Community and Technical Manager
    PSN ID
    Cand3Js
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple

Demon's Souls Remake Could Happen With Another Developer, Says Miyazaki

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dem...GSS-05-10aaa0b

Despite what's been said previously, it's possible a remastered version ofDemon's Souls could happen--it's just unlikely to be handled by From Software.Demon's Souls director Hidetaka Miyazaki has clarified his past comments, making it clear he isn't the one to decide whether such a project happens.
    ; font-family: MuchoSansReg, "Franklin Gothic Medium", "Arial Narrow Bold", "Helvetica Neue", Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 18px; line-height: 27px; width: 1280px;">
    "It seems like there was a misunderstanding in a previous interview in relation to a remake or a remastering of the game, so let me reiterate here," he tells GameSpot in a new interview. "The Dark Souls series is Bandai Namco Entertainment's IP, and Demon's Souls and Bloodborne is Sony Interactive Entertainment's IP. Hence, the decision to do a remake or remastering is under their jurisdiction.
    "For me and for From Software, I don't think we'll be involved with their happening, but it could happen through another developer."
    In an interview earlier this year, Miyazaki showed little interest in a Demon's Souls remaster.
    Demon's Souls was released for PS3 back in 2009. The From-developed game was published by Sony, Atlus, and Bandai Namco in different regions of the world. It never received any direct sequels, with From instead moving on to the Bandai Namco-published Dark Souls series and Sony's Bloodborne.
    Miyazaki, who directed all of these games (except for Dark Souls II), was named president of From Software in 2014. Since then, he's made it fairly clear thatFrom's future is in making new games and has confirmed work is underway on new IP

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    I just completed it last week! I think it should be a remake though, the first game was very low-budgeted and ugly as hell. It was still enjoyable though.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    GeorgeGianno
    I dont want a remake on this game. Demon's Souls was great even if the graphics are worst than the other Souls games or the gameplay isnt the most comfortable. I love this game for what it is. So i dont understand why they must remake a game like that. Still is my fav game of the series and still helping people with missed items. I like a lot Majula on Dark Souls 2, but Nexus is my fav place

You are too late. You are already in the Matrix... I mean the ARK.
    We also used you for enemy AI in CoD, you should be proud now
    they are a lot more intelligent than MGS Genome soldiers.

SOMA(Frictional Games,ps4/2015)

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    Come on George, Majula is ten times sexier!

And for the OP's sake, I hate all remakes.
    #lovegaming

MyAnimeList

Stop preordering games! Stop buying day1 games! Stop being idiots!

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    A remake would be nice. Demon's Souls didn't get the love it deserves. Now that the Dark Souls games have really taken off, more people will be able to enjoy or experience the original Souls game.

Thread Information