View Poll Results: One World Government?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'd be for it.

2 11.76%
  • I'd be against it.

5 29.41%
  • It doesn't matter, because it's going to happen someday.

0 0%
  • It doesn't matter, because it would never work or never happen.

10 58.82%
Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation

One World Government, Religion, and Currency? (Not Illuminati related)

http://www.infowars.com/bill-gates-c...al-government/

A while back, Bill Gates called for a one world government or a global government. If the world powers came together and considered a one world government or global government, would you be for or against it?

I would be for it. It would be one power or one ruler, possibly one religion or one belief, and it would be one economy and one currency. So what dollar I spend in the U.S. allows me to buy something in Spain and etc. There would be zero wars and maybe some rebellions. Everyone would get fed and have access to clean water. It's basically a win-win.

What do you think?

Currently Playing: Bravely Default for the Nintendo 3DS

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Well good luck getting every other country to agree to this, or religious extremists to not be pissed off. This will never work. Coincidentally, this is what conspiracy theorists constantly yap on about on forums. It's amusing.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post
    Well good luck getting every other country to agree to this, or religious extremists to not be pissed off. This will never work. Coincidentally, this is what conspiracy theorists constantly yap on about on forums. It's amusing.
    If it were to ever happen, they'd probably throw the extremists in jail.

Forum Sage

I'd be against it. We essentially have that now anyway except with regards to every nation's sovereign right to have a military. Good luck dismantling the military industrial complex of the nations that would be dead-set against it.

Selected Members Council
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    I don't think it would work, couldn't see all countries agreeing to it and even if they did I don't think it would solve anything, there would still be crime and war etc because that's just the world we live in!
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

Twitch ID: http://www.twitch.tv/duffman041986/profile

My Youtube Gaming Channel - Now with commentary: Duffman Gaming

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Why did you have to bring religion into the mix? If it were a religion to abolish all other existing religions, sure. People can believe whatever they want to believe as long as the they keep it wholly to them selves.

7. Likes Ezekiel likes this post
    Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    If its like a world like Final Fantasy...sure. Problem is, we have over 8 billion people on this Earth.

3DS: 4613-6960-4293

9. Likes MajorMajor likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Because the EU and the UN work so well as it is.

11. Likes Ezekiel, Lebowski , Christopher likes this post
    PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Revelations....

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    M4jorCyn1k
    In an ideal world that's what we would have. We're all basically the same after all. Probelm is this world is about as far from ideal as we are from the sun, that is, a very, very, very long way.
    twitterings @posor

Sonata Dusk
    A one world Government would be great if the people running it were actually good people. You can't ever ensure that though. It could also perhaps work if everything they did was transparent and under investigation by third parties.

Given the nature of human beings that's tremendously unlikely. It would become insanely corrupt and nothing could stand up to it.

Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Because the EU and the UN work so well as it is.
    What's so bad about the UN and EU? Specifically, I mean.

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    It wouldn't work because there is always someone or a group that wants more power in what they say, we would end up in a war. If people don't agree with something, than said group will want to create their own government anyway.
    PSN ID: Intense_Peanut

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    So you ask from people not to steal from each other? Or share something they have more than their neighbor? Lol, are you from space and not met any human yet?
    (•_•)
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList

Stop preordering games! Stop buying day1 games! Stop being idiots!

17. Likes MajorMajor likes this post
    Veteran
    If one government made people around the world believe in the same belief or religion, had one military or police force, one economy, one health care system that cares for all, what's not to like?

Rebellions? All they had to do is crush them and put the people in prison or punish them. Crime? If the police and military are strict enough, that won't be a problem. Diseases and medical care? A universal health care system for the whole world.

The only problem is if the bad guys get in control, but what if the government were heavily U.S. influenced?

I actually don't see why it's impossible for this to at least by attempted by the world leaders. I see so many reasons why they'd want to give it a try.

Sonata Dusk
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    If one government made people around the world believe in the same belief or religion, had one military or police force, one economy, one health care system that cares for all, what's not to like?
    Why would I want a belief? And how would that go over? If you believe in a god you can't just exchange it for a another. That's a fundamental pillar to your worldview.

The only problem is if the bad guys get in control, but what if the government were heavily U.S. influenced?
    ??? But the United States is the bad guy.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Whoa there, the US have the worst legislative process in the world. We don't want that crap

Having said that, you're on your way to finding out why a "one government" world is only really good in theory.

I'd be for a unified governing body. But getting there won't happen overnight. It will take centuries.

We're more likely to get 3 world governments before that. EU, Americas, Russia/China (whatever they'd call themselves)
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Master Sage
    Sounds like something John Lennon would say.... except for maybe the one religion part.

I'm against it.
    Currency part I don't care about, that is just man-made rubbish.
    Religion is too but it has more ownership associated with it.
    One Government will likely put us all under China, they are the real world leaders.

Community and Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple

Rebellions? All they had to do is crush them and put the people in prison or punish them. Crime? If the police and military are strict enough, that won't be a problem. Diseases and medical care? A universal health care system for the whole world.

I actually don't see why it's impossible for this to at least by attempted by the world leaders. I see so many reasons why they'd want to give it a try.
    Totalitarianism? Err....not a good idea. And no, this isn't even in the realm of possibility. It is an interesting hypothetical, but nothing to do with reality.

But....I'll play along cuz, like I said, it is interesting. So the world would have to select from the various political, economic, social, and religious doctrines and force every country to adapt. Wars have already been fought many times over for these kinds of things. So you can pretty much rule out voluntary acceptance. Either one country (or an alliance of like countries) would have to take over the world with their military might (aka world war 3) or something crazy like....I dunno.....scientists develop world mind control and we are all mindless sheep. Either way, all power is consolidated into one entity and the rights of the individual are just gone.

But suppose the world came to some consensus about....pretty much everything and we had one government, the fact of the matter is that power corrupts. One world power? Can't even imagine the horrors of such a thing, even one created with the best intentions.

23. Likes The Black Wolf, Captncoke49 likes this post
    Forum Sage

If you want a One World Government, you need to remove humans from the decision-making process. Build a supercomputer with an AI with the sole purpose of creating another supercomputer with another AI that would rule humanity. Instruct the first AI to create the second AI with a personality solely meant to control every macro-aspect of human society. The economy, resource production, resource allocation and procurement, the laws that will govern human to human, human to other intelligent and non-intelligent hum life, human to machine and human to AI interactions.

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiel View Post
    If you want a One World Government, you need to remove humans from the decision-making process. Build a supercomputer with an AI with the sole purpose of creating another supercomputer with another AI that would rule humanity. Instruct the first AI to create the second AI with a personality solely meant to control every macro-aspect of human society. The economy, resource production, resource allocation and procurement, the laws that will govern human to human, human to other intelligent and non-intelligent hum life, human to machine and human to AI interactions.
    But who builds the supercomputer :-p

Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Bitbydeath View Post
    But who builds the supercomputer :-p
    The first one can be any one or more of the currently available ones used for science, networked together via the fastest fiber optic wiring and connections we can possibly build. Create the first AI with programming that safeguards humanity but takes it out of the loop entirely in the decision-making process. House the AI created second supercomputer cluster in Antarctica where a very few are even able to venture and let the AI direct humanity from there.

A one world government can only come to fruition successfully if humans are removed from the decision-making process.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    It was a stupid idea then. And its a stupid idea now. But its going to happen! Just know that I stay woke and ain't no sucka, playa.

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    A one world Government would be great if the people running it were actually good people. You can't ever ensure that though. It could also perhaps work if everything they did was transparent and under investigation by third parties.

Given the nature of human beings that's tremendously unlikely. It would become insanely corrupt and nothing could stand up to it.

What's so bad about the UN and EU? Specifically, I mean.
    The UN is a joke in terms of getting things done. All talk, no meaningful action. Basically works upon the goodwill of nations. (which is rather fickle)

The EU tries to replicate the states of the US, except with countries..... That says it all really when you have so many different kinds of people trying to "get along" with all their differences and "history" together. Trying to meddle in each countries affairs is a minefield. Also it is dominated by a few powerhouse countries who basically provide for all the others.

Ever listen to Nigel Farage?

https://www.youtube.com/user/europarl/videos

Community and Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiel View Post
    The first one can be any one or more of the currently available ones used for science, networked together via the fastest fiber optic wiring and connections we can possibly build. Create the first AI with programming that safeguards humanity but takes it out of the loop entirely in the decision-making process. House the AI created second supercomputer cluster in Antarctica where a very few are even able to venture and let the AI direct humanity from there.

A one world government can only come to fruition successfully if humans are removed from the decision-making process.
    Humans are still programming it. But how is it being programmed and whose values are being implemented? Pretty sure China, North Korea, and other countries would have different ideas for the AI design than US, Europe, etc.

And then comes the really scary question. Say a one AI was conceived and adopted by the world. Does it get to enforce its decisions? You see where I'm going here...

Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Humans are still programming it. But how is it being programmed and whose values are being implemented? Pretty sure China, North Korea, and other countries would have different ideas for the AI design than US, Europe, etc.

And then comes the really scary question. Say a one AI was conceived and adopted by the world. Does it get to enforce its decisions? You see where I'm going here...
    Humans need only program the laws that provide basic safeguards for humanity as a whole. The people programming the AI need to be people have as little bias towards any particular government as possible. They need to be Atheist so that we don't have religious nut-jobs writing in code that would play to everyone else's detriment. The AI should gain access to the police forces and direct them to enforce compliance. Without humans making the decisions of who is breaking said laws and without the laws that benefit only certain elites, humans only need enforce the laws the AI has made. The government the AI constructs though should allow for maximum freedoms but make whatever restrictions that do apply; absolute and non-negotiable.

Thread Information