PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style

Top Gear is not being shown this Sunday

It seems like Jeremy Clarkson is again at it, this time he's suspended pending further investigation after a "fracas" with the Top Gear producer. Bloody idiot!

Top Gear host Jeremy Clarkson has been suspended by the BBC after what it called a "fracas" with a producer.

Sources said he was accused of hitting the producer in an incident last week, and the remaining three episodes of the current series might not be broadcast.

The BBC confirmed one episode - due for broadcast on Sunday - would not be shown, but gave few further details.

Clarkson, 54, has not commented, but has been joking on social media about films that could replace Sunday's show.

He was given what he called his "final warning" last May after claims he used a racist word during filming.

At the time, he said the BBC had told him he would be sacked if he made "one more offensive remark, anywhere, at any time".

In a statement earlier, the BBC said: "Following a fracas with a BBC producer, Jeremy Clarkson has been suspended pending an investigation.

"No-one else has been suspended.

"Top Gear will not be broadcast this Sunday.

"The BBC will be making no further comment at this time."

BBC News special correspondent Lucy Manning said sources had confirmed reports Clarkson was suspended for "allegedly hitting a producer".

"The incident is believed to have happened last week, but was reported to the BBC on Monday and dealt with on Tuesday," she added.

"The next two episodes of Top Gear will not be broadcast and it's understood that a third programme, the final of the series, is unlikely to be transmitted."

Clarkson's representatives have yet to reply to requests for a comment.

In an exchange on Twitter, Clarkson and co-hosts Richard Hammond and James May have been suggesting films that could be aired in place of the Sunday's Top Gear episode.

Later - in an apparent reference to Ed Miliband - Clarkson tweeted: "Sorry Ed. It seems I knocked your 'I'm a human' piece down the news agenda."

Justine Miliband, the Labour leader's wife, has given an interview to the BBC saying she expects personal attacks on her husband to be "really vicious" as May's election approaches.

This weekend's episode of Top Gear was set to feature Clarkson - who has fronted the show since 2002 - and his fellow presenters at a classic track day.

Former footballer and pundit Gary Lineker was also to appear as the "star in a reasonably priced car".

Lineker has tweeted: "I don't think I'm ever meant to appear on Top Gear!"

Former Top Gear presenter Chris Goffey told BBC Radio 5 live that, while discussions on the programme sometimes became heated when he worked on the show, it "must have been something fairly serious behind the scenes to warrant his immediate suspension".

"I can't think what the hell's gone on, but there you go. When you've got a very strong character who likes things his own way, if somebody stands up to him, there's going to be a row."

Clarkson has courted controversy on several occasions during his time hosting Top Gear.

The show's executive producer, Andy Wilman, described last year as an "annus horribilis" for the programme.

It followed an incident in Argentina where the presenters and crew were forced to flee the country after trouble erupted over a number plate reading H982 FLK - which some suggested referred to the Falklands conflict of 1982.

Last year the show was also censured by Ofcom for breaching broadcasting rules after Clarkson used a derogatory word for Asian people during its Burma special programme.

Other Top Gear controversies
    May 2014 - The programme drew complaints when video footage leaked to the Daily Mirror appeared to show Jeremy Clarkson using a racist term while reciting the nursery rhyme Eeny, Meeny, Miny, Moe. The presenter later apologised for the incident, which was never broadcast
    October 2012 - The BBC Trust ruled comments by Clarkson which likened the design of a camper van to people with facial disfigurements breached disability guidelines.
    January 2012 - Indian diplomats complained about a 90-minute India special in which a car fitted with a toilet in its boot is described by Clarkson as "perfect for India because everyone who comes here gets the trots".
    February 2011 - The BBC apologised to Mexico after Clarkson and his co-hosts characterised Mexicans as "lazy" and "$#@!less".
    Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-31824040

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    M4jorCyn1k
    This doesn't surprise me. I've thought for some time now what a bloody idiot he is.
    twitterings @posor

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Clarkson has a talent for the show biz but unfortunately he is a $#@!er. Oh well.

~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Superior Member
    I think Clarkson's great! He always speaks his mind and that has become a rarity these days.

Admittedly he does say/do some questionable things, but that's half the fun!!!

There's a petition which already has 450k signatures to reinstate him!!

https://www.change.org/p/bbc-reinstate-jeremy-clarkson

Top Gear gets around 350million views world wide, without Clarkson I doubt it would reach 1/4 of that plus I think it would be crap!

I like May and Hammond too, but it's Clarksons' show without a doubt.

Forum Sage
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhindi_Bhajji View Post
    I think Clarkson's great! He always speaks his mind and that has become a rarity these days.

Admittedly he does say/do some questionable things, but that's half the fun!!!
    I agree, he's so not PC which is, like you say, a rarity. Just about every show on tv isn't allowed to do anything that might upset about 3 people.
    Also agreed some things he does are questionable. I used to like him, but now I can't make my mind up.

On Top Gear in general - frankly the format is starting to become a bit stale for me. I think it could do with a revamp.

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    I'm fine with Jeremy Clarkson on camera, I actually find his jokes quite funny even if they are politically incorrect. Hell his jokes about India I was even laughing at and 90% of my entire family are Indian (hell I'm half Indian) but that doesn't bother me as I can see the funny side of the jokes. It's his off-screen antics this time that has pissed me off because I was looking forward to this Sunday's episode as well as hoping to see the McLAren, Ferrari, Porsche face-off which looked as though they were going to be able to film it in time.

Selected Members Council

PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    I also agree, Clarkson makes me laugh and sometimes his remarks are a bit close but most of the time he says stuff we are all thinking anyway, Top Gear wouldn't be right without him!
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

Twitch ID: http://www.twitch.tv/duffman041986/profile

My Youtube Gaming Channel - Now with commentary: Duffman Gaming

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    So he got drunk and hit someone? Must be a slow news week.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    really don't get it nor Clarkson, the show is boring he is not funny and is just a rude sanctimonious $#@!. everyone is acting like he is the king!

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

10. Likes MajorMajor likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    M4jorCyn1k
    Quote Originally Posted by 33x View Post
    really don't get it nor Clarkson, the show is boring he is not funny and is just a rude sanctimonious $#@!. everyone is acting like he is the king!
    Gotta say I agree with 33x. Clarkson's had it coming for some time. You can't keep acting like a $#@! and think you're gonna keep getting away with it.
    twitterings @posor

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Clarkson represents everything wrong with the world. Not Clarkson himself but the way people treat him.

I mean seriously, the people who like him don't take him seriously at all, he's an oaf who speaks his mind and for the most part is saying what people are thinking anyway. So why then, do the people who don't like him take him so god damn seriously?

It's all these ethics warrior scum dirtbags who ain't got jack $#@! going on with their lives that they need to constantly make a case of every single thing a person says.

You know the type of arsehole. In a 100 page essay, they will see one line that may be construed negatively and focus their BS reasoning on why you are tantamount to a Nazi.
    The same type of arsehole who walks into a police station and makes every single officer take some Bull$#@! 2 year course on "how to react and properly analyse the threat of a cat liking your big toe".

I was in the UK when clarkson made the "People should be shot" comment, i even saw it live. It boggles the mind how people took that as "i'm coming around to your house to shoot you in the head"...I mean really.

People are so $#@!ing "precious" nowadays its not even funny.

EDIT:
    I was in a scuffle a few years back in a nightclub (not that im proud to admit). Where where all the Ethics warriors then? Punches were thrown, furniture was broke, surely they could find something to use as an example to justify their reasoning?

Nope, jack $#@! was done. You can't vindicate your pathetic existence propping up an everyman. Nope, leech onto people who are of some repute and spout your $#@! to the heavens. $#@! the ethics scum, and $#@! their red tape.

EDIT:
    Furthermore, remember how that chick threw the pie in Clarksons face? Where were the ethics scum then? I don't even like all this $#@! and even i can tell you an "eye for an eye" goes against everything ethics based. Why'd she get off? Oh, the reason being "clarkson started it" *smh*

$#@!ing double standard joke.
    Last edited by Fijiandoce; 2 Weeks Ago at 11:32.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

13. Likes BBK.. , 33x likes this post
    PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    My sentiments exactly. People don't think he's "the king" 33x, we just want someone who can freely speak their mind in such a PC world. PC has become an absolute joke nowadays and frankly I'm pissed off at it. I may be PC myself but I have no qualms with others being non-PC. It's turning the world itself into a nanny-state.

15. Likes 33x likes this post
    Elite Sage

I've always liked Clarkson for saying whatever he feels like saying. He strikes me as a person I wouldn't necessary get along with but I would love to listen to him rabble on.

If David Attenborough is the country's 'grandad' then I think Clarkson is the country's dodgy uncle who no one really listens to seriously.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    M4jorCyn1k
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    I mean seriously, the people who like him don't take him seriously at all, he's an oaf who speaks his mind and for the most part is saying what people are thinking anyway. So why then, do the people who don't like him take him so god damn seriously?

It's all these ethics warrior scum dirtbags who ain't got jack $#@! going on with their lives that they need to constantly make a case of every single thing a person says.
    Clarkson is a high profile individual and so everything he says can and will be latched onto and criticised. For the same reason's it's not OK for highly paid and 'praised' footballers or fringe political party figures to spout nonsense and think that's OK too. A lot of those also show themselves up to have less brains than a banana. He's a journalist by trade remember so courting controversy is something he's sort of trained to do. None of that is justification though, especially not for punching someone in the face because they couldn't get steak for dinner.

As for people going on strike and needing to be shot, well that just shows how out of touch with the reality of most peoples lives he is. Some might agree with him but that doesn't mean others shouldn't strike or be allowed to do so without having idiots like him belittle their cause.

Since he's such a high profile person a lot of people who do like him take him totally seriously too, and then take anything he says and use it as an excuse to condescend someone else for no other reason than 'Clarkson said it', typical arshole behaviour. To some he is like a king because he does speak his mind but for a lot of others he's a dinosaur spouting ideas and opinions that really belong in the past. For me it's about having respect for one another and he's a prime example of the lack of respect only for reasons of raising his own public profile and expanding his already enormous ego.

You will now probably disagree but I wouldn't call myself a 'ethics warrior scum dirtbag'. That said I do have ethics and I'm sure you do too. You don't have to be an asshole to have a valid point because there are ways of doing things differently.

That is why I dislike Clarkson.
    twitterings @posor

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Just to get it out of the way:
    I didn't mean to imply that people who dislike him are therefore automatically ethics scum. That's unreasonable, you can dislike someone for any number of reasons. However, i was specifically referring to the sect of people who dislike him whom i would class as ethics scum...from my rant you should be able to discern the type i was meaning. The "i think my way is the best way" or the "i am holier than thou" types of arseholes
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorMajor View Post
    Clarkson is a high profile individual and so everything he says can and will be latched onto and criticised. For the same reason's it's not OK for highly paid and 'praised' footballers or fringe political party figures to spout nonsense and think that's OK too. A lot of those also show themselves up to have less brains than a banana. He's a journalist by trade remember so courting controversy is something he's sort of trained to do. None of that is justification though, especially not for punching someone in the face because they couldn't get steak for dinner.
    Clarkson turned himself in for hitting the producer. I imagine he was quite inebriated when then incident took place. The guy obviously knows that he was in the wrong on that occasion.

As for people going on strike and needing to be shot, well that just shows how out of touch with the reality of most peoples lives he is. Some might agree with him but that doesn't mean others shouldn't strike or be allowed to do so without having idiots like him belittle their cause.
    See, this is what i don't get about it.

Clarksons comments were about the streets being blocked and him not being able to drive (or some stupid something or other). Not that people are stupid for protesting their rights. I believe he even said so after he made the comments...But i can't remember that was years ago.

It was a throw away comment that really should have bounced off people with any kind of backbone.

But it didn't, because the ethics scum got hold of the fact that he said people should be shot, and without even hearing what he said before or what context, they jumped on that as literal fact of intent or some stupid justification.

Since he's such a high profile person a lot of people who do like him take him totally seriously too, and then take anything he says and use it as an excuse to condescend someone else for no other reason than 'Clarkson said it', typical arshole behaviour. To some he is like a king because he does speak his mind but for a lot of others he's a dinosaur spouting ideas and opinions that really belong in the past. For me it's about having respect for one another and he's a prime example of the lack of respect only for reasons of raising his own public profile and expanding his already enormous ego.
    I don't think people take him seriously at all. He's been harping on about speeding cameras and motorbikes for a decade.

Lets not forget his pursuit of legalising personal firearms.

If he had any real weight there would be mass movements to get them all done.

You will now probably disagree but I wouldn't call myself a 'ethics warrior scum dirtbag'. That said I do have ethics and I'm sure you do too. You don't have to be an asshole to have a valid point because there are ways of doing things differently.

That is why I dislike Clarkson.
    I'm like Varsh. I do conduct myself in moderation, and i do have varying degrees of PC. But i don't begrudge someone simply for speaking. Nor do i impose my view on how something should be done on others just because its the way I do them. Clarkson is like a bulldog with no teeth. He rants and raves on about this and that and every one just laughs at him. BBK actually put it very eloquently.

Furthermore, i don't mince my words (as if it wasn't obvious). I honestly don't have time to listen to someone skirt every single politically incorrect scenario just to appease some $#@!wit who wants to panda to the masses and appear Just and Righteous. If there is something to be said, it is best that it be said, irrespective of if it hurts feelings or not and (importantly) even if i don't personally agree with what i need to say. Political correctness will be the death of free speech.

No jokes, i find it hilarious when grown ass adults use the phrase "hurt my feelings". What a pampered and sheltered life they must have lived.

Disclaimer:
    I feel i should add this to this post as it's 3 am and im tired as balls. I can't guarantee my post followed one cohesive train of thought...you have been warned
    Last edited by Fijiandoce; 2 Weeks Ago at 16:13.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    M4jorCyn1k
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    Furthermore, i don't mince my words (as if it wasn't obvious). I honestly don't have time to listen to someone skirt every single politically incorrect scenario just to appease some $#@!wit who wants to panda to the masses and appear Just and Righteous. If there is something to be said, it is best that it be said, irrespective of if it hurts feelings or not and (importantly) even if i don't personally agree with what i need to say. Political correctness will be the death of free speech.

No jokes, i find it hilarious when grown ass adults use the phrase "hurt my feelings". What a pampered and sheltered life they must have lived.

Disclaimer:
    I feel i should add this to this post as it's 3 am and im tired as balls. I can't guarantee my post followed one cohesive train of thought...you have been warned
    Fair enough, I do generally agree with what you say here, and yes, it's cohesive

My main problem I guess revolves around what you mean when you say
    Political correctness will be the death of free speech.
    because you do have a good point. The thing I find is it's a very fine line sometimes between being either too PC or just plain out of order and there is a tendency for a lot of people to 'jump on the bandwagon' all too easily either way and not being rational about things. The emotional response seems to be the one that makes headlines and is the discussion around the work or home coffee table. That's why I get annoyed by comments by people like him and in similar positions. Otherwise, it's all good

Goodnight and/or good morning!
    twitterings @posor

Forum Sage
    The whole people should be lined up and shot was completely a joke. I hated the hate he received for that.

He said something like the strikes are good because he will be able to drive on empty roads - then said - Oh right this is the BBC, I need to be balanced, they should all be lined up and shot (or something to that effect). But the media and people who feel the need to complain about every tiny thing they don't like, decided to completely disregard it was a jab at the overly forced impartiality of the BBC, nothing else.
    Last edited by darky89; 2 Weeks Ago at 19:24.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    to be fair, clarkson himself said there were no punches thrown..just pushin and handbags...either way, he gets my support. i, like him, don't do pc, so i appreciate that he speaks his mind. that is a rarity nowadays. $#@! the bbc anyway. he should take the show to sky. bang it on after the watershed on sky one, give him the budget to produce the normal 13 episode series, then sit back and enjoy.

reaper of souls
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    he is funny but maybe over steps the mark now and then! I dont mind him but i hate watching Top Gear now haha

Dedicated Member
    Items Final Fantasy IVAtlus
    Clarkson is like David Jaffe for Car shows he's a bloke who would speak his mind. Some stuff you may not like what he says I kinda agree Clarkson should get work elsewhere rather than through BBC. Despite even if he went back like the petitioners wanted him back it wouldn't work for Clarkson.
    Playing - Tales Of Graces F and The Last Of Us PS3
    Support Xenosaga HD by clicking the link below and sign the petition!
    https://secure.avaaz.org/en/petition...lobal_Release/

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    I think it's a given at this point that the show its done. Even if the BBC were to reinstate him, Clarkson clearly doesn't want to work for them anymore.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    I think it's a given at this point that the show is done. Even if the BBC were to reinstate him, Clarkson clearly doesn't want to work for them anymore.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Selected Members Council

PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    My interest in Top Gear has dwindled in the last few years so I don't even feel sad this could be the end! Massive loss for the BBC though as its one of if not the most popular shows they have on their books!
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

Twitch ID: http://www.twitch.tv/duffman041986/profile

My Youtube Gaming Channel - Now with commentary: Duffman Gaming

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
    My interest in Top Gear has dwindled in the last few years so I don't even feel sad this could be the end! Massive loss for the BBC though as its one of if not the most popular shows they have on their books!
    Same, the format has grown tired.

Thread Information