Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style

Mad Max - Stronghold Trailer

I'm still very much interested in this game but I can't give them full price for a game that's going to be $40 or less a few weeks after release. It hardly has any buzz at all. This game is going to get crushed by metal gear on Sept 1st.

Selected Members Council
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    I'm still not sure about this game, like you say I think it will be overshadowed by Metal Gear and probably not sell extremely well at the start! Think I shall wait to see what the reviews say and if it's pretty decent pick it up in the bargain bin a few weeks down the line!
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

Twitch ID: Duffman041986

PSU Direct Email: adam.duffield@psu.com

My Youtube Gaming Channel - Now with commentary: Duffman Gaming

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    It could do well, you never know. The movie was INCREDIBLY well received and donned the best action movie of all time by numerous reviews and audience. I'm not gonna get it cause I'm broke and already pre-ordered MGSV, but I WILL buy it because I $#@!ing love Mad Max. Fury Road also comes out on September 1st. Def getting that.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    HitMan00
    this game got alot of promise, but the release date is bad timing. They should of release this in the summer

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    expecting game anytime now (next hour or so). can't wait . mgs gonna have to take a backseat for a while...

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    M4jorCyn1k
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    I...I can't give them full price for a game that's going to be $40 or less a few weeks after release. It hardly has any buzz at all.
    I think you're right. Sounds a lot like Lords of the Fallen in that respect, to me.
    I reserve the right to change my mind without prior notice.

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    It's kind of a bad attitude. I'm not judging, it's your right to get the best deal. It just sounds like they don't deserve the full $60 just because it won't sell as much as one of the big boys.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    M4jorCyn1k
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxi View Post
    It just sounds like they don't deserve the full $60 just because it won't sell as much as one of the big boys.
    It's not that it won't sell as much as one of the big boys Naxi and he can strike whatever attitude he likes. He's more than likely right too I'd say. Let's wait and see what the reviews say but this never looked much of an accomplished game to me either.

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    It's not that it won't sell as much as one of the big boys Naxi and he can strike whatever attitude he likes. He's more than likely right too I'd say. Let's wait and see what the reviews say but this never looked much of an accomplished game to me either.
    I didn't say he wasn't allowed to, I won't get it immediately as well since I'll have other things to play. He just said that he can't give them full price since it'll go down in price due to low sales, and the low sales is probably because of that attitude. I'll say it again, I'm not judging, I'm not buying it day 1 either.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    M4jorCyn1k
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxi View Post
    I didn't say he wasn't allowed to, I won't get it immediately as well since I'll have other things to play. He just said that he can't give them full price since it'll go down in price due to low sales, and the low sales is probably because of that attitude. I'll say it again, I'm not judging, I'm not buying it day 1 either.
    Fair enough Naxi. Personally speaking I'd say any low sales are in fact due to people being able to see the game isn't all that. Also there's limited appeal to I think. Maybe I'm wrong but we'll see in due course.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    X-x-Stallion-x-X
    Items LBP Sephiroth
    This actually got my vote over MGS... Dispatched so hopefully getting it soon. The price thing is interesting to me since its already 33 where I picked it up from so its not what you'd expect to be paying on launch here. Some might say thats going to be an indicator of the quality of the game but I got a massive Shadow of Mordor/Sleeping Dogs/Red Faction Guerrilla vibe from the trailers and walkthroughs I watched (as in it just looked like one of those games which on the whole gets ignored but is looked back on rather fondly afterwards). Not saying I think it should get GOTY or anything, and I do tend to be the same way with movies - preferring the more obscure to the blockbusters - so maybe backing an underdog is just in my nature.

Incidentally, Lords of the Fallen has been my favourite PS4 game up until now and besides, I'll only end up doing the opposite of everyone else and pick up Metal Gear when it drops in price anyway.

Don't go around believing that Great Wizards solve all your problems, because there aren't any and they don't and I should know because I'm not one...

Thread Information