Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Community and Technical Manager
    PSN ID
    Cand3Js
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple

Batman: Arkham Knight on PC is a train wreck at launch (UPDATE: WB Pulled The Game)

http://www.polygon.com/2015/6/23/883...ight-pc-issues

The PC version of Batman: Arkham Knight isn't doing the game any favors, developer Rocksteady Studios confirmed today, following numerous reports from players of poor performance and frame rate issues.The frame rate is set to a locked 30 frames per second, although you can adjust that if you're willing to dig into the .ini files. The game is crashing for some players and stuttering for others; performance as a whole seems to be all over the board, no matter the power of your system.

Complaints about the game's performance have been flooding social media and the game's forums, and a few have made it to our tips line. Only 31 percent of the customer reviews on Steam are listed as "positive."

One user wrote this on Batman: Arkham Knight's Steam page:
    *sigh* where to start. It's 2015 and a game of this caliber is being locked at 30fps? While the option is editable. You have to go into the config to do it instead of the main menu. But that doesn't matter. The game is terribly optimized. whether it's 30 or 60fps. You'll get major framerate drops. A single GTX 970 isn't even enough to keep it at a stable 30fps. Which is complete ludicrous. Warner Brothers should be ashamed of releasing a game like this.

AMD has already released new optimized drivers for the game, and Steam "strongly recommends" you upgrade into that version of the software.

Rocksteady is aware of the issues and is working to fix them, according to the following message posted by a community manager on the game's official forums:
    We're aware that some users are reporting performance issues with the PC version of Batman: Arkham Knight. This is something that Rocksteady takes very seriously. We are working closely with our external PC development partner to make sure these issues get resolved as quickly as possible.
    We'll update this thread when we've got more info to share.

That makes it sound like the PC version of the game was outsourced to a third-party developer, although neither Rocksteady nor publisher Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment has specified the studio that handled the PC port. We've reached out to Warner Bros. for comment, and will update this article with any information we receive.

Sigh.....should have gotten the PS4 version.

formerly known as LeisureSuitLarry

Elite Sage

PSN ID
    Lymphatik
    Well, I took the cap off and ran the ingame benchmark.

Haven't started the game yet but I was expecting worse.
    I'll just C&P my reply in the official thread
    i7-3930K | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | 16GB Corsair Platinum DDR3 1866Mhz | ​Full Custom Watercooling
    6GB EVGA GTX 980Ti SC+ | Corsair AX1200i | ​2560x1440 144Hz Asus Rog Swift | Corsair Obsidian 800D |
    Windows 8.1

500GB PS4 aka DestinyBox

Administrator
    PSN ID
    BrandonJBX
    Well ... that's pathetic.

"Love the life you live, and live the life you love." ~ Bob Marley

Sonata Dusk
    And this is why torrents are good. Why should anyone support a company's product when it's completely anti-consumer? The developers weren't somehow ignorant of these issues yet they chose to launch the game anyway. Look at this $#@! performance and all the scummy DLC being tacked onto the game. Disgusting.

5. Likes HellsJester likes this post
    PSN ID
    Cand3Js
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    I bet Steam is getting swarmed with refund requests.

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Not surprising. The devs are focusing more and more on consoles first because that is where the money is and pc just getting outsourced or a very low budget to make the game for it. Which is odd since the games are made on pc lol.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Well, this is what happens when you develop using Unreal 3....should have known better

Pretty poor showing, though not entirely unsurprising considering console was the target, foremost. I wonder if it will get a DX12 patch since it's so close? That could help with performance...god knows they can't be bound by game logic....Arkham is barren and devoid of any 'living' human who isn't lined up for an ass-whoopin >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    And this is why torrents are good. Why should anyone support a company's product when it's completely anti-consumer? The Publishers weren't somehow ignorant of these issues yet they chose to launch the game anyway. Look at this $#@! performance and all the scummy DLC being tacked onto the game. Disgusting.
    This is the more correct way of criticising. If developers had their way, they'd never launch a game ever. They'd work on it indefinitely.

Also, apparently, WB sourced a small 12 man team to do the port job. Not Rocksteady.

I'm jus' sayin'; point blame at the correct people.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Sonata Dusk
    It doesn't change the point I made. It's a small clerical error intended for the target responsible.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    It doesn't change the point I made. It's a small clerical error intended for the target responsible.
    It's surprising considering WB are so new the the whole 'Video Game Publishing' business. They must have a very aggressive business model to be pulling what they're pulling right now....which is to say; doing what the old fat publishers (EA, Activision, Sega) are doing with DLC.

To Warner bro's credit, at least Batman wasn't made as an online centric title where pushing DLC would be easier...
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

PSN ID
    Cand3Js
    Quote Originally Posted by BBK.. View Post
    I'll just C&P my reply in the official thread
    I made the ini file change and updated to AMD's latest beta drivers. Seems to be playing ok for me. I'm getting between 30-40 FPS on normal settings. Not great, but playable. No crashes....yet. fingers crossed.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    Such a shame it's been released in this state having read nothing but positive reviews for it (guessing console reviews). The real end users have shown their true opinion of the game for PC and it's beyond a joke now the state some games get released in whether it be console or PC.

13. Likes Christopher likes this post
    PSN ID
    Cand3Js
    yeah...folks just want a working damn game. PC...console....whatever. Is that really such a chore?

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Really does not surprise me. I have had too many issues playing games on my PC. This is why I choose home consoles as my primary gaming source.

Sure the PC games can look better, but in most cases they just don't run properly. My experiences of course.

Master Poster

Just wanted to drop in after i finally got a stutter free setting,
    MaxFPS=120.00000 | tried 60 v-sync/no v-sync didn't work started to lock up
    TextureResolution=2 | not sure if this helped anything and haven't tried variations with it set to 1 but after i got the game smoothed out i didnt want to fiddle with it more

Shadows set to Normal in game options

also redownloaded and installed the nvidia drivers through geforce experience

v-sync on | having v-sync off caused some stutter and ended up just locking up for 2-3 seconds

its 30fps I know but everything runs smooth now and is playable, even in batmobile no sudden drops or skipping

this is on
    i5-2400
    gtx 980
    8GB

running at 1440p using a DS4
    all gameworks nvidia settings set to on
    Last edited by maltrophstitan; 1 Week Ago at 07:51.

Elite Sage

PSN ID
    Lymphatik
    I'll give this a go tonight. I only ran the benchmark then played another game. I'm in no rush to play this game though so I can wait.

Still I'll never understand why a developer would lock a games frame-rate on PC. I expected this from Japanese developers, but certainly not western ones.
    i7-3930K | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | 16GB Corsair Platinum DDR3 1866Mhz | ​Full Custom Watercooling
    6GB EVGA GTX 980Ti SC+ | Corsair AX1200i | ​2560x1440 144Hz Asus Rog Swift | Corsair Obsidian 800D |
    Windows 8.1

500GB PS4 aka DestinyBox

Wibbly Wobbly
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    But PC masterrace....
    Be Together - Not the same.

19. Likes Lethal likes this post
    Elite Sage

PSN ID
    Lymphatik

Batman: Arkham Knight on PC is a train wreck at launch

Quote Originally Posted by Admartian View Post
    But PC masterrace....
    Normal service will be resumed once the game is up and running

I should know better than to give into trolling posts but I never learn.
    Windows 8.1

500GB PS4 aka DestinyBox

Administrator and Visionary
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    That's a shame and a lil surprising seeing as DF just gave a glowing review of the game's performance on PS4. Hopefully it gets resolved soon.

Sent from my GT-I9000

Sonata Dusk
    Apparently the performance issue is largely caused by the DRM it had. It actively unpacks and encrypt the game's data from storage to memory. It bloats RAM and CPU usage unnecessarily. Warner Brothers has released a statement saying it's to ensure PC gamers experience the game the same was as the console players do.

What a load of corporate $#@!.

Wibbly Wobbly
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by BBK.. View Post
    Normal service will be resumed once the game is up and running

I should know better than to give into trolling posts but I never learn.
    You're being too sensitive.

The amount of "hurrdurr your console is puny" posts on the internet trumps anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    That's a shame and a lil surprising seeing as DF just gave a glowing review of the game's performance on PS4. Hopefully it gets resolved soon.

Sent from my GT-I9000
    That's cos XB1/PS4 owners aren't pirating little $#@!s.

Be Together - Not the same.

Elite Sage

PSN ID
    Lymphatik
    It's unusual to see PC multi-platform titles failing to match up to their console equivalents - Xbox One and PS4 are based on PC technology, after all - but in Batman: Arkham Knight we have a rare example. Having tested the PC game on a Intel Core i7 3770K machine, with 16GB of memory and a GTX 780 Ti, a solid all-round experience should be within easy reach. In reality, performance levels are poor with this setup, and to throw salt into the wound, the PC's top tier settings miss out on visual effects found in the PlayStation 4 release.
    Ouch....

They done messed up
    Windows 8.1

500GB PS4 aka DestinyBox

Sonata Dusk
    In what may be a noteworthy scene in gaming history, the PC version of the game has been pulled and can no longer be purchased through digital retailers.

After the release and PR train wreck Warner Brothers decided to pull the plug. This fiasco is an excellent example of the benefit of Steam refunds. Gamers have spoken with their voices and their wallets.

p.s. I edited the title to update with this news. Hope you don't mind, Chris.
    Last edited by Nerevar; 1 Week Ago at 05:36.

26. Likes Christopher likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    BrandonJBX
    Maybe they'll release a finished product next time.

"Love the life you live, and live the life you love." ~ Bob Marley

Elite Sage

PSN ID
    Lymphatik
    Not seen a game pulled since WarZ.
    Windows 8.1

500GB PS4 aka DestinyBox

PSN ID
    Cand3Js
    Thanks, Nerevar. Glad you did. Never heard of a game this big being pulled. It is a good thing, but still not excusable that WB let this happen. Just a joke.

Thread Information