AC Unity Should I?

For $20 is it worth getting or I it unforgivable?

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Sure it's worth it. Not as fun as BF but good enough for $20.

~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Power Member
    Updates have fixed the bugs enough that it's quite playable. Some of the scenery is out of this world gorgeous.

Master Guru
    You should. AC: U is a great game. Don't believe the negativity.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    $20 is about what I'm waiting for. I'd jump on that if I had the chance.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Preorders:
    Witcher3Batman:AKUncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    $20? Yes.

The biggest bugs are fixed, the Companion App and Initiates requirements have been removed, and the small bugs that do still exist can be forgiven when you factor in how fun the game is. There is still character pop-in, but on the same level or better than previous games, and missions aren't nearly as annoying as the previous games. The biggest gripe I have is story, it lacks in the First Civ and modern day stuff.
    Last edited by ttech10; 5 Days Ago at 04:12.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    i sent unity back after a couple of hours...the combat is very lethargic...could not be arsed with it.

PSN ID
    LoveSpuds
    If you enjoy Assassins Creed gameplay mechanics then you should absolutely play it. Ignore the negative vibes surrounding the game, it playes as well as any of the other AC game but runs and looks better than any Creed game ever released on console.

It really does hinge on whether you like AC gameplay mechanics.

El Presidente
    If you like playing the exact same game as most of the previous ones then yes.

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

10. Likes Shingo likes this post
    Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Quote Originally Posted by podsaurus View Post
    If you like playing the exact same game as most of the previous ones then yes.
    That's pretty harsh, considering the things Unity has that the others didn't. Character customization, lockpicking, investigation missions, various routes to targets and mission opportunity events, almost complete lack of tailing missions, adaptive missions and online co-op (that you can do solo). And I'm sure I'm missing at least one or two things.

Unity is far from the exact game as the previous ones.

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by ttech10 View Post
    That's pretty harsh, considering the things Unity has that the others didn't. Character customization, lockpicking, investigation missions, various routes to targets and mission opportunity events, almost complete lack of tailing missions, adaptive missions and online co-op (that you can do solo). And I'm sure I'm missing at least one or two things.

Unity is far from the exact game as the previous ones.
    pod been told! And on the subject, I believe LoveSpud's answer sums it up best for me. If you like AC mechanics this game is awesome. It's a particular taste but if you like it then go fro this one now that the major mess since game launch has largely been cleaned up.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    That's true. If you didn't enjoy the past AC games this one probably won't sway your opinions, but it's really enjoyable if you liked the AC games. Most importantly, complaints from previous games have been addressed and mechanics that were getting stale got changed up (mainly, fighting and parkour).

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    In my humble opinion AC: Unity is the best AC game (tied with AC2 or maybe even slightly better). The patches have made a significant difference and now the game is completely playable (mind you it actually runs better then all AC games on ps3 last gen) and on top of that it is the best looking next gen game released (open world game atleast). It has the best cast of characters in ANY AC game. I realized that once I beat the game I didn't remember any character from past AC games other then their respective protagonists yet there are so many great characters in unity that stuck with me, despite my inability to pronounce their names

TLDR: YES! It is a great game

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    It's a good game, it runs stable after the patches, with the "occasional" flying NPC that isn't game breaking, but I personally wouldn't rate it as the best.
    IMO for all the new things Unity introduced, Arno and Paris became kind of boring right after the story ended.

~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    ac:u is the best graphical, has definitely stunning Paris. And that is all about it. I played almost half of the game, all missions are same, at least this time there are sewers and travellable buildings. I played from 1 star to 5 star missions, some of them are well designed , forcing you to go like an actual assasin, some missions make you fight with 10 man one at a time. But just like pod said , the game is almost the same.
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList

Stop preordering games! Stop buying day1 games! Stop being idiots!

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    In my humble opinion AC: Unity is the best AC game (tied with AC2 or maybe even slightly better).
    I still have trouble trying to figure out if 2 or Unity is my favorite. I lean toward unity but 2 was spectacular, if I think about it too hard I get stuck because there are things about each that make them my "favorite. I'm just gonna call it a tie at this point

Got it free for pc with my gtx970

Apprentice

i also don't know if ACU or AC2 are the best. in terms of graphics and everything definitely ACU tho.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandWazoo View Post
    I still have trouble trying to figure out if 2 or Unity is my favorite. I lean toward unity but 2 was spectacular, if I think about it too hard I get stuck because there are things about each that make them my "favorite. I'm just gonna call it a tie at this point
    I'm pretty sure something from the Ezio trilogy has to be my favorite, because of the story alone. So much in Unity I enjoy, but I'm looking for the First Civ/modern day story. It's what got me from the very first game and sad that it's mostly been put to pasture.

Thread Information