Apprentice

GTA V visual downgrades with v1.08

Learned of this via a NeoGAF thread

Last edited by parallax scroll; 03-26-2015 at 07:56.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    I guess they are going to sell 1.00 version as remastered in 2017!!! jk, but it is a big issue right? Since when it comes to GTA everything matters.
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList

Stop preordering games! Stop buying day1 games! Stop being idiots!

Apprentice

Worst part so far, it's changed the collision model so much that when you crash, almost no damage happens to your car.

Watch the video guys.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Parallax Occlusion flag could be broken. The texture is still the same. That would be my guess anyway.

R* may already have a hotfix in the works.

EDIT:
    Similarly, Euphoria provides GTA's physics engine with a large chunk of collision data, it too could have been bugged.

Just my guesses. To the best of my knowledge, performance wasn't an issue on either console, was it?
    Last edited by Fijiandoce; 03-26-2015 at 08:18.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Selected Members Council
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Wonder why they have done this then, game never ran slow for me.......
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

Twitch ID: Duffman041986

PSU Direct Email: adam.duffield@psu.com

My Youtube Gaming Channel - Now with commentary: Duffman Gaming

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Do Rockstar still own a minority share of euphoria? I long thought it would be a game changer across the industry. Might just be to labersome I guess?

Edit: Natural Motion - bought by zynga in 2014. Got it.
    Last edited by K2D; 03-26-2015 at 12:53.

Elite Sage

PSN ID
    Lymphatik
    There must be an explanation for that? Seems odd to have a downgrade on a game which came out last year.
    PC: i7-3930K | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3
    EVGA GTX 980Ti SC+ | Corsair AX1200i | RoG Swift | Corsair Obsidian 800D

Watercooling: EK-Bay Spin Reservoir | EKWB Supremacy | EKWB Titan X Acetal+Nickel
    360mm + 120mm Radiators | Liang D5 pump | Primochill tubing | Barrow Fittings

500GB Black PS4

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Cragvis View Post
    Car deformation is totally gone, either as a bug or they meant to do it.

I took a few cars, some of them mine, some of them off the street.

I then rammed them back and forth between two walls, making sure id at least get enough speed before hitting the walls to do some good damage.

Each car, I rammed front and back, each car had nothing more than scratches, and the fenders/bumpers falling off.

I spent about 10 minutes with each car, ramming back and forth till they started smoking and one of them even blew up just from that.

I also took some cars off the street into an ally, took out some melee weapons and started to bash all sides of the cars and each of the 4 corners of the cars.

I used baseball bats, hammers, axes, golf clubs, no matter how hard i tried, the best I could do were scratches.

previously even this would result in minor dents and slow deformation over time with each hit.

The games damage models are gone. Flat out gone.

If this is a bug, it needs to be fixed asap.

If this was intended, then i will no longer play the game and not buy the PC version when it comes out, as I was intending to.

Removing a core feature of a gta game, is beyond imaginable. Whats next? no more guns because the netcode causes too much bandwidth to their servers? Come on...
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=523

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    FonFahbre
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Must be a bug, an error of some sort. The game runs fine, it doesn't need any patches for performance.

Master Guru
    I saw elsewhere that if you start the game without a connection to the internet that car damage works fine. It appears there's a bug where single player damage is working like Online damage.

Was going to boot up and check some of the areas where the parallax occlusion stuff is noticeable to see the difference without a connection, but figure I'll check out this download first for 1.09, see if it fixes anything.

EDIT: I still see people saying damage is back, but I don't see it. I also don't see occlusion being back (my settings also disappeared).

It's a coincidence the two cars below are the same color and model, they are different ones, both being hit head on and at full speed with that big truck in the background.

For the most part, only a lost bumper, front fender, broken windows and small dents (though the one car had a busted tire). I never thought V had car damage to begin with, so can't really judge on that. But it's clear that with a big truck running full speed into that vehicle, don't expect any deformation.
    Last edited by Scheller; 03-26-2015 at 19:08.

Master Guru
    Bump for new info.

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc...cles/205228687

Question: After updating to Title Update 1.08 on PS4 and Xbox One, there appears to be a deterioration of graphical quality. Is Rockstar investigating this issue?

Answer: We are aware of some graphical issues on the Xbox One and PS4 versions of GTAV after the most recent Title Update, and we are investigating a fix now. If you would like to receive an automatic email notification as soon as there is more information, please log into the Support Site and click Subscribe at the top of this page.
    Hopefully this applies to vehicle damage and parallax occlusion.

Veteran
    Some are saying 1.09 released today fixes it, but I haven't checked.

Thread Information