PSN ID
    Lv11Qadri

Are the best PS2 games available on PS3?

Hi there,

I have recently been looking into buying a PS3 and after a lot of searching I have come to the conclusion that finding the right model is very difficult.

On the one hand I absolutely adore the look of the PS3 Super Slim, but it only supports BC for PS1 games (which is absolutely fine as I would love to play through a lot of my childhood games again).

And on the other hand the original 60GB model is the only one that supports PS1 and PS2 game BC in the UK. But the cost of fully functioning and high quality systems, sometimes rival those of used PS4s.

What I want to know is simply. I didn't have a PS2 and I missed out on many exclusive games as a result. Were the best one's remastered for the PS3 and are there many available on the PSN store as digital downloads?

I am talking purely about exclusive games here. I played most of the generations best multiplat games across my Xbox, Gamecube and PC.

Dedicated Member
    the psn store carries ps2 and ps1 classics, including exclusives. not all exclusives would be available for purchase but many of them are. depends on what games you are exactly looking for. on the us psn store, the ps2 games generally go for 9.99 usd.

Quote Originally Posted by rene2kx View Post
    the psn store carries ps2 and ps1 classics, including exclusives. not all exclusives would be available for purchase but many of them are. depends on what games you are exactly looking for. on the us psn store, the ps2 games generally go for 9.99 usd.
    Thanks for the details about it. I have a question here. Is it also available at Amazon?
    Last edited by Moseng; 3 Weeks Ago at 08:40.

Master Guru
    If you can't get the classics through the PSN store there are a lot of remasters for the PS3. Like the FFX/X-2 remaster, Metal Gear Solid collection, the God of War collection, Ratchet & Clank, Silent Hill, and others. Basically, you won't miss out on much. Sony covered their bases.

Not to mention Splinter Cell 1, 2 & 3! The old Splinter Cell games were the best.

TDbank24, with the Metal Gear Solid collection, does that include the very first MGS on PS1?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And Ico/Shadow of Colossus. Also remastered/ported.

Thread Information