Selected Members Council
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim

PS Plus: New 'Vote to Play' Feature Leaks Prematurely!

Breaking news from the pages of IGN:

Sony may be set to introduce a new feature allowing you to vote on games you'd like to see in each month's set of free PlayStation Plus titles.

NeoGAF user El_Cinefilo discovered a video while browsing the "What's New" section of his PS4 in the UK going into detail about a new "Vote to Play" feature.

According to the video, gamers will be given a choice of three games to choose between, and the one that receives the most votes will be offered free as part of PS Plus the following month, while the other two will be discounted.

"An exciting way to have your say on what you'd like to play next through PlayStation Plus," the video apparently explains. "While voting is open you will be able to check which tiles are receiving the most votes or change your own vote at any time. Then the votes will be counted and the chosen game will be available as part of the PS Plus monthly games the following month. If your favourite game wasn't chosen it will be available to be purchased with a PS Plus discount"

Interestingly, one of the three games listed in the demo video was Grow Home - a Ubisoft title that's currently only available on PC. Armello, on the other hand, recently got a PS4 release date in September. Could that be when we see the feature launch?
    Sounds like a great idea if it's true and might intice a few more people to join the service, watch this space.......
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

Twitch ID: Duffman041986

PSU Direct Email: adam.duffield@psu.com

My Youtube Gaming Channel - Now with commentary: Duffman Gaming

Media Content Manager
    PSN ID
    kipkebab92
    Before: "Boooo PS+ has $#@! games!"
    After: "Booooo PS+ didn't have the games I voted for!"

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by WaxWeazle View Post
    Exactly! Lol

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PS4freak View Post
    Exactly! Lol
    totally

Even so, personally I think it's a great idea.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Yeah I like the idea too. At least we will have some say in their choices. Instead of the usual coin toss.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    sounds too good to be true.
    hope they don't put any shooters in the pool, or I am gonna hate.
    (•_•)
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList

Stop preordering games! Stop buying day1 games! Stop being idiots!

Super Elite
    Items User name style
    Seen the video in the "What's New" section earlier too, interesting idea but not sure what to think about it yet.

The majority of people are going to vote for the more recognizable games and unfortunately I probably already have the game or have no interest in it. PS+ to me has been amazing because it gives me games that I wouldn't normally even look at. I know for a fact that had Rocket League, Dust:An Elysian Tail or Transistor not been free I never would have tried them out. All three turned out to be amazing experiences that I will always remember. Hopefully things won't change too much, I still want my hidden gems!
    Click HERE for my Videos

8. Likes Mönk likes this post
    Master Sage
    Blog has posted officially about it now.

Here at PlayStation, we always welcome your feedback and work really hard to bring your requests and suggestions to life wherever possible. With that in mind, I’m excited to announce a new PlayStation Plus feature that literally puts the choice in your hands – Vote to Play.

With this new feature, we’re asking PlayStation Plus members to vote on one of several great as-yet unreleased PlayStation 4 (PS4) games to be included in the upcoming month’s game line-up.

The game with the most votes will automatically be included in our future monthly games line-up. But don’t worry if your pick doesn’t quite make the cut. In the first promotion, you can purchase the runners-up at a discounted price exclusive to PlayStation Plus members.

To be clear, Vote to Play will not be a monthly feature, but will take place at regular intervals throughout the year. We love to listen to our members – and we’re really excited to launch this new exclusive feature. We hope you enjoy it!

We’ll have more details for you soon on when voting begins, what titles will be up for voting, and how you can cast your vote.

If you don’t already have a PlayStation Plus account and would like to learn more about the benefits of the service, such as the monthly games, access to online multiplayer on PS4, exclusive member discounts, cloud game saves and more, click here.
    http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/...ote-to-play-2/

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    maybe this vote to play feature will only be when there are going to be PS+ games that are bigger or in better terms, not indie. For example, Knack, infamous, another game and whichever wins the poll/vote will be the free game.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    This is quite possibly the worst idea they could of came up with. Just look at how steam's summer/winter sales have gone in the past.

I'd give it a chance, of course, but if I start losing out on games - assuming this comes to NA - cause other jackasses pick the lame games than I'd honestly think of cancelling PS+ for once.
    Last edited by Fenix; 23 Hours Ago at 02:47.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Fallout4HorizonDeusExMDUncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: Feb 2008 - Jun 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: Jun 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: Nov 2013 - Present
    PSVita: Dec 2013 - Present

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
    Breaking news from the pages of IGN:

Sounds like a great idea if it's true and might intice a few more people to join the service, watch this space.......

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    What's bull$#@! about it? Don't really see an issue here. Initial issue I have is its not monthly Or possibly votes not going the way you want. But you never had control over it in the first place so.

Forum Sage
    What's bull$#@! about it? Don't really see an issue here. Initial issue I have is its not monthly Or possibly votes not going the way you want. But you never had control over it in the first place so.
    It was a joke playing off of WaxWeazle's post.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    It was a joke playing off of WaxWeazle's post.
    Lol well i guess I fudged that up. My bad.

From the Ashes Thee Administrates

PSN ID
    BrandonJBX
    Lol well i guess I fudged that up. My bad.
    We still love you.

"Love the life you live, and live the life you love." ~ Bob Marley

17. Likes PS4freak likes this post
    Administrator and Visionary
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    We still love you.
    We do?......oh yeah, we do!

OT, this isn't so bad. I assumed this is more about which order we get them in but the fact that the other titles are sold at discount debunks that. At least it's only every few months.

Sent from my GT-I9000

19. Likes PS4freak likes this post
    Selected Members Council
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Well Sony have confirmed this feature now, not sure when it comes into effect though.........
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

Twitch ID: Duffman041986

PSU Direct Email: adam.duffield@psu.com

My Youtube Gaming Channel - Now with commentary: Duffman Gaming

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Im usually for voting for things but after Steam Greenlight im not so sure anymore. Some people mentioned "What if a lame game wins?" Well what if i wanted Knack for free? I dont care what you think i thought Knack was a decent game. Even the best games have their haters. I go on Gaf and see too many people hating on The Last of Us which was my game of the generation. Also who said we will even get worthwhile nominees to vote for? What if all the games we have the option to vote for are "lame"? So i will say im against this idea.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    Since they are doing once in 3 month or so, they seem like they have same worries as u HJ. They may longer the interval if things goes not as expected.
    (•_•)
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList

Stop preordering games! Stop buying day1 games! Stop being idiots!

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    I don't really see what the negativity is towards this. So you get to vote on 3 games of their choosing. Before you got 1 with no input whatsoever. If the game you wanted didn't get picked, well welcome to ps plus. It's always worked that way. You might get stuck with a game you have no interest in playing. That very thing happened this month to me. At least now I have the option to try and get something I want instead of being at Sony's mercy.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HellsJester View Post
    Some people mentioned "What if a lame game wins?"
    Everyone always has an opinion. One person's great game isn't always the same as anothers of course. That's not really a valid criticism from where I'm reading.
    I go on Gaf and see too many people hating on The Last of Us...
    Well then they are completely over-entitled morons, no question. I would ignore their opinion because from that kind of statement they don't know what they're talking about. There's not one good reason to hate TLoU, not one at all
    Also who said we will even get worthwhile nominees to vote for? What if all the games we have the option to vote for are "lame"?
    Well if, in your opinion, the games on offer are all lame then it wouldn't matter because before they had a choice they were just getting lame games anyway. At least people will be given a choice! Which they never had before!!! Ungrateful idiots, really. It just doesn't stop does it

Master Sage
    Important to remember that unlike Steam the voting is restricted.
    Only PS+ members can vote so you should *mainly* see differing opinions rather than people wanting to be dicks.

Thread Information