This or that, long time retired from gaming

I last played a video game in 2005 on a ps2. My husband and I liked two player cooperative games and enjoyed older games from the ps1. Now we want to get back into it a little bit. Seems like everything is bigger louder more busy and more complicated. Also more immersive and interesting. Kinda stuck on the fact that neither the ps23 or the ps4 exactly play the old games. Bearing in mind that I don't even have any of our old games anymore, does anyone recommend either the ps4 or the PS3 over the other grieve the situation? Any particular games that would be good to get our feet wet with?

Personally since your just getting back into it, I would go ps3. Mainly because the library is much bigger and cheeper, along with the console itself being cheeper. I personally just sold my 120 blob ps3 and bought one of the 60 gb ps3's that will also play ps2 games. I have a ps4 also and the games are good there as well, everything is just more expensive.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Master Guru
    If it's been 10 years you have some catching up to do. I'd go with the PS3, there's lots of great games and remastered versions of PS2 games if you want to play those.

PSN ID
    PS2
    Can't beat the old standby PS2, with soooo many great games that can be had now for pennies on the dollar. It reigned supreme for many years and still has a grand old following like myself. I just got back into it as well recently after retiring.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    ask through private message
    You can't go wrong with either choice.

PS2 is cheap, games are pretty cheap used, library is huge, plays DVDs, plays PS1 games.

PS3 has tons of compilations and HD remasters, great library of games, plays PS1 titles, plays DVD and blu-ray movies.

Thread Information