Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
    Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style

Time glitches, the universe, strange happenings, dimensions, discuss it here.

I will continue this discussion here on this topic.... but if you have other things to discuss, please do so.

Quote Originally Posted by jj03 View Post
    when i first met my wife, i took her shopping in crawley. on the way back, via the train, we were waiting on the platform. it was a sunny saturday afternoon, and the platform was full of people waiting to board the train. the announcer said the train was incoming, so everybody moved forward to get ready to board. watching the train just come in, we, and everybody else walked forward, except it wasn't there. it was still coming round the bend in the track. i cannot explain what i saw, but i didn't mention it to the wife till we got on the train and sat down. my wife experienced the same thing, and we spoke to others who also could not explain wtf happened. call it a time glitch or whatever, but its still as fresh to me today as it always has been thought about it alot over the years...just cannot explain it at all.
    That is like what happened when I was much younger. It was as I said earlier in another topic. My sister dropped a glass, but midway through the fall, the glass shattered as if it hit the floor, but it didn't hit the floor. Every now and then we talk about it, but it was almost like you said, a time glitch.
    Last edited by Bigdoggy; 07-13-2015 at 22:36.

El Presidente
    I'm not sure what to think of that. Seems far fetched to me.

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Sonata Dusk
    You remember it incorrectly, most likely. An item falling from someone's hand leaves very little time to pay attention and focus on the exact details. The glass would shatter outwards and also upwards. It happened so fast it blended together from your perception.

Notice these 'time glitches' never happen in any sort of obvious way? It's always something quick-moving, often happening where your brain has little time to properly process the scene.

That, or we're all in the Matrix.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    I don't think Ive experience time glitches, but hell Ive had dejavu so real at times I freak myself out.
    It just creeps up on you, you suddenly think, I remember this, with this exact situation, hell I dreamed this?

Master Sage
    I'm sure we've all experienced time either slow down or speed up before, which thereby means time isn't static.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    I need time to slow the hell down when I go on Vacation next week. ALLLLLLL the way down.

$Greatness$ Awaits™

7. Likes Ezekiel likes this post
    Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    I've been getting A LOT of Deja Vu's for the last few years. Not literally every day, but enough times to remember them. It's kinda scary and cool.

Selected Members Council
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    I have seen things happen in my head then actually happen for real exactly as I saw them a few weeks later! Not anything like next weeks lottery numbers or a major world event just little things like meeting someone I have never seen before or being in a place I have never been. Heard of other people having these experiences so it seems quite common place but it's definitely not deja vue because it's things that haven't happened yet, strange but true (loved that program, think only UK people will know what I'm on about)
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

Twitch ID: Duffman041986

PSU Direct Email: adam.duffield@psu.com

My Youtube Gaming Channel - Now with commentary: Duffman Gaming

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    I once wanted to play a video game for a bit, but then it suddenly was 5am. Weird.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
    I have seen things happen in my head then actually happen for real exactly as I saw them a few weeks later! Not anything like next weeks lottery numbers or a major world event just little things like meeting someone I have never seen before or being in a place I have never been. Heard of other people having these experiences so it seems quite common place but it's definitely not deja vue because it's things that haven't happened yet, strange but true (loved that program, think only UK people will know what I'm on about)
    That's Deja vu Duff

Mine I can track back to dreams I've had.

Selected Members Council
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    That's Deja vu Duff

Mine I can track back to dreams I've had.
    That's something that has happened in the past though isn't it? These are things that have yet to happen.......
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

Twitch ID: Duffman041986

PSU Direct Email: adam.duffield@psu.com

My Youtube Gaming Channel - Now with commentary: Duffman Gaming

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
    That's something that has happened in the past though isn't it? These are things that have yet to happen.......
    Nope, de ja vu is a feeling you've been in the event before, its not that you have been here before. Thats just experience or same $#@! different day lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sonata Dusk
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitbydeath View Post
    I'm sure we've all experienced time either slow down or speed up before, which thereby means time isn't static.
    Time isn't static, but it's not going to arbitrarily reverse to randomly spook you.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    Time isn't static, but it's not going to arbitrarily reverse to randomly spook you.
    Unless of course

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitbydeath View Post
    Yeah, I once dropped my ice cream and time slowed down.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Elite Sage

PSN ID
    Lymphatik
    When my friend kicked a football which hit me in the face I'm sure it felt like a life time before it hit me square in the face. It's like I had time to realise the trajectory and think "this is going to hurt" but I ran out of time to move.

I am neo.

TapaTalking from my Mind.
    PC: i7-3930K | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3
    EVGA GTX 980Ti SC+ | Corsair AX1200i | RoG Swift | Corsair Obsidian 800D

Watercooling: EK-Bay Spin Reservoir | EKWB Supremacy | EKWB Titan X Acetal+Nickel
    360mm + 120mm Radiators | Liang D5 pump | Primochill tubing | Barrow Fittings

500GB Black PS4

18. Likes Lebowski likes this post
    Master Guru
    You remember it incorrectly, most likely. An item falling from someone's hand leaves very little time to pay attention and focus on the exact details. The glass would shatter outwards and also upwards. It happened so fast it blended together from your perception.

Notice these 'time glitches' never happen in any sort of obvious way? It's always something quick-moving, often happening where your brain has little time to properly process the scene.

That, or we're all in the Matrix.
    no, because even my sister saw the same thing and we both looked at each other after that happened. When an items falls from a persons hand that is standing up and shatters mid-fall with pieces falling down....nope I didn't remember it incorrectly and I know she didn't since we both saw the same exact thing. It shatter, almost like a minor pop sound before it hit the ground.

If a time glitch happens, it would be fast anyway. Usually when weird glitches happen with electronics, it can be due to pressing certain buttons to fast, sometimes when turning on your car, you do it so fast in a way to release the key which results in the car running funny. We both know what we saw.

There are other instances of things such as falling. When you fall, it feels like forever before you hit the ground and this odd length of feeling time only happens with the severity of the fall. O.O The worse the fall is, the slower time feels. pretty crazy.

Sonata Dusk
    You're right. Time was having a giggle at your expense. That's the obvious explanation.

Master Sage
    Yeah, I don't believe in reversing time but not being static opens other possibilities of manipulation.

Sonata Dusk
    Such as?

Master Sage
    Such as?
    Slowing down and speeding it up. Something causes it we just don't know what.

Sonata Dusk
    But we do actually understand the way time works. Einstein figured it out a century ago with the Theory of General Relativity. Spacetime stretches to accommodate local reference points in regards to the speed of light.

Here's a simplepedia article explaining the process.

El Presidente
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdoggy View Post
    no, because even my sister saw the same thing and we both looked at each other after that happened. When an items falls from a persons hand that is standing up and shatters mid-fall with pieces falling down....nope I didn't remember it incorrectly and I know she didn't since we both saw the same exact thing. It shatter, almost like a minor pop sound before it hit the ground.

If a time glitch happens, it would be fast anyway. Usually when weird glitches happen with electronics, it can be due to pressing certain buttons to fast, sometimes when turning on your car, you do it so fast in a way to release the key which results in the car running funny. We both know what we saw.

There are other instances of things such as falling. When you fall, it feels like forever before you hit the ground and this odd length of feeling time only happens with the severity of the fall. O.O The worse the fall is, the slower time feels. pretty crazy.
    I think the falling part can be attributed to how the person feels at the time. I think it has to do with when you're falling and it's potentially painful or even fatal fall your life 'flashes before your eyes' as they say. It feels like a long time falling becasue so many thoughts are going through your head. You must have been falling for a long time, how else could you get through so many thoughts? Just sit and think for a few seconds. You can get through a lot in your head in a short amount of time.

It feels like forever giving a presentation and you just want it done. That doesn't mean that time slows for you. Without any hard evidence I can't believe that a glass completely shattered before hitting something solid. Unless the glass is so incredibly cheap and flimsy that it just falls to pieces.

Sent from 2000ft under the crust

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by podsaurus View Post
    I think the falling part can be attributed to how the person feels at the time. I think it has to do with when you're falling and it's potentially painful or even fatal fall your life 'flashes before your eyes' as they say. It feels like a long time falling becasue so many thoughts are going through your head. You must have been falling for a long time, how else could you get through so many thoughts? Just sit and think for a few seconds. You can get through a lot in your head in a short amount of time.

It feels like forever giving a presentation and you just want it done. That doesn't mean that time slows for you. Without any hard evidence I can't believe that a glass completely shattered before hitting something solid. Unless the glass is so incredibly cheap and flimsy that it just falls to pieces.

Sent from 2000ft under the crust
    I'm not saying time slows, it's just one of those things. While we can understand it, it doesn't make it any less weird.

As for the glass, I don't know what else to tell you. lol

But we do actually understand the way time works. Einstein figured it out a century ago with the Theory of General Relativity. Spacetime stretches to accommodate local reference points in regards to the speed of light.

you will never know unless you travel at that speed to really understand if space does stretch with time. Wasn't that Einstein theory of general relativity? Not that I don't believe it, but it is still a theory even today. While there are studied facts for it beforehand, the outcome is still based on theory as in *well, in theory*. we all know this, but since it's the closest thing that we can comprehend. I can't say it's wrong, but I won't dismiss that there are possibly other happenings that can happen.

They say, if you travel at the speed of light or even faster (lets just imagine) that even in 2 minutes of our time, it could possibly turn into 20, 100, or 200 years ahead of time when we finally slow down. That could be possible but I do believe that is still in the basis of a theory and not an actual fact. While the building blocks of before were used to create that theory, it's still just that, a theory. lots of odd things and happenings out there.

Here's one, out of all the different types of matter there are in the universe, there is a very specific type of matter called strange matter. When it gets close to things, it basically turns them into sludge or mud. Quite odd isn't it? what you see as being strange or not believable, when the questions are answered even for things that aren't believable, they do tend to make sense. Sometimes, however, they are just a mystery and hopefully we figure them out.
    Last edited by Bigdoggy; 07-15-2015 at 00:29.

Master Sage

I wasn't aware this applies to how we experience time as well. So lower gravity climates should make time slow down and higher gravity speeds it up, so the glitches come from an imbalance.

Thread Information