Blackscreen when starting PS3

--- English text below ---

Hallo,
    mein Problem ist, dass ich beim Start der Playstation nur einen schwarzen Bildschirm hab, der Ton geht aber. Sollte alles im Video erklärt sein. Link unterm' englischen Beitrag.
    Sorry für die schlechte Qualität, ist zwar mit 1080 Px aufgenommen, YouTube zeigt das aber nur bei 480 Px. Habs auf Englisch gemacht, ums auch in internationalen Foren hochladen zu können. Also entschuldigt mein schlechtes Englisch . Mein Bildschirm ist der acer V243HQ.
    Danke für die Hilfe.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys,

my problem is, that, when i start my PS3, the Screen stays black, but the audio works. Should be explained in the Video. Link below.

Sorry for the bad quality. My English isn't that good, please excuse me. My screen is the acer V243HQ.

Thanks for your help.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ94QK4EZJE

Since the PS3 works with HDMI to the TV, it means that there is nothing wrong with the PS3.

That leaves your monitor's input or the cable itself as probable causes. From experience I would believe the monitors input has gone bad, but getting a new cable to try would be cheaper to try.

Oh, I forgot to say, the monitor works perfect with my PC and I also have tried a new cable, won't work with that.

Quote Originally Posted by mintonnoodle View Post
    Oh, I forgot to say, the monitor works perfect with my PC and I also have tried a new cable, won't work with that.
    Is the PC connected to the same port on the monitor or a different one?

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    With the PS3 in standby (turned off), press and hold the 'power on' button, and wait for the second beep.

This will reset your Video output settings, which is likely set-up for your big TV. Hope that helps
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Try resetting the video settings of the PS3.

Turn PS3 off
    Press and hold power button on the PS3 until you hear the 2nd beep. Then let go.

If this does not work, then I suggest trying a different HDMI cable. The PS3 tends to be picky about HDMI cables.

************************************************** ****************************************

Versuchen Sie das Zurücksetzen der Video-Einstellungen des PS3.

Schalten PS3 off
    Halten Sie Netzschalter auf der PS3, bis Sie die 2. Signalton hören. Dann loslassen.

Wenn dies nicht funktioniert, dann schlage ich versuche einen anderen HDMI-Kabel. Die PS3 neigt wählerisch, HDMI-Kabel sein.
    Last edited by Lethal; 05-17-2015 at 14:43.

Quote Originally Posted by Lethal View Post
    Try resetting the video settings of the PS3.

Turn PS3 off
    Press and hold power button on the PS3 until you hear the 2nd beep. Then let go.

If this does not work, then I suggest trying a different HDMI cable. The PS3 tends to be picky about HDMI cables.

************************************************** ****************************************

Versuchen Sie das Zurücksetzen der Video-Einstellungen des PS3.

Schalten PS3 off
    Halten Sie Netzschalter auf der PS3, bis Sie die 2. Signalton hören. Dann loslassen.

Wenn dies nicht funktioniert, dann schlage ich versuche einen anderen HDMI-Kabel. Die PS3 neigt wählerisch, HDMI-Kabel sein.
    I have to say, I tried two HDMI cables, and a few weeks ago it worked fine with this one. Also reseting by holding the power button doesn't work, screen stays black.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Quote Originally Posted by mintonnoodle View Post
    I have to say, I tried two HDMI cables, and a few weeks ago it worked fine with this one. Also reseting by holding the power button doesn't work, screen stays black.
    Try using component or composite cables and see if that works.

Also try the PS3 on a different TV to see if the problem is the PS3 or the TV.

Thread Information