropped after ~1 year.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    CrazyShady
    Items User name style
    I've never played 3. Loved 1 and 2 and really hoping that a remaster comes along so I can play them on my ps4 and try to platinum them (played on my xbox originally).

I'd love to hear people's opinions on the chances of that happening. I'd say it's quite possible but you never know these days. Been biding my time to play 3 hoping for a remastered announcement but if the games not coming out for at least another 2 years I doubt a remaster would be coming anytime soon.

PSN: CrazyShady GAMERTAG: CrazyShady44
    PS4 | PS Vita| Xbox 360 | PS3

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    I remember the remaster was a rumor. Play part three dude. You might as well since you already played the first two. Why miss out on great gaming?

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyShady View Post
    I'd love to hear people's opinions on the chances of that happening.
    The last time Bioware commented on a possible remaster was on NeoGAF sometime in the Fall. The Bioware employee asked the members what kind of improvements/changes they'd want to see in a remaster. But he prefaced that post by saying he was just personally interested in what people would want, and that he wouldn't confirm anything was in development.

I'd say it's highly likely it's coming, but I would just buy ME3. It's a great game and who knows when the remaster is coming...

Thread Information