Administrator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder

Uncharted 4 LE console (April 26th)

Sonata Dusk
    I got excited when I saw the thread title but I really don't like that design. It's just a 2-color vector awkwardly placed on the console. I feel a lot more could have been done with it.

3. Likes Shingo likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    I got excited when I saw the thread title but I really don't like that design. It's just a 2-color vector awkwardly placed on the console. I feel a lot more could have been done with it.

I like the looks of it. It is clean, and the colors are very nice. Then again, I am going to be buying this to replace my ugly ass Black Ops 3 console.

Sonata Dusk
    Not a fan of characters on the console or simple designs. It also ages quickly in its appeal (because Uncharted 4 won't matter after a couple years from release). I much prefer more general full designs like the Destiny PS4. It covers the whole console and the design will remain visually appealing even a decade later, long after Destiny is forgotten. It also has an actual texture to the design which is really nice.

I wish the Uncharted PS4 was something similar to that, though obviously with its own colors and design logo (the coin?) Oh well, no biggie.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    ask through private message
    LOL at how it's still only a mere 500GB...is the BO3 model still the largest HDD (1TB) they've officially offered? I had to put a 2TB drive in my PS4 when I only own 17 games plus 6 digital games. I have just about 1TB of room left plus the old drive which acts as a 500GB external drive now.

With 500GB you might get 8-12 games installed plus all their updates to just barely fit. Yes I know you could delete old game data to make room for new data but some people don't like to lose their progress. Yeah there's PS Plus for save game files but if you delete game data, you'll need to re-install the game + re-download any updates to play again.

All future PS4s at this point should be coming with no less than 1-2TB in my opinion. 500GB is wonderful for PS3 but not PS4.

If the Uncharted PS4 would have had a different graphic and bigger HDD, I certainly would have bought it. Oh well, I still have the game to look forward to! :P
    Last edited by Chewbacca; 02-04-2016 at 18:48.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Not a fan of characters on the console or simple designs. It also ages quickly in its appeal (because Uncharted 4 won't matter after a couple years from release). I much prefer more general full designs like the Destiny PS4. It covers the whole console and the design will remain visually appealing even a decade later, long after Destiny is forgotten. It also has an actual texture to the design which is really nice.

I wish the Uncharted PS4 was something similar to that, though obviously with its own colors and design logo (the coin?) Oh well, no biggie.
    They didnt brand the console as Uncharted 4 though. It is simply "Uncharted". So to me this could last forever.

Of course I am not sure what the text on the front says, Either way I like it.

Media Content Manager
    PSN ID
    kipkebab92
    Kind of disappointing.
    I really feel as if for PS4 editions they just go for the most obvious way instead of think out of the box and make something creative...

Sonata Dusk
    ^ I agree with you completely. Some people may prefer the simpler designs but to me it's just boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
    LOL at how it's still only a mere 500GB...is the BO3 model still the largest HDD (1TB) they've officially offered? I had to put a 2TB drive in my PS4 when I only own 17 games plus 6 digital games. I have just about 1TB of room left plus the old drive which acts as a 500GB external drive now.

With 500GB you might get 8-12 games installed plus all their updates to just barely fit. Yes I know you could delete old game data to make room for new data but some people don't like to lose their progress. Yeah there's PS Plus for save game files but if you delete game data, you'll need to re-install the game + re-download any updates to play again.

All future PS4s at this point should be coming with no less than 1TB in my opinion. 500GB is wonderful for PS3 but not PS4.
    Yeah, I'm really not sure why 1TB isn't the standard at this point. It's 2016 and harddrives are dirt cheap, and right now with how big games are that space is precious. That extra 500GB makes a huge difference.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Even a 1TB is to small. Sony should have an option with no hard drive and knock $50 off the price. I would not settle for anything less than 2TB.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    SA80A2
    I agree with @Lethal. 2Tb Should be the standard, especially with digital games
    Last edited by ArnoldRimmer; 02-04-2016 at 18:47.
    He's Arnold, Arnold, Arnold Rimmer
    More reliable than a garden strimmer
    He's never been mistaken for Yul Brynner
    He's not bald, and his head doesn't glimmer

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    keefy
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Talking of hard drives I took the 40GB drive out my PS3 and compared it to the 500GB in my PS4 and The 500is about half the thickness despite having 12 times the capacity.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    just delete games as your done with em, no need fot tb drives

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Quote Originally Posted by 33x View Post
    just delete games as your done with em, no need fot tb drives
    Doesn't work like that seeing how games all come out with DLC and expansions now.

The Witcher 3
    Bloodborne
    Dying Light
    ect......

Too many games give you reasons to keep them on your hard drive. Especially ones that require a ton of updates.

Forum Overseer
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Ugh. So bland. Looking for another PS4, but this won't be it.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from VyseColeBattlefield 3
    I just pre-ordered mine from Ebgames. I will get it and just keep it for my collection.

CPU I7 3820 GPU Asus GTX 980 4GB Motherboard BioStar TpowerX79 HDD Seagate 3TB CPU Samsung SSD 850 EVO 512GB COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80 Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Power Supply Seasonic 760W Windows 7 64Bit Monitor BENQ XL2730Z 2560X1440 Samsung 3D LED TV 240HZ 55H7150 PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD PS VITA 32GB

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal View Post
    Doesn't work like that seeing how games all come out with DLC and expansions now.

The Witcher 3
    Bloodborne
    Dying Light
    ect......

Too many games give you reasons to keep them on your hard drive. Especially ones that require a ton of updates.
    The way i do it is only keep on my ps4 what i playing at the time. at no point do i have more than 3 or 4 on my 500, but each to their own
    Last edited by 33x; 02-05-2016 at 16:55.

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

I Do Admin Thingies

Yeah ... it's surprisingly underwhelming, IMO.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Meh. Do not like.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Quote Originally Posted by 33x View Post
    The way i do it is only keep on my ps4 what i playing at the time. at no point do i have more than 3 or 4 on my 500, but each to their own
    I have around 30 games on mine right now. Sometimes I like to record clips of past games or take snapshots.

I delete games that I already got the platinum trophy in and never want to play again.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    keefy
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Just like a computer it's best to have as much capacity as possible to make it more convenientl for yourself.
    Right now I don't need more space because I have only got about six games.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Pul3y
    It's funny how Drake does not look like Drake at all on that decal. It looks more like Liam Neeson.
    Keep it simple!

Thread Information