Ultimate Veteran

Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness PSU Review

Quote Originally Posted by The Final Word
    Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness excels in areas like combat and crafting but not in narrative or characterization. It has enough gameplay options to bring any JRPG fan to the table, but not everyone will leave content.
    Read the full review here.

When I was watching a preview of the game before, I was worried about the battles in more enclosed, narrow areas and noted how the ones in wide open areas looked better. It seems to be the case with the final game too. Combat seems well designed for custom A.I. tactics though which is likely what I would have relied on when all seven party members take part in combat at the same time. Really disappointed to hear about camera issues though; it should be a thing of the past by now.

Strangely, this is pretty much the kind of review that I was expecting the game to receive in that, in the end, the result is a fair experience. Just short of an 8/10. However, other reviewers have been less kind with this game, scoring it between 5/10 and 6/10.
    Last edited by Vyse; 4 Weeks Ago at 19:01.
    Thanks to Kwes for the signature!

Dedicated Member
    Items Final Fantasy IVAtlus
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyse View Post
    Read the full review here.

When I was watching a preview of the game before, I was worried about the battles in more enclosed, narrow areas and noted how the ones in wide open areas looked better. It seems to be the case with the final game too. Combat seems well designed for custom A.I. tactics though which is likely what I would have relied on when all seven party members take part in combat at the same time. Really disappointed to hear about camera issues though; it should be a thing of the past by now.

Strangely, this is pretty much the kind of review that I was expecting the game to receive in that, in the end, the result is a fair experience. Just short of an 8/10. However, other reviewers have been less kind with this game, scoring it between 5/10 and 6/10.

Yeah I noticed RPG sites score it like 7.0-7.5 which I think 6.5-7.5 is a fair score from what i've heard of the game as well as the JP reviews. The game itself is short compared to the others but I prefer the design choices, voice acting and the characters more than Star Ocean 4 from the sounds of things and what i've watched of it so far and I didn't like Star Ocean 4 as much as the others.

They wanted to make it like Star Ocean 3 which is one of my favourite entries but I kinda wish they just done 3 in HD instead of making 5 since it borrows a lot from the 3rd game and is set before it. This game would be worth the rent or pick it up later. Square didn't put as much as a budget on this either and some of the new things they put in seems to be a good features in this entry. Like 7 man parties of 6 you can control.

Wish they would bring back the recruitment system they had in 1-3 as well and put Lenneth as well as Freya from Valkyrie Profile secret bosses again.
    Last edited by AsterPhoenix; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:07.
    Playing - Digimon Cyber Sleuth and Disgaea 5 PS4
    Support Xenosaga HD by clicking the link below and sign the petition!
    https://secure.avaaz.org/en/petition...lobal_Release/

Thread Information