Page 1 of 7 1 ... LastLast
    Apprentice
    Items Dragon Ball ZDr. DreBruce Lee

Why don't people post?

I'm not complaining or anything, I'm genuinely interested in this. I mean there's around 120 people viewing the PS4 subforum but the last post was 6 hours ago. It's strange because I get that most people come here just to read but we there's not many new threads to read nowadays.

So why do you think it's like this?
    Cash Rules Everything Around Me
    C.R.E.A.M.
    Get the money
    Dollar, dollar bill y'all

My OT's: The Language Thread and The Official PS4 Shoot 'Em Up Thread

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Quote Originally Posted by Tactical View Post
    I'm not complaining or anything, I'm genuinely interested in this. I mean there's around 120 people viewing the PS4 subforum but the last post was 6 hours ago. It's strange because I get that most people come here just to read but we there's not many new threads to read nowadays.

So why do you think it's like this?
    The forums seemed to be down for a bit.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Apprentice
    Items Dragon Ball ZDr. DreBruce Lee
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxi View Post
    The forums seemed to be down for a bit.
    Oh ok, I didn't know that. Even then in general the forums have been more dead than ever recently.
    Cash Rules Everything Around Me
    C.R.E.A.M.
    Get the money
    Dollar, dollar bill y'all

My OT's: The Language Thread and The Official PS4 Shoot 'Em Up Thread

Sonata Dusk
    Posts follow the flow of new information. There's nothing boiling in the gaming pot right now, so there's less to discuss. Bloodborne helped spike some discussion but that's mostly washed over now.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    chat box kills forums

6. Likes robvandam111, squirrelbo1 likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dj- View Post
    chat box kills forums
    The chatbox has like 5 members that use it. And it really isn't used all that much.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal View Post
    The chatbox has like 5 members that use it. And it really isn't used all that much.
    everytime someone use it. 1 less post or thread is made people think this site is "dead"

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    Posts follow the flow of new information. There's nothing boiling in the gaming pot right now, so there's less to discuss. Bloodborne helped spike some discussion but that's mostly washed over now.
    Yeah this new generation imo is the most lack luster start of any console generation yet. There just isn't anything to talk about except for the big game every once in a while.

Sonata Dusk
    Yeah, it's been pretty boring so far. :/

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Neogaf, comment fields, facebook, reddit, n4g, blogs. They all compete for our minutes of attention. The fact that some mobile app has me connected to the hip with the forums doesn't change that fact.

If you mean these past three weeks, then that's easy, it's been Easter.

Administrator and Visionary
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Quote Originally Posted by K2D View Post
    Neogaf, comment fields, facebook, reddit, n4g, blogs. They all compete for our minutes of attention. The fact that some mobile app has me connected to the hip with the forums doesn't change that fact.

If you mean these past three weeks, then that's easy, it's been Easter.
    This. Plus reddit. This is why my own personal opinion on the future has been about evolving what it means to be a forum into more of an activity HUB. When we get the new forum we'll be able to realise this. One such feature is a page that displays thumbnails of what members are streaming. Though this is just a small fraction of the HUB idea. A niche site like ours simply can't compete with the big boys on their turf anymore, we have to carve out our own.

Sent from my GT-I9000

chat box kills forums
    every time someone use it. 1 less post or thread is made people think this site is "dead"
    I agree.

Last edited by Max_Headroom; 04-12-2015 at 09:43.

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by K2D View Post
    Neogaf, comment fields, facebook, reddit, n4g, blogs. They all compete for our minutes of attention.
    They also all evolved beyond typical forum software which isn't popular to use anymore.

Community and Technical Manager
    PSN ID
    Cand3Js
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    Yeah, it's been pretty boring so far. :/
    Lots of factors, but this is a big one. It is a generation of delays and remasters. We should have a ton more games by now to talk about. We just don't.

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal View Post
    I posted something there the other day and it was still near the top of the box a day or two later.

The next few months should bring more posts, with the hype around E3 and then discussing the games afterwards. Currently there's just not much to talk about.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Lots of factors, but this is a big one. It is a generation of delays and remasters. We should have a ton more games by now to talk about. We just don't.
    Bingo.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    I agree with game count ,but new members can't blend here. I am sure this is the biggest problem. I try to be as good as I can to all but some dinos here are cold as ice.
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList

Stop preordering games! Stop buying day1 games! Stop being idiots!

19. Likes The Black Wolf likes this post
    Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by PS4freak View Post
    Yeah this new generation imo is the most lack luster start of any console generation yet. There just isn't anything to talk about except for the big game every once in a while.
    For sure. It feels like the buzz that was there last gen is gone. Plus last gen had such a crazy start. Everyone expected the PS3 to mop the floor with the 360 and it didn't, so created more interest. These consoles aren't all that much better than last gen's either. The excitement has just slowed down.

That and while i love these forums i just enjoy posting more over at the other forums i frequent. I wish i had enough time and will to post at both but most days i don't. Life happened.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    I don't think it's a valid excuse to say that gaming is just not as exciting anymore, since the top forums are getting more and more popular.

You could argue that PSU isn't necessarily a bad forum, but that the top forums are just going to exponentially increase their population, devouring all the members from the smaller sites.

22. Likes squirrelbo1 likes this post
    Community and Technical Manager
    PSN ID
    Cand3Js
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    I do think the lack of games is a factor, but certainly not the only one. Looking at internet discussion as a commodity, there is much more supply than demand.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    I don't think it's a valid excuse to say that gaming is just not as exciting anymore, since the top forums are getting more and more popular.

You could argue that PSU isn't necessarily a bad forum, but that the top forums are just going to exponentially increase their population, devouring all the members from the smaller sites.
    It's a valid excuse just not a sole excuse. We've been on the decline for some while with some promise here and there. Idk what it is honestly. You could be entirely right about the larger sites eating the competition .

Master Sage
    I do think the lack of games is a factor, but certainly not the only one. Looking at internet discussion as a commodity, there is much more supply than demand.
    The site is still very much a 90's look with pretty much everything that you see here -

http://www.psu.com/forums/forum.php

Kinda like how Windows slowly erroded away at DOS, people wanted the pretty.

Media Content Manager
    PSN ID
    kipkebab92
    It's a shame that the forums aren't that active these days.

Sadly enough, due to the lack of games for the current generation consoles, there's less to post about, even though the section about PS4 is still pretty active.

Not only that, but forums alike this are just slowly dying out. It hurts to say this, but it's true. This is a thing of the past I guess. People nowadays rather use things like Facebook, Twitter and such and even IF they would be interested in joining a forum, these days people don't want to care about making a forum account and all of that, they just want to use the info that's on another account (alike services these days often have Facebook logins as well).

Knowing our forums are going to change is good, hopefully it'll help our forums forwards as well.

chat box kills forums
    And where do you get this scientific fact from? The chatbox is not used that much.
    If you'd have a look at it, most of the chatbox is notifications such as "* Ghost has reached 13000 posts!* [14:17]"
    The few times the chatbox's being used by members, 99% of the time it's someone who's been around for a while on the forums, someone who'll just say a random thing, nonetheless it's mostly someone who is an active member upon the forums. The fact that they say something in chatbox doesn't mean 'that's one thread/post less made'.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    This. Plus reddit. This is why my own personal opinion on the future has been about evolving what it means to be a forum into more of an activity HUB. When we get the new forum we'll be able to realise this. One such feature is a page that displays thumbnails of what members are streaming. Though this is just a small fraction of the HUB idea. A niche site like ours simply can't compete with the big boys on their turf anymore, we have to carve out our own.
    Agreed, while this site/forum's definitely worth hanging around on, compared to Neogaf or N4G etc. the forums just don't compare anymore. Though, as you said Ghost, it'll be really nice to have the new forums with more eye for user content such as streaming. Seeing how 'sharing your game' has been a big point upon the current generation, this would definitely help out.

Yep, it's disappointing honestly and sad to say, but they simply released this generation too soon. There would've been more games if they would've waited a while longer and it would've been less quiet on the forums as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Shingo View Post
    I agree with game count ,but new members can't blend here. I am sure this is the biggest problem. I try to be as good as I can to all but some dinos here are cold as ice.
    Not sure why new users wouldn't be able to blend here. I can see that people aren't really interested in signing up and starting to post though, but blending in isn't necessarily too hard, seeing how it's all mostly about the same interests, so you definitely have something to talk about. It's just the matter of introducing yourself maybe and starting to post around, spending a little time on the forums, which, I guess, most people don't feel like doing anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post

It's not entirely an excuse. An excuse is trying to put the blame onto something else. While I agree there could be some improvements (which, don't forget, they're working on, which are the new forums!), there's still the fact that there's not much to talk about at the moment. Comparing PS3 with PS4 after being released for a while, PS3 had more games and thus there was more to talk about. Seeing how this is mostly a PlayStation forum and there's not that much/less to do with PlayStation at the current moment to generate some more content on the forums.

Selected Members Council
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Many different things can contribute towards the site being slow, but as long as us regulars keep coming back and supporting the site it shall always keep going! Just got to keep pulling those new people in and continue to be nice and polite to hopefully make them keep coming back!
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

Twitch ID: Duffman041986

PSU Direct Email: adam.duffield@psu.com

My Youtube Gaming Channel - Now with commentary: Duffman Gaming

This is the result in the U.K if you google PS4 forum, i hate the official site, PS4Forum seems to take ages to load pages and AVforums looks awful so here i am, others looking for a forum are unlikely to choose the fourth in the list if they are happy with one of the first three.

29. Likes MajorMajor likes this post

Thread Information