Sonata Dusk

Anyone else using Discord? (pc/phone text client)

My friend got me to install it recently and I'm blown away by how snappy and intuitive it is, especially compared to the featureless, sluggish beast that is Skype.

So I'm looking to add anyone I can to my friends list so we can chat more.

My friend name is Nerevar#5686
    Last edited by Nerevar; 06-04-2016 at 02:58.

Master Sage

PSN ID
    Lymphatik
    Never heard of it. What does it do that something like Whatsapp doesn't do? As I believe you can use that on computers now too

TapaTalking from my Mind.

Community and Technical Manager
    PSN ID
    Cand3Js
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    My sons use it a lot. The interface looks so easy to use. Much more intuitive than Teamspeak.

Sonata Dusk
    Quote Originally Posted by BBK.. View Post
    Never heard of it. What does it do that something like Whatsapp doesn't do? As I believe you can use that on computers now too
    I haven't used Whatsapp but Discord is so fleshed out as a chat program it can effectively function anywhere from a casual 'hey guys what's up' text box to a forum with hundreds or even thousands of members posting.

- No ads.
    - Snappy, modern, easy to use interface.
    - Extremely fast and uses little memory (I'm sitting at 110MB used with dozens of chats open with 2,000+ members).
    - API for plugins and bots.
    - You manage your own server and channels, with numerous setting to customize and organize things.
    - Works in the browser (try it here) and also has a mobile app that updates fast and runs well.
    - Support for Java, Flash, HTML5, and more within the client itself.
    - Only a year old and actively improving in core features.
    - Discord was built for gamers primarily. It has Twitch, Youtube, and other site integration and will display the games you play for others to see.
    - It has an overlay for games, and in the future Discord will pop up with the Steam overlay for maximum multi-functional use.
    - It's gaining popularity and you'll begin seeing it used much more in the coming year or so.
    - Quick invite function makes it easy to talk and organize with randoms when playing multiplayer.
    - A lot of options to customize your end of the user experience with the client.
    - Server networking 2FA encryption for security.
    - Implementation of game and external IP tracking to 'sync' you with other players using Discord when playing online, so you can do a single mouse click and talk to your teammates privately and instantly (really catching on with Overwatch players right now)

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    My sons use it a lot. The interface looks so easy to use. Much more intuitive than Teamspeak.
    Yeah, it blows other messaging clients out of the water and it's easily the best I've used. Only issue is getting more people to adopt it.

Thread Information