Ultimate Veteran

Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV feature-length CG movie announced

At tonight’s Uncovered: Final Fantasy XV event, Square Enix announced the game would receive a full-length film titled Kingsglaive and stars Game of Thrones actors Lena Headey and Sean Bean and Breaking Bad actor Aaron Paul.

Running parallel to the main game, Kingsglaive tells the events occurring around Noctis’s father King Regis and love interest Lady Luna after Noctis escapes on a road trip with his friends.

Sean Bean will take up the role of King Regis and Lena Headey will play Luna. Meanwhile, Aaron Paul will play a soldier named Nyx.

The film is directed by Takeshi Nozue, who previously co-directed the CG feature film Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. Additionally, Kingsglaive’s core production staff also worked on Advent Children.

Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV will release before the game’s launch. Sony Pictures Home Entertainment will distribute the film on Blu-Ray and digitally.

Square Enix’s official plot synopsis:

The magical kingdom of Lucis is home to the hallowed Crystal, but the menacing empire of Niflheim will stop at nothing to make it theirs. War has raged between the two for as long as most can remember.

King Regis of Lucis commands an elite force of soldiers dubbed the Kingsglaive. Wielding their king’s magic, Nyx Ulric and his fellow glaives stand before the crown city of Insomnia, fighting to stay the inexorable advance of Niflheim’s imperial army.

Before the overwhelming military might of the empire, King Regis can only salvage his kingdom by accepting an ultimatum—he must cede all lands outside the crown city, and see his son, Prince Noctis, wed to Lady Lunafreya, the former princess of Tenebrae now captive of Niflheim.

As the war of wills rages, the machinations of Niflheim transform Insomnia into an awe-inspiring battleground, pulling Nyx into a struggle for the very survival of the kingdom.

Final Fantasy XV launches on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on September 30, 2016. Check out the spectacular new trailers here. A new free playable demo is available to download now on the PlayStation Store.

A Final Fantasy short-form anime prequel series titled “Brotherhood” was revealed at the Uncovered event.
    Source

I didn't like Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children so hopefully this new movie will be better. Can't really say much else about it right now as it's only a teaser trailer.
    Last edited by Vyse; 03-31-2016 at 16:42.
    Thanks to Kwes for the signature!

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    I really like Advent Children, especially Advent Children Complete. The story is overly convoluted, but the Complete version filled out the story a little better. Besides, I just love the action and music.

So I think I'll love this, especially with my man Sean Bean. It's crazy how much effort and money Square is putting into FFXV.
    http://www.psu.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8141&dateline=1432946  501

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    I really like Advent Children, especially Advent Children Complete. The story is overly convoluted, but the Complete version filled out the story a little better. Besides, I just love the action and music.
    A lot of what made me dislike Advent Children came from the writing and dialogue, as well as the English dubbing for characters like Tifa. The action and music were fine but, I dunno... maybe I would have liked it more if I had watched the Complete version.

It's crazy how much effort and money Square is putting into FFXV.
    It could be their way of making up for fans having to wait a long time for the game to come out, while also trying to establish Final Fantasy XV as the next memorable entry in the series.
    Thanks to Kwes for the signature!

Thread Information