Administrator
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce

Verstappen replaces Kvyat at Red Bull

Max Verstappen will replace Daniil Kvyat at Red Bull from the Spanish Grand Prix onwards, with the Russian driver returning to the junior Toro Rosso team, it was announced on Thursday.

Kvyat endured a troubled home event at Sochi Autodrom, twice hitting Ferrari rival and former Red Bull racer Sebastian Vettel on the first lap, prompting further criticism from the four-time champion.

In the days since the event, various options have been considered, with Red Bull ultimately deciding to push Kvyat back to Toro Rosso, and promote highly-rated Dutch teenager Max Verstappen.

Verstappen will join Daniel Ricciardo, while Kvyat will partner Carlos Sainz Jr.

"Max has proven to be an outstanding young talent; his performance at Toro Rosso has been impressive so far and we are pleased to give him the opportunity to drive for Red Bull," said Horner.

"We are in the unique position to have all four drivers across Red Bull and Toro Rosso under long term contracts with Red Bull, so we have the flexibility to move them between the two teams."

Horner has tipped Kvyat to bounce back during another spell at Toro Rosso.

"Dany will be able to continue his development at Toro Rosso, in a team that he is familiar with, giving him the chance to regain his form and show his potential," Horner went on to state.

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/3...t-at-red-bull/

I think Dr. Marko picked up what keefy put down in the F1 thread - Using other drivers as a breaking pad is a thing for children.

Red Bull can try to PR spin all they want, this is going to be like a tonne of bricks crashing down on the young Russian. Mid-season switch is so damn rare, you know you $#@!ed up if it happens to you!
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Helmut Marko has spoken about Kvyats demotion:

Red Bull motorsport consultant Helmut Marko has explained the reasons behind the call to replace Daniil Kvyat with Toro Rosso's Max Verstappen from the Spanish Grand Prix.

Kvyat and Verstappen are to swap places in the wake of the Russian's troubled home event, which involved a pair of first-lap collisions with Ferrari driver Sebastian Vettel.

Marko, who previously raced in Formula 1, says Kvyat has struggled to cope with team-mate Daniel Ricciardo, and reckons a return to Toro Rosso will help him in the long term.

Verstappen will pair up with Ricciardo, while Kvyat will join Carlos Sainz Jr.

"The decision was made after Russia," Marko told Auto Bild.

"It has become increasingly clear that Daniil Kvyat could not withstand the pressure from Daniel Ricciardo, and he has been overdriving the car.

"We wanted to take him out of the firing line and help his career, instead of harming it.

"Kvyat partly understands it. I don't see this as a demotion. Toro Rosso is at a very good level this year.

"Max has to challenge Ricciardo now, which is not easy. Daniel is very strong at the moment.

"At the end of the year the cards will be reshuffled (regarding the Red Bull and Toro Rosso driver line-ups). This also means that Carlos Sainz has a chance to step up."

According to his father, Jos, Verstappen has a "long term" deal at Red Bull.

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/3...ith-ricciardo/
    Makes sense, he's had some really poor crashes that weren't a result of other drivers. They were all his own doing:
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Master Sage

PSN ID
    Lymphatik
    I think it was harsh to be fair but that's the nature of the red bull beast.

Was it sensible by RB to push DK to the main team after only 1 season at TR? Probably not. Hell, he wasn't even any better than JEV who shown he could hang with Riccardo.

I think they were looking for Abu excuse to promote their wonder kid.

Imagine if lotus dropped RG after his disaster ridden 2012... We'd be missing out on one of the best drivers on the grid

TapaTalking from my Mind.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    IMHO, between Ricciardo and Kvyat, Kvyat was always going to be the one to make way. I mentioned it in the F1 thread, but he seems to be overdrive the car. With Grojean, it was a lack of experience, you could see the skill he had when he wasn't crashing, and had free space.

The positive for him though is that it wasn't at the end of the season. If that had happened, i doubt he'd have any seat at all. At least this way, RB had to slot him into their vacant seat and he still has a chance to show what he's got.

It will be real grim for Kvyat if Sainz has the better of him though. I think max had the edge on sainz, and Sainz leading Kvyat will only vindicate Dr Marko's decision.

Kinda wish the race weekend was this weekend now. Another week to wait to watch Max thrash a Red Bull around with the big boys. Curious to see how he copes.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Super Elite
    So kvyat gets demoted then gets to losing his torro roso ride to someone named gasly in 2017 going bad to worse for kvyat I guess he be going else where after so much going on, won't be seeing him in 2017 or beyond that.

Thread Information