Community and Technical Manager
    PSN ID
    Cand3Js
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple

Halo 6 will release on Windows 10

http://www.pcgamer.com/halo-6-will-r...on-windows-10/

Halo 5's Forge level creation tool is coming to PC for free, but it's unlikely that Halo 5 itself will follow. The next Halo, however—which we'll call Halo 6—is all but officially confirmed for Windows 10. It's happening.

At this year's Xbox E3 Conference, every first-party Microsoft game—including Forza Horizon 3, Gears of War 4, and Scalebound—was announced for Windows 10 as well as Xbox One. Microsoft's plan for Windows 10 and the Xbox brand also involves making digital purchases apply to both Windows 10 and Xbox, so there's no buying a game twice, and allowing for cross-play between platforms. It seems we're looking at future of nearly identical Microsoft libraries for both PC and Xbox.

Still, we wondered if Microsoft might keep certain special franchises Xbox exclusive as a weapon in its battle with Sony for the console market. According to Xbox head Phil Spencer, however, that's not the case. Speaking to PC Gamer yesterday, Spencer said he's "not about putting content only on console to manipulate Windows gamers to go buy an Xbox."

"The reason somebody wants to go buy an Xbox—or I’ll just say a game console, yes I’d love if they bought an Xbox—is they want to sit 10 feet from their television screen with a controller in their lap looking at a television playing a videogame," said Spencer. "It’s a different experience from playing on PC. I’m not saying it’s better or worse, it’s just different. Halo 5 absolutely could be played on a PC. There’s nothing about that gameplay mechanic that doesn’t work."

So why no Halo 5 on PC? Spencer says that Microsoft and 343 Industries are looking to the future. "Honestly the answer with Halo 5 is, I can go take last year’s game, rework it to go on PC, or I can have 343 look forward in what they’re going to go do," said Spencer. "You could say I’m cheating a little bit by doing a half thing with putting Forge on PC, because we kind of have the tools working on PC to see what happens, but this is what we did with Forza, with Apex. I said, 'This isn’t a full Forza game. Going forward, we’re going to bring our Forza games to PC complete.'"
    Replace 'Forza' with 'Halo' and you have your answer. It sounds pretty clear that nearly every first-party Microsoft game going forward will release on Windows 10, at least where it makes sense, which it does for Halo. As further confirmation, when asked if there would be any ideological reason Microsoft might not release the next Halo on PC, Spencer gave us a firm "Not at all."
    We also spoke with Spencer about the troubles recent Windows 10 launches have faced—Gears of War Ultimate Edition and Quantum Break being the prime examples—and how Microsoft plans to get better at shipping PC games, as well as the closure of Lionhead. The full interview will be posted soon.
    meh.....at least bring over the Master Chief Collection so I'd have some clue about what is going on.

2. Likes M4licious76 likes this post
    Master Sage

PSN ID
    Lymphatik
    Awesome! Very chuffed about this. Will get it for sure

TapaTalking from my Mind.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by BBK.. View Post
    Awesome! Very chuffed about this. Will get it for sure

Awesome!
    Then I will kick your ass!

Master Sage

PSN ID
    Lymphatik
    The master race will never lose!

Sonata Dusk
    Okay, seriously, why doesn't Microsoft just bring the whole Halo series to PC already? They'd be relatively easy and cheap to port and lots of PC gamers have been wanting them for many years now. It's not like the older titles are exactly system pushers anyway, so MS isn't gaining any disadvantages for the XBox One if they did that.

Imagine getting the Halo 1 and 2 remaster, Halo 3, ODST, Reach, etc as a super bundle or for cheap (separately) on PC. That's a pretty good incentive for more PC gamers to adopt 10.

7. Likes Christopher likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    http://www.pcgamer.com/halo-6-will-r...on-windows-10/

meh.....at least bring over the Master Chief Collection so I'd have some clue about what is going on.
    How else would they get you to buy an xbox?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    Okay, seriously, why doesn't Microsoft just bring the whole Halo series to PC already? They'd be relatively easy and cheap to port and lots of PC gamers have been wanting them for many years now. It's not like the older titles are exactly system pushers anyway, so MS isn't gaining any disadvantages for the XBox One if they did that.

Imagine getting the Halo 1 and 2 remaster, Halo 3, ODST, Reach, etc as a super bundle or for cheap (separately) on PC. That's a pretty good incentive for more PC gamers to adopt 10.
    No they would not.

See above for the answer to your question .

Sonata Dusk
    What makes them so difficult to port?

Forum Sage
    What makes them so difficult to port?
    Because they were engineered for console hardware. Halo CE, 2 and 5 should be simple because the console hardware they run on was/is very similar to pc hardware. 3,ODST,Reach and 4 were developed on the 360 which differed quite a bit from standard pc hardware. And if it was so easy, why did the master chief collection have so many problems at launch?

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Because they were engineered for console hardware. Halo CE, 2 and 5 should be simple because the console hardware they run on was/is very similar to pc hardware. 3,ODST,Reach and 4 were developed on the 360 which differed quite a bit from standard pc hardware. And if it was so easy, why did the master chief collection have so many problems at launch?
    They shoudnt have a problem porting the campaigns themselves, they all ran fine on x86 code. But yes you can forget the multiplayer side of it, that still is a disaster.

I don't see why they couldn't do it (campaigns).

Sonata Dusk
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    I mean, Halo Online is a thrown together mock-up of various assets from Reach and Halo 3 and it's been only a few modders that have been working on it yet it works pretty well on PC. I don't see why a professional team couldn't do it.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    They shoudnt have a problem porting the campaigns themselves, they all ran fine on x86 code. But yes you can forget the multiplayer side of it, that still is a disaster.

I don't see why they couldn't do it (campaigns).
    People would want the full experience.

I mean, Halo Online is a thrown together mock-up of various assets from Reach and Halo 3 and it's been only a few modders that have been working on it yet it works pretty well on PC. I don't see why a professional team couldn't do it.
    Didn't say they couldn't do it. Just that it wouldn't be easy.

I am a big fan of this series. It was one of the first games I played in my life, and no doubt that they should have done this a long time ago.

Thread Information