Community and Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple

PSU: Suikoden 1 and 2 Reviews

Wow.....really high scores here. I've never played any of the Suikoden games. May have to check them out.

Suikoden Review

Suikoden 2 Review

PSN ID
    cimerians
    They are classic JRPG's that are very easy to get into and finish. They are well balanced and feature many combinations (108 ) of characters you can recruit and you also have your own castle to manage and build up. There are turn based strategy mini games as well and the storyline in the second game is nice. The save game from Suikoden 1 can also be imported into Suikoden 2 so its recommended that both are played. The first one is simple and can be beat in around 25-30 hours.

You can't go wrong with playing these. Good stuff.
    "O Knights of Ni, you are just and fair, and we will return with a shrubbery."

Dedicated Member
    Items Final Fantasy IVAtlus
    I played Suikoden 5 really liked it wish I could find a copy for it somewhere. Heard Suikoden 3 is really good anyone played 1 and 2 if you have are they any good?
    Playing - Muramasa Rebirth (PS Vita) Sword Art Online:Hollow Fragment(Vita)
    Support Xenosaga HD by clicking the link below and sign the petition!
    https://secure.avaaz.org/en/petition...lobal_Release/

PSU Reviews Editor, Hit Series Creator
    PSN ID
    MelegantPrime
    Quote Originally Posted by AsterPhoenix View Post
    I played Suikoden 5 really liked it wish I could find a copy for it somewhere. Heard Suikoden 3 is really good anyone played 1 and 2 if you have are they any good?
    The entire series is great. 4 dips a little because they go with a team of 4 instead of 6, and Suikoden Tactics gets a bit tedious like any tactics game in combat, but other than that you won't regret playing them all.

Dedicated Member
    Items Final Fantasy IVAtlus
    Quote Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post
    The entire series is great. 4 dips a little because they go with a team of 4 instead of 6, and Suikoden Tactics gets a bit tedious like any tactics game in combat, but other than that you won't regret playing them all.
    I too heard Suikoden IV wasn't that great. Hope that they end up releasing Suikoden 3 and 5 on PSN as well. Had 5 on PS2 played it a lot then I sold it along with a lot of other games and I regret it now.

So for a start i'm considering buying Suikoden 1 & 2.
    Playing - Muramasa Rebirth (PS Vita) Sword Art Online:Hollow Fragment(Vita)
    Support Xenosaga HD by clicking the link below and sign the petition!
    https://secure.avaaz.org/en/petition...lobal_Release/

PSN ID
    Throndillion
    I was thinking of having a go at one of these games. Do I need to play 1 then 2 or can I jump straight into 2 which is meant to be the best in the series?

PSU Reviews Editor, Hit Series Creator
    PSN ID
    MelegantPrime
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhirald View Post
    I was thinking of having a go at one of these games. Do I need to play 1 then 2 or can I jump straight into 2 which is meant to be the best in the series?
    1 and 2 share some characters but the stories are separate. It is more inside info that will make you appreciate the game more than needed to understand the story. Actually, there is 1 thing that is a bit WTF but it is super minor with one of the character's backstories.

Thread Information