Master Poster
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style

New gaming Headset Help

Because y'all know y'all my go-to for help on making my electronic purchases, I need a new gaming headset. That nice Sony 'Gold Series' Headset that I've own just a little over a year has failed me. It still works, but the made in china parts have crease and fell apart. Now my Headset is hanging on by duck tape, a hope and a prayer. Am I angry? You bet your ass, but no crying over spoiled FREE milk! I just have to get another Headset. As you all know as well, I'm poor! I can't partake in your extravagant $500 BOSE headsets. Max I'm looking to spend is $150 and for it to be wireless. Because its 2015 and I need no wires. God bless you pimps... and pimpettes!

Your help is much appreciated.

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    It seems like that playstation gold headset is liked by a ton of people. Even my friends love it, though I've yet to have a reason to use one. I'd probably still get that headset just because of the reviews and how pleased people are by it. If it's a solid headset, might as well get it again.

You also have the Trittons and turtle beaches.

3. Likes $Greatness$ likes this post
    Selected Members Council
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Like Bigdoggy suggested the Gold headset is very popular and I know a lot of people on here rave about them so they are definitely worth a look! I went for some Turtle Beach Stealth 500P's and the sound quality and mic are awesome, not to mention an incredible battery life to so can easily recommend them!
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

PSU Direct Email: adam.duffield@psu.com

5. Likes $Greatness$ likes this post
    Master Poster
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    The Gold Series is a very good headset. I just don't wanna get burned again because of the plastic parts creasing and snap again. I heard there is a deal on them at Newegg for $50. I may look into it as an alternative, but I also may want to try something else. Appreciate the replies and help my dudes. I'll figure out what I'm going to do eventually. lol

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    Aye! Re-up bump! Still didn't buy a new set yet. Still holding onto this 'young ass' ducked taped Gold series, lol! Outside of the Gold Series headset, anyone got something that's similar in style as the Gold Series (Far as looking without the mic sticking out) that is compatible with PS4, XBO and PC?

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Elite Guru
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    Man just after a year they fell to bits. I'd be that pissed I'd buy the same set again from Amazon and put the bust ass set in the box and return them for a refund saying they're not fit for purpose and broke within a week.

I'm currently using the Golds and they're a joy on COD, using the awareness perk so enemy footsteps are louder people accuse you of wall hacking because you're firing before you've even seen them waiting for them coming round the corner lol

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by GazzaGSi View Post
    Man just after a year they fell to bits. I'd be that pissed I'd buy the same set again from Amazon and put the bust ass set in the box and return them for a refund saying they're not fit for purpose and broke within a week.

I'm currently using the Golds and they're a joy on COD, using the awareness perk so enemy footsteps are louder people accuse you of wall hacking because you're firing before you've even seen them waiting for them coming round the corner lol
    I was really tempted to do that. I might finesse that if I don't get the headset on Black Friday from Best Buy. Heard they are going to run a deal where the headset will be on sale for $60. Like I said, the headset is amazing, but it crease way too easy. Also need to buy the audio adapter for Xbox One so I can use the headset there. These are truly the only headset that I've seen that accommodate what I'm looking for, lol smh.

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by $Greatness$ View Post
    I was really tempted to do that. I might finesse that if I don't get the headset on Black Friday from Best Buy. Heard they are going to run a deal where the headset will be on sale for $60. Like I said, the headset is amazing, but it crease way too easy. Also need to buy the audio adapter for Xbox One so I can use the headset there. These are truly the only headset that I've seen that accommodate what I'm looking for, lol smh.
    Can only echo what you say about how good they are. Playing alot of black ops at the minute and with the awareness perk to hear enemy footsteps I'm shooting them before they even come around a corner or turned around from hearing them behind me and just the clarity in general is brilliant, especially considering the price.

Hope you get them sorted

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by GazzaGSi View Post
    Can only echo what you say about how good they are. Playing alot of black ops at the minute and with the awareness perk to hear enemy footsteps I'm shooting them before they even come around a corner or turned around from hearing them behind me and just the clarity in general is brilliant, especially considering the price.

Hope you get them sorted
    Yeah, I'll be ard. Can't keep a real one down too long. If you play hardcore, add me on PSN. I'll shoot a couple frauds with you. I just can't do core. I tried it the other day. Wanted to put the KN-44 to my own grill.

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by $Greatness$ View Post
    Yeah, I'll be ard. Can't keep a real one down too long. If you play hardcore, add me on PSN. I'll shoot a couple frauds with you. I just can't do core. I tried it the other day. Wanted to put the KN-44 to my own grill.
    Sounds good to me, lovin it now Domination has been added to HC too

Thread Information