Controller randomly disconnects

Has anyone had this problem occur? I don't recall having it with my PS3, but with my PS4 it's been a common occurrence since I got it two months ago. The dualshock will just disconnect at random times. Not an everyday occurrence mind you, but it's happened at least five times in two months. Am I the only one?

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    keefy
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Try placing the PS4 vertical see if it improves the situation.

To my knowledge that isn't possible unless I buy a separate peripheral. I'll give it a shot I suppose.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    Quote Originally Posted by SprSynJn View Post
    Has anyone had this problem occur? I don't recall having it with my PS3, but with my PS4 it's been a common occurrence since I got it two months ago. The dualshock will just disconnect at random times. Not an everyday occurrence mind you, but it's happened at least five times in two months. Am I the only one?
    what do you use when charging the dualshock?

Quote Originally Posted by -Dj- View Post
    what do you use when charging the dualshock?
    The cable that came with the console. Why?

Veteran
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    The cable that came with the console. Why?
    the cable wireds is getting old and not charging the dualshock 100%

you should get this to fix ur problem

http://www.amazon.com/DualShock-Cont...harger+station

It's two months old...

Veteran
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    It's two months old...
    they dont last long lol

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    keefy
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    I use my Samsung phone charger with a 3 metre USB cable. Cheap as chips.

To be honest, I don't think it has anything to do with how much it's been charged. It happens at random times and pushing the PlayStation button quickly reconnects the controller. I think it's just losing connection, but cannot find out why or how to remedy it. I was told by a friend to reset it by pushing a button on the back of the controller? I'll try that when I get home from work.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    To be honest, I don't think it has anything to do with how much it's been charged. It happens at random times and pushing the PlayStation button quickly reconnects the controller. I think it's just losing connection, but cannot find out why or how to remedy it. I was told by a friend to reset it by pushing a button on the back of the controller? I'll try that when I get home from work.
    I had this problem

And changing the cord fixed it? You haven't had a single disconnection since?

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    The problem is not the cord or battery life in the controller. These controllers are Bluetooth and something is causing the controller to turn off.

It could simply be a faulty controller. You can try unplugging the PS4 for 10 mins and see if that helps.

I had a bad controller that would sometimes give a delay in my actions. I would try to move to the right and it would take a full second for that command to reach my TV. All of the buttons would have a delay. I would have to turn off the controller and turn it back on to fix the issue. I replaced that controller and never had the problem again.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    And changing the cord fixed it? You haven't had a single disconnection since?
    Get the the charging station and it will fix ur problem

PSN ID
    heatherly988
    Hey SprSynjn, I'm having the EXACT same issue and would love to lear if you've found anything that has fixed it? Anytime I search for something about disconnecting controllers its never quite the same (and most times more serious than mine).

I'll have my controller connected or not, doesn't matter. But it will randomly shut off while playing. I can easily turn it back on, but its extremely annoying and honestly shouldn't be an issue.

Any luck?

I searched around and found that resetting the controller would be the best thing to try. I found the information here: https://support.us.playstation.com/a...ubleshooting/?

I'm actually not sure I did it correctly, as nothing abnormal occurred when I turned the system on afterwards, but I haven't had a disconnect yet. I'll report back if I do. Let me know if that helps you as well.

17. Likes Toxic_burrito, Lethal likes this post

Thread Information