Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    PSU Reviews Editor, Hit Series Creator
    PSN ID
    MelegantPrime

2015 Spring Cup Knockout Trophy Tournament

Welcome ladies and gentleman to the 2015 Spring Cup Knockout Trophy Tournament. I'm your host with the most, Skip Williams, with the doctor of trophinomics, Max Platinum, inviting you to join us live from the Tokyo Dome for the pre-game show. Come watch some of the best trophy hunters compete for the prestigious prize and gaming immortality!

This event is open to anyone. All you need to do is tell me your PSN username in a reply that will be used for bookkeeping for the event, and also be signed up to http://psntrophyleaders.com/leaderboard/main, which makes my bookkeeping a lot easier.

Format: All contestants will be randomly divided into equal groups. At the end of each round, the person in each group with the lowest score will be eliminated. When there is one person left in each group, they will all combine to form the championship group. Again, the lowest score each round will be eliminated until only one remains and will be crowned the winner.

If there is a tie then the person with the highest overall total will be the winner.

A day before the event starts, all contestants will be required to sync their trophy data to begin the baseline.

This event will be posted on both this forum and on www.ps3trophies.com for simulcasting. Will you compete for your glory or the glory of your site?

Prizes (Sponsored by PS3Trophies.com)
    1st Place: $100 USD
    2nd Place: $50 USD
    3rd Place: $20 PSN Card

Scoring (Standard Format)
    Platinum = 180 Points
    Gold = 90 Points
    Silver = 30 Points
    Bronze = 15 Points
    No modifiers depending on rarity.

Current Contestants (To Be Updated Til the Event Begins: Sunday April 5rd at 9pm KST)

G-I-JEZUS (PSU)
    Compalicious (PS3T)
    SplatterScoggs (PS3T)
    PS4Freak (PSU)
    GeneralTeddie (PS3T)
    Bangcrashboom (PS3T)
    Larrydavidsavatar (PS3T)
    Afroboy25 (PS3T)
    Brodit (PS3T)
    Abdizur87 (PS3T)
    HIT2MAN (PS3T)
    Feral (PS3T)
    Helyx (PS3T)
    Solid_Squirrel (PSU)
    Leenewbe (PSU)
    Faust (PS3T)
    Majarubi (PS3T)
    ReginaldX (PS3T)
    Javro_07 (PS3T)
    Weshouston (PS3T)
    Tai363 (PS3T)
    FerTerR (PS3T)
    Damage (PS3T)
    Allyshan (PSU)

Group A
    L33N3WB33
    GeneralTeddie
    Abdizur87
    Weshouston

Group B
    Afroboy25
    Feral
    HIT2MAN
    Faust

Group C
    G-I-JEZUS
    Damage
    Larrydavidsavatar
    FerTerR

Group D
    Allyshan
    Bangcrashboom
    Solid_Squirrel
    Compalicious

Group E
    Javro_07
    Helyx
    Majarubi
    PS4Freak

Group F
    Brodit
    ReginaldX
    Splatterscoggs
    Tai363

PSN ID
    G-I-JEZUS
    im soooo down yeman

PSN ID
    MelegantPrime
    Prizes added to the event

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    I'll enter for the sport of it lol. Don't expect much from me. PSN is lsutigers19.

Associate Editor
    PSN ID
    sonofvenom
    I'm cashing in my trophy briefcase for a shot at the Trophy Tournament Title. sonofvenom is the PSN.
    Here are some words in place of a snazzy sig.

PSN ID
    MelegantPrime
    Come on PSU, lots of spots still open. Free to sign-up.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    ZeroTheSquirrel
    Well hot damn throw my name into the hat
    I needed a reason to binge on some of my games

Without respect, we are but beasts of the field. If you don't hear someone out, then you know not your foe nor your friends.

PSN ID
    L33N3WB3
    sign me up, could be good reason to knock out some of my backlog.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    Good luck everyone

10. Likes Lasombra likes this post
    PSN ID
    MelegantPrime
    Quote Originally Posted by GazzaGSi View Post
    Good luck everyone
    The reigning champ will be passing up his crown. The field is now wide open. I hope you enjoy seeing the action, Gazza.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Man there are a lot of PS3T players here. Wish we could get some more PSU players. I'm really not going to get much, I just wanted to be involved in the competition.Lol

PSN ID
    MelegantPrime
    Quote Originally Posted by PS4freak View Post
    Man there are a lot of PS3T players here. Wish we could get some more PSU players. I'm really not going to get much, I just wanted to be involved in the competition.Lol
    Yes, where is the PSU contingent? Remember everyone, this is free. Nothing to lose to sign-up.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post
    The reigning champ will be passing up his crown. The field is now wide open. I hope you enjoy seeing the action, Gazza.
    Cheers Las, I'll be keeping an eye on it from the sidelines

15. Likes Lasombra likes this post
    PSN ID
    MelegantPrime
    Cheers Las, I'll be keeping an eye on it from the sidelines
    Are you interested in coming on a podcast later?

PSN ID
    G-I-JEZUS
    im gonna be streaming the majority of my gamings lol

18. Likes Lasombra likes this post

PSN ID
    snova34z
    this is going to be an interesting competition best of luck to all who enter my psn id is snova34z

PSN ID
    MelegantPrime
    Friendly reminder that registration closes in a couple hours. Please have your PSN synced in two hours please.

PSN ID
    MelegantPrime
    Groups are now live. They were made using a random number generator. The competition begins starting now. Good luck everyone. Pre-game commentary will be coming soon.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post
    Are you interested in coming on a podcast later?
    Yeah sure mate

PSN ID
    MelegantPrime
    2015 Spring Cup Pre-Game Show

Skip: Welcome ladies and gentleman to the 2015 Spring Cup pre-game show. Iím your host with the most, Skip Williams, and with me as always is the doctor of trophinomics, Max Platinum. 24 hunters enter the ring, but only one will exit as the champion of the competition that some consider to be an early gauge for Worlds.

Max: That is right, Skip, we have 24 top talent in this knockout format. No marathoning here. The chaff will be threshed out early, leaving the strong to battle. We have three group rounds to reduce each group of four to a single survivor. Then five more rounds until only one remains, our 2015 Spring Cup Champion!

Skip: 6 groupings of pure trophy madness is sure to bring our fans a lot of excitement and edge of your seat action. Let us break down the groups one-by-one and give you our picks. First up we have Group A featuring L33, GeneralTeddie, Abdi and Weshouston. This is the wildcard group, Max.

Max: Thats right, all of these guys come in as rookies to the environment. This is a pick-em group, Skip. Iíve talked to each competitor before the opening ding and Teddie seemed the most hungry of them all. I could see the trophy sparkle in his eyes. The others better be prepared because any little advantage, even in the mental game, could be the difference between winning and losing. In previous competition favorites have lost by a single bronze trophy, thus the harsh reality of the knockout format.

Skip: We should also remind our viewers that we are using the standard point structure, meaning all trophies earned give their default value.

Max: While not the marathon division where it is the land of the Hannah Montanas and trophy $#@!s, a well played Hannah Montana can win a round.

Skip: What is a Hannah Montana game, Max, for those new to the channel?

Max: It is a cheap and easy platinum that takes no time or skill involved. It is named after the game that started it all, Hannah Montana, the whoriest of all trophy games.

Skip: Moving on to group B it is the Aussie slugfest. Long time rivals Faust and Feral meet in what should be an exciting grouping. Veteran HIT2MAN joins rookie sensation Afroboy in what some critics are calling the group of death.

Max: Personally, I think our next group is the group of death but as you said, this one has a rivalry that knows no bounds. Feral is a veteran of these kind of tournaments, being on the LasFeralValentine707 team that made it to the semi-finals of the 2012 May Cup. He lost out to a team of Aussie brethren, and ever since then he has been known as the Aussie killer. I expect to see some big scores from this group nonetheless.

Skip: You said you picked group C as your group of death, and on paper it is a formidable group. You have an experienced marathoner in Damage, an established pro in Larrydavidsavatar, and two other high flyers capable of putting up big numbers in G-I-JEZUS and FezTerR. This is a bracket breaker for those playing along at home.

Max: Putting up big numbers like 1000 points in a round looks sexy for the viewers at home. Everyone wants to see a slugfest. This is a hard one to pick because they are all big number players going into a thinking manís format. Let us say I put up 1000 points and survive the first round. Great! But the points reset. What now? Do I have the stamina, that platinum will, to put up 1000+ points week after week? No, few do and this is where the fun of the knockout format comes from. Who will take a risk, hold back a little for a later round, and get knocked out for it? This is how upsets happen.

Skip: Group D is considered the weakest of the 6. Compalicious, a team format veteran, is joined by a trio of unknowns. Allyshan has been making a name for himself in recent months, but do any of the rookies have a shot at taking down the vet?

Max: Compalicious has the experience to win this group easily. She has been a part of many team knockout events, including the same event I mentioned Feral was a part of. Her adjustment comes from not having a teammate to back her up if she has a bad round. In a team format partners can prop you up as you work on a long-term plan, setting up trophies to ding in future rounds. This is all solo but I think she can adapt. If Allyshan goes down quickly, she should be able to breeze through the group.

Skip: Javro, Helyx, Majarubi and PS4Freak throw down the gauntlet in group E. There is not a lot of star power here but everyone is playing for the scouts and a contract.

Max: Right you are, Skip. All of them have to put on a good show for the scouts and managers. Worlds is coming up soon, as well as other team events. A lot of cash and fame is on the line for any of these hunters if they can have a breakout tournament. Helyx and Freak have been on a bit of a downward spiral recently, and because of that they will have the most incentive to do better. I interviewed Freak before the event and he said heíd try to do his best but I could see in the manís eyes that the gas tank is running dry. He has been traveling the world and spreading himself too thin in too many different events.

Skip: Our last group sees Brodit, Tai, Scoggs and Reginald square off in the battle of the casuals. We wanted to give the fans a chance to taste what it is like to be a pro hunter, with 3 of the 4 participants qualifying through a giveaway. Luck was with them as they were all grouped together through the random draw.

Max: Scoggs is the only pro in this pool, and on paper youíd want to give him the win right away. But all pros were casuals at some point in their life. I could think of no better way than to impress the world and the scouts than by beating a pro and winning your group. They literally have nothing to lose so a contract offer by even a smaller team, or even being on the TV, is a win. That said, Iím still going with experience. Without knowing anything about these guys, they could all be F-ranks, so Iíve got Scoggs making it to the next phase.

Skip: Youíve named one, who are the other five you think will advance?

Max: That is always the toughest question you ask me, Skip. Iíll be picking GeneralTeddie, HIT2MAN, Larrydavidsavatar, Compalicious, Helyx, and Scoggs to all advance to the round of six.

Skip: Any last insights before the round begins, Max?

Max: Get ready for a wild ride. The first round always has the potential to throw any and all analysis out of the window, and I expect there to be at least one early upset, despite my picks. It is the nature of the beast.

Skip: The time is counting down to zero, and soon we will be live here in the Tokyo Dome for the 2015 Spring Cup. I can see the contestants making their way to the stage. A mixture of enthusiasm, intensity, and apprehension cover their faces. This will certainly be an exciting round of top quality gaming action. You wonít get this in MLG. For Max Platinum, Iím Skip Williams saying good night, and good gaming.

24. Likes Solid_Squirrel, PS4freak likes this post
    Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Awesome commentary as usual Lasombra!

26. Likes Lasombra likes this post
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by PS4freak View Post
    Awesome commentary as usual Lasombra!
    Yup, brilliant and a great way to start it off

PSN ID
    MelegantPrime
    Yup, brilliant and a great way to start it off
    Thursday night KST I'm wanting to setup a Trophy chat stream. Do you have the Thursday morning off, Gazza?

Associate Editor
    PSN ID
    sonofvenom
    Aah, how I've missed the Skip and Max commentary. Great stuff Lasombra!
    Here are some words in place of a snazzy sig.

30. Likes Lasombra likes this post
    PSN ID
    MelegantPrime
    How is everyone's round so far?

Thread Information