Anybody know how does ps3 controller work

my ps3 sixaxis controllers doesn't work correctly in games like heavy, heavenly sword. shaking thing right to left doesn't work at all. my question is how does sixaxis actually works? what part does shaking thing in ps3 controller?

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    GeorgeGianno
    How long do u have ps3 ?

"SOMA: Frictional Games Brings Sci-Fi Horror to PS4".

"Live Or Die,you decide who will survive"

Quote Originally Posted by Survival Horror View Post
    How long do u have ps3 ?
    for few months, why?

Community and Technical Manager
    PSN ID
    Cand3Js
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Are you saying the rumble isn't working? Sixaxis doesn't have rumble. You would have to buy a dualshock controller. If I am understanding your question correctly, that is.

formerly known as LeisureSuitLarry

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Are you saying the rumble isn't working? Sixaxis doesn't have rumble. You would have to buy a dualshock controller. If I am understanding your question correctly, that is.
    No. There is a part in Heavy Rain which you need to 'move whole controller to right direction' i don't actually now what it is called. games asks me to shake my whole controller up to down or right to left. up to down works barely but right to left no matter how hard i try game doesn't sense what am i doing.
    since my game and ps3 fully original i don't wanna give a change there is something about wrong the game. because i'm googling since yesterday some people have same issue. none of them could find any answers too. there is a possibility that my controller is fully working too, but there is no way to test it. i hope there is something wrong with the game, i made a bug search but i couldn't find anything. checked updates, don't know what to do.

Community and Technical Manager
    PSN ID
    Cand3Js
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Hmmm, seen a few references to this after googling. Seems you have to make sure you hold the controller parallel to the floor.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/93312...3669364?page=1

I had the same issue.

Basically hold the controller as you normally would when playing a game. When the motion appears to move the controller up and down, simply move your arms up and down while keeping your controller steady. No need to tilt your controller upright (L1/2,R1/2 buttons facing towards the ceiling).

When the motion appears to move side to side, simply keep your controller steady and move your arms from side to side.

This has helped me with the majority of QTE when prompted to shake the sixxaxis controller.
    http://community.eu.playstation.com/.../td-p/10207151

Just had this exact problem (actually found this post by googling for a solution) and I was about to delete and reinstall it, but then I got it to work. I usually hold the controller perpendicular to the ground (with it basically facing me). Try holding it parallel to the ground instead. It seems to register the shaking if it's in that position only. Hope that helps.
    Other than that.....sorry, no idea what it might be.

formerly known as LeisureSuitLarry

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Hmmm, seen a few references to this after googling. Seems you have to make sure you hold the controller parallel to the floor.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/93312...3669364?page=1

http://community.eu.playstation.com/.../td-p/10207151

Other than that.....sorry, no idea what it might be.
    Oh man, this makes me think back to those SIXAXIS days and so glad 99% of devs ditched the "feature". I can confirm there are instances where you feel like something is broken.

hey folks, bought new controller today and game is working now. looks like my old one was kinda broken, thanks for helping me

9. Likes Christopher likes this post

Thread Information