Super Elite

What happened to Tennis??

What happened to Tennis games? They where pretty big on PS3 & mostly released yearly, Top Spin, Virtua Tennis, Grandslam Tennis! I mean last gen had it all with sports games! Now this gen has no match.

No tennis, no snooker, ect

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    keefy
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Snooker has always been a bit of a niche game to produce. The best one I remember for a long time was Jimmy White's whirlwind snooker.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    X-x-Stallion-x-X
    Items LBP Sephiroth
    I imagine they're too niche to be a priority right now... The small indies all want to do something fresh and the big guys only care about the bottom line. Maybe they just all think you want to play tennis with Mario these days with motion controls.

Having said that I only ever bought one snooker game and HATED how I was so crap at it I spent more time watching the game playing itself so I took it back.

Don't go around believing that Great Wizards solve all your problems, because there aren't any and they don't and I should know because I'm not one...

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Beefi
    Quote Originally Posted by XperienZ View Post
    I imagine they're too niche to be a priority right now... The small indies all want to do something fresh and the big guys only care about the bottom line. Maybe they just all think you want to play tennis with Mario these days with motion controls.
    So it is. I liked the Virtua Tennis Parts on PS3.

Selected Members Council
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Would actually quite enjoy a new tennis game, would have to have a proper career mode for me though! Starting off as a amature and working your way up the ranks in all the major competitions etc

Guess we shall just have to wait
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

PSU Direct Email: adam.duffield@psu.com

Elite Sage

PSN ID
    Lymphatik
    Was watching the Djokovic/Simon match on the weekend I was thinking aren't we due a new tennis game. I used to love Virtua tennis.

Quote Originally Posted by BBK.. View Post
    Was watching the Djokovic/Simon match on the weekend I was thinking aren't we due a new tennis game. I used to love Virtua tennis.
    Virtua Tennis was a really fun game, although I only played the early Dreamcast versions, not any of the others. The big problem is that there just aren't as many games out there any more. And so many developers concentrate on these big, "blockbuster" games. There is some evidence out there that this is all starting to change, but it's still a bummer for gamers...

Super Elite
    Loved top spin, but Virtua Tennis was also good! Never bought EA version of GST, I feel some sports are well missing this gen!! Tennis, snooker, boxing, skateboarding (new THPS was crap & broken) are we getting winter Olympics games!? Probably not!! But also PDC darts has gone off the cliff after 3 games the developers shut down!

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    keefy
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    I know at one point I had Pete Sampras tennis game on PS1 back then the surfaces didn't handle any different, it was just a different colour at least that's what I remember thinking.

Thread Information