Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style

Final Fantasy XV Release Date!

Just 6 months away until an official announcement. Finally! At least something is something. It'd be a year by then since Type 0 was released.

3DS: 4613-6960-4293

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    SkarEffect
    I just can't get excited for FF XV, I haven't been able to enjoy FF since x-2.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by SkarEffect View Post
    I just can't get excited for FF XV, I haven't been able to enjoy FF since x-2.

XIII-2 was awesome! XII was adventurous! The world of versus is going to be EPIC!

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    SkarEffect
    Quote Originally Posted by robvandam111 View Post
    XIII-2 was awesome! XII was adventurous! The world of versus is going to be EPIC!
    I tried it, but didn't enjoyed it because I hated the new combat. Felt more like a hack and slash game than an actual FF game.

Quote Originally Posted by robvandam111 View Post

Just 6 months away until an official announcement. Finally! At least something is something. It'd be a year by then since Type 0 was released.
    I'm really hoping the game comes out in March 2016. As you mentioned, that would be the one year mark of Type-0 and FFXV demo coming out. However, if that does not turn out to be the case......I guess I can wait a few more months -,-'.

I tried it, but didn't enjoyed it because I hated the new combat. Felt more like a hack and slash game than an actual FF game.
    It's not a hack and slash game though. If you want to play the game like that, you'll end up dead a lot. This FF title still does not break the boundaries of RPG elements. As long as that and some themes stay relevant (e.g. Cid, Summons, Chocobos, etc.) Final Fantasy will just continue to change as it always has.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    SkarEffect
    Quote Originally Posted by FinalxxSin View Post
    I'm really hoping the game comes out in March 2016. As you mentioned, that would be the one year mark of Type-0 and FFXV demo coming out. However, if that does not turn out to be the case......I guess I can wait a few more months -,-'.

It's not a hack and slash game though. If you want to play the game like that, you'll end up dead a lot. This FF title still does not break the boundaries of RPG elements. As long as that and some themes stay relevant (e.g. Cid, Summons, Chocobos, etc.) Final Fantasy will just continue to change as it always has.
    The more it changes, the less appealing the games become.

7. Likes Bigdoggy likes this post
    The more it changes, the less appealing the games become.
    That's completely fine. However, wanting a series like Final Fantasy to stay the same would be wishing death on it. Why? Because it would become stagnant and people would get bored of it. Secondly it would have a much more difficult time drawing in new players. There are people who have played the more recent titles and enjoyed them. Because of their enjoyment of those titles, some are playing some of the older titles in the series.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    SkarEffect
    That's completely fine. However, wanting a series like Final Fantasy to stay the same would be wishing death on it. Why? Because it would become stagnant and people would get bored of it. Secondly it would have a much more difficult time drawing in new players. There are people who have played the more recent titles and enjoyed them. Because of their enjoyment of those titles, some are playing some of the older titles in the series.
    What's not broken, don't fix it. The best FF games were turn based combat, so why ruin it? Which is why I can't excited for ff anymore.

10. Likes VayMasters86 likes this post
    What's not broken, don't fix it. The best FF games were turn based combat, so why ruin it? Which is why I can't excited for ff anymore.
    That's a subjective matter. Even if something did work, SquareSoft/SquareEnix pushed for changes with new installments. While you are unable to get excited for new titles, I am the opposite. I appreciate the changes the series goes through, despite liking some changes more than others.

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    The best FF games are not the best because of their turn based combat. I love FF because of the characters, combat systems, atmosphere, and story. You can make the combat like Dissidia and keep everything else the same and i would still love it the same.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    SkarEffect
    Quote Originally Posted by HellsJester View Post
    The best FF games are not the best because of their turn based combat. I love FF because of the characters, combat systems, atmosphere, and story. You can make the combat like Dissidia and keep everything else the same and i would still love it the same.
    Agree to disagree I guess. I guess im just too old school for this new age FF crap.

Dedicated Member
    So this is an anouncement of an announcement of a date. I just feel most jp developers, barring a couple of them, have fallen behind the curve when it comes to game development (takes too long) and final quality (game doesn't turn out anything special after the prolonged wait). This also goes for sony first party jp studios (polyphony, team ico etc.). They need to do something about it. This certainly wasn't the case in the ps2 days, when imo jp devs were on an equal footing with western devs.

Quote Originally Posted by rene2kx View Post
    So this is an anouncement of an announcement of a date. I just feel most jp developers, barring a couple of them, have fallen behind the curve when it comes to game development (takes too long) and final quality (game doesn't turn out anything special after the prolonged wait). This also goes for sony first party jp studios (polyphony, team ico etc.). They need to do something about it. This certainly wasn't the case in the ps2 days, when imo jp devs were on an equal footing with western devs.
    The game changed consoles (last gen wasn't powerful enough) and changed engine. The battle system mechanics were changed. Nomura's story lore was condensed into a single installment. Lots of stuff is still in the process of optimizing. Airships are still trying to be worked on (Tabata is seeking aide outside the company on that one). The game has been in development off and on over the past 9 years with the past few years making the most progress.

Dedicated Member
    The game changed consoles (last gen wasn't powerful enough) and changed engine. The battle system mechanics were changed. Nomura's story lore was condensed into a single installment. Lots of stuff is still in the process of optimizing. Airships are still trying to be worked on (Tabata is seeking aide outside the company on that one). The game has been in development off and on over the past 9 years with the past few years making the most progress.
    9 years in with a troubled game development process and still no confirmed release date, that was the point i was making that jp devs have fallen behind the curve on game development.

PSN ID
    Throndillion
    March 2016. 'Hello, please be excited for E3 2016.'

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    That's a subjective matter. Even if something did work, SquareSoft/SquareEnix pushed for changes with new installments. While you are unable to get excited for new titles, I am the opposite. I appreciate the changes the series goes through, despite liking some changes more than others.
    sales say otherwise, really no point in trying to debate it because the best FF games were turn based and the sales prove it. IF you try to fix something that isn't broken, it's a risk and a pointless risk at that, there is no reason to take such a risk because the sales are going to be huge regardless. You may be the opposite, but I can vouche for the fact that change in this matter doesn't make me excited either. I just can't get excited for a remake where they are changing certain key formulas to the game. What are they going to do next, take out the materia system?

also, SE are announcing an announcement of the games release in March of 2016? same old bull$#@! SE, same old crap. Sorry, but at this point, I don't give a $#@! about the FF series and I really haven't for the longest time.
    Last edited by Bigdoggy; 3 Days Ago at 13:20.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdoggy View Post
    sales say otherwise, really no point in trying to debate it because the best FF games were turn based and the sales prove it. IF you try to fix something that isn't broken, it's a risk and a pointless risk at that, there is no reason to take such a risk because the sales are going to be huge regardless. You may be the opposite, but I can vouche for the fact that change in this matter doesn't make me excited either. I just can't get excited for a remake where they are changing certain key formulas to the game. What are they going to do next, take out the materia system?

also, SE are announcing an announcement of the games release in March of 2016? same old bull$#@! SE, same old crap. Sorry, but at this point, I don't give a $#@! about the FF series and I really haven't for the longest time.
    The different battle systems have played a part in the sales differences, but still it's a subjective matter in terms of the actual quality of the battle systems. I thought FF games are also liked for their story, but maybe I am completely wrong in that aspect. Popularity and quality are two different things. Why? Final Fantasy has yet to explore every possibility out there. Let's factor in the fact that some people got to the point where they don't have have time to play games like they used too. Since you wish to bring up 7, as long as the game stays in the realm of ATB, there shouldn't be that many complaints.

This is the reason why I dislike a good portion of the FF fanbase.
    Newcomers: Unfamiliar with the history of FF and just recently got into it.
    FF nostalgia heads: People who want their games to be a specific kind of way, and will dismiss anything that doesn't meet their demands automatically. This imo is rather selfish as it gives less opportunity for outside players to get into the series.
    FF open-minds: People like me that will at least give something a chance before thinking nothing of it. We still like some changes better than others, but we do not let nostalgia completely effect our judgement.

You and anybody else can say that I'm not a FF fan. I started off with FVIII when I was young, and have had different experiences since. I'm going to buy FFXV, more than likely enjoy it, and will be looking forward to FFXVI regards of the battle system mechanics and story approach taken.

Dedicated Member
    Items Final Fantasy IVAtlus
    We will find out date in March then we'll talk SE. I admit least the new info sounds good besides just screen shots we been getting in the last while.
    Playing - Danganronpa 1 then i'll play 2(Vita), Samurai Warriors 4 (PS3)
    Support Xenosaga HD by clicking the link below and sign the petition!
    https://secure.avaaz.org/en/petition...lobal_Release/

Master Guru
    The different battle systems have played a part in the sales differences, but still it's a subjective matter in terms of the actual quality of the battle systems. I thought FF games are also liked for their story, but maybe I am completely wrong in that aspect. Popularity and quality are two different things. Why? Final Fantasy has yet to explore every possibility out there. Let's factor in the fact that some people got to the point where they don't have have time to play games like they used too. Since you wish to bring up 7, as long as the game stays in the realm of ATB, there shouldn't be that many complaints.

This is the reason why I dislike a good portion of the FF fanbase.
    Newcomers: Unfamiliar with the history of FF and just recently got into it.
    FF nostalgia heads: People who want their games to be a specific kind of way, and will dismiss anything that doesn't meet their demands automatically. This imo is rather selfish as it gives less opportunity for outside players to get into the series.
    FF open-minds: People like me that will at least give something a chance before thinking nothing of it. We still like some changes better than others, but we do not let nostalgia completely effect our judgement.

You and anybody else can say that I'm not a FF fan. I started off with FVIII when I was young, and have had different experiences since. I'm going to buy FFXV, more than likely enjoy it, and will be looking forward to FFXVI regards of the battle system mechanics and story approach taken.
    it's actually not subjective. Just because someone has an open mind doesn't mean it's a working formula. When developers change something where it really didn't need to be changed, they are stupid, it's stupid risk made by a stupid decision. This isn't so much a case of Nostalgia as it is a case of constant poor decisions that SE has made within the FF series of games. looking at there past and up until now with the Final Fantasy games, all of a sudden SE is going to magically make awsesome FF games out of nowhere? I just don't see, which is why I'm very pessimistic about SE and the future of any FF game.
    Last edited by Bigdoggy; 3 Days Ago at 15:57.

it's actually not subjective. Just because someone has an open mind doesn't mean it's a working formula. When developers change something where it really didn't need to be changed, they are stupid, it's stupid risk made by a stupid decision. This isn't so much a case of Nostalgia as it is a case of constant poor decisions that SE has made within the FF series of games. looking at there past and up until now with the Final Fantasy games, all of a sudden SE is going to magically make awsesome FF games out of nowhere? I just don't see, which is why I'm very pessimistic about SE and the future of any FF game.
    When it comes to RPGs in FF, neither you nor I can speak for every single person out in the world. Objectively, yes the past battle systems have been more popular in the west at least. However, your connotation of "better" isn't the same as mine. Square has made some poor decisions, and they have made some good ones. FF is going to continue to change. Rather or not ATB and/or classical turn based gets touched upon in the future is something we don't know yet. FFXV may turn out to be an excellent game that just won't appeal to you. That is fine, because "different strokes for different folks". If you don't like the new stuff, go play the old stuff.

Master Guru
    When it comes to RPGs in FF, neither you nor I can speak for every single person out in the world. Objectively, yes the past battle systems have been more popular in the west at least. However, your connotation of "better" isn't the same as mine. Square has made some poor decisions, and they have made some good ones. FF is going to continue to change. Rather or not ATB and/or classical turn based gets touched upon in the future is something we don't know yet. FFXV may turn out to be an excellent game that just won't appeal to you. That is fine, because "different strokes for different folks". If you don't like the new stuff, go play the old stuff.
    For the people that bought FF7 the sales and the how the game is praised even to this day say that I am speaking for those people, those are the people that made FF7 what it was, it was the sales, it was the high review and praises the game got. This game wouldn't get docked points for keeping the turn based system because it does work and that's a fact. So far when SE went out of the turn based area is when their games started to flop, that is also a fact and not just me saying it's a fact, it's all in the reviews and the user reviews.

Ultimate Veteran
    At least they're keeping their fans updated on the game. Not sure why that somehow translates to Japanese developers falling behind Western developers but get over it and move on if the game just doesn't interest you; don't ruin it for those who are anticipating its release.
    Thanks to Sylar for the signature!

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    For the people that bought FF7 the sales and the how the game is praised even to this day say that I am speaking for those people, those are the people that made FF7 what it was, it was the sales, it was the high review and praises the game got. This game wouldn't get docked points for keeping the turn based system because it does work and that's a fact. So far when SE went out of the turn based area is when their games started to flop, that is also a fact and not just me saying it's a fact, it's all in the reviews and the user reviews.
    FF7 is over-rated. Not that its a bad game because its not but...people fell for the hype. Even FF8 ended up getting better reviews description saying "its the upgrade that FF7 needed" and it still doesn't compare to fandom of FF7. So I wouldn't rely on sales.

Clicked on thread expecting a release date. Maybe should consider changing the thread title. How about, "Announcement that a release date announcement is coming in 6 months!"

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Clicked on thread expecting a release date. Maybe should consider changing the thread title. How about, "Announcement that a release date announcement is coming in 6 months!"
    That's the purpose. I had you to click on my thread. If you expected an actual release date; I don't have to feel sorry for you.

Thread Information