Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    ask through private message

Smile Your top 10 favorite consoles

What are YOUR top 10 favorite gaming consoles?

Rules:
    -PC can't be included
    -Handhelds can't be included (Gameboy, Game Gear, 3DS, etc...)
    Last edited by Chewbacca; 1 Week Ago at 23:45.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Here's my list and yes I do still own all of these in working condition:

Just a note-My top 3 spots interchange all the time because I'm constantly torn between them. I enjoy them all. These are just my opinions based on personal experience and nostalgia. Feel free to share your own.

1. Playstation 3 - Originally PS1 and PS2 backwards compatible. All models are PS1 BC. Blu-ray affords more game space and longer shelf life for the games themselves. Plenty of huge, epic games to pick from in every genre you like. I've had some of the best single player and multiplayer experiences on this console. A lot of the games were so good that they got PS4 remasters (Tomb Raider, GTA V, Heavy Rain, Beyond Two Souls, Skyrim, Bioshock series, Journey Collection, etc...). If someone forced me on a deserted island with only 1 console and it's games to bring with, this would be it. Keep in mind there's also a ton of PS2 remasters and compilations which look and play better than their PS2 original. I think in time, PS3 will be looked upon in a very positive light, unless you were a 360 owner. Some personal highlights: Bioshock, COD 4 MW, Far Cry 3, Tomb Raider, Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and 2.5 HD, The Puppeteer, Beyond Two Souls, Heavy Rain, LA Noire, Bioshock Infinite, Alice Madness Returns, GTA IV and V, GOW Saga Collection, Tomb Raider HD Collection, Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection, Skyrim, Final Fantasy XIII, FF X/X-2 HD remaster, Dragon Age Origins, Castle of Illusion HD remake, Ducktales HD remake, 007 Blood Stone, and many, many more.

2. Playstation 2 - Best selling console of all time for a reason! Built in DVD player, huge library of games that has something for everyone. There's actually a huge community of people who still play their PS2 pretty regularly because they prefer it over more modern consoles. Most games have aged pretty well and some of them even have PS3/PS4 remasters. Backwards compatible with PS games! Great series or individual standouts such as GTA, Sly Cooper, Ratchet and Clank, Hitman, Silent Hill, Lord of the Rings, Star Trek, Star Wars, Bully, Madden, Ace Combat, Crash Bandicoot, SSX, Metal Gear Solid, Psychonauts, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, The Simpsons, etc...

3. Playstation 4 - Might possibly move up the rank on my list in due time. For right now, it has a really great lineup of games but not quite on par with PS2 or PS3 yet. It's very responsive, quick loading, quick exiting, and great features such as Share Play, saving video or screenshots, and live streams. Can buy many games digitally, great selection of indie games and free games with PS Plus. Wish they would've made this backwards compatible with PS3 but the remaster/remake lineup is slowly rectifying that for me. Few highlights so far for me: Far Cry 4, Wolfenstein The New Order, Life is Strange, Firewatch, Rocket League, Battlefield 4, Destiny, Uncharted Nathan Drake Collection, The Witcher 3, Fallout 4, Monopoly, GTA V, FF X/X-2 HD remaster, etc...

4. Playstation - I asked my parents for N64 and they got PS instead. It was a pretty cool thing to put in a disc for the first time instead of the cartridges I was used to. Solid library of games and for me, this is the time when my love for gaming was truly cemented. Crash Bandicoot series, FF VII-IX, Medievil, Parappa the Rapper, Intelligent Qube, Gex Enter the Gecko, Tony Hawk Pro Skater series, Road Rash, Top Gun, Ridge Racer, Destruction Derby, Tekken series, Jet Moto series, Resident Evil series, etc.. While I played mostly N64 with friends, PS is what I played at home for years.

5. Super Nintendo - Best Nintendo console in terms of overall game library and popularity. SNES was the 90s era PS2. Even if you didn't own a SNES, eventually you found a way to play Super Mario World and maybe Donkey Kong Country, Super Mario Kart, Starfox, Zelda A Link to the Past, Super Metroid, or a FF game, etc..

6. Nintendo 64 - New era of 3D. Amazed me and my friends at the time. From '96-2000, this was the console my friends and I spent all nighters on, almost every weekend. Goldeneye and Mario Kart tournaments! Getting pizza and soda, staying up all night with friends trying to beat Super Mario 64 or Zelda Ocarina of Time. Epic conquesting with friends on Gauntlet Legends, fighting on Mortal Kombat Trilogy, Clay Fighter, or Super Smash Bros. Mario Party 1-3. Doom 64, Tony Hawk 1-3, Hydro Thunder, etc...

7. Sega Genesis - After Atari 2600, this was my first real console. Had around 10-15 games and played the hell out of them over and over! Standout games for me include Sonic the Hedghog 1-3, Sonic and Knuckles, Starflight, Castle of Illusion, Where in the World is Carmen San Diego, Comix Zone, Marsupilami, X-Men, X-Men 2 Clone Wars, Toe Jam and Earl, TJ & E Panic on Funkotron, Flicky, Shining Force, Taz Mania, Lion King, Aladdin, Road Rash 1-3, Crusader of Centy, Beavis and Butthead, Star Trek The Next Generation, etc...

8. Nintendo Wii - Backwards compatible with Gamecube, some great games that utilize motion controls if you can get the hang of it. Sports games with friends are great for parties. Some standouts for me include Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart Wii, Zelda Twilight Princess, FF Crystal Chronicles Crystal Bearers, Oregon Trail, Super Mario Galaxy 2, etc...

9. Xbox - A lot of great games with many multi-platform games looking better with the component out. Fable, Halo, Crimson Skies, Toe Jam N Earl, Oddworld Abe, Star Wars series etc...

10. Nintendo - The first really popular home console which set the bar for everything that came after. Super Mario Bros 1-3, The Legend of Zelda, Final Fantasy, Ducktales, Excitebike, Battletoads, etc...so many great games!

close runners up: Nintendo Gamecube (The Wii covers this with it's BC) and Sega Dreamcast (I own it but only have 2 games so I can't really judge. I played it less than PS2, Xbox, and Gamecube in that era.)
    Last edited by Chewbacca; 1 Week Ago at 03:02.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    I dont think I can even get to ten that I played.

1. PS1
    2. Xbox 360
    3. Xbox One
    4. N64
    5. MegaDrive/Genesis
    6. Tunix/Emmersen Arcaadia.

4. Likes Chewbacca likes this post
    Superior Member
    1. PlayStation 2
    2. PlayStation 3
    3. PlayStation 4
    4. PlayStation 1

The reason I put 2 over 3 is because there are a ton of gem titles on the PlayStation 2. Some of the titles even got a HD remaster for the PS3, which imo shows just how awesome of a library the system has. The PS2 gen is the last gen to have full blown out manuals for the most part. I noticed actual manuals started to go away with the back end of PS3 game releases, which is a bit sad for me. I love looking through manuals and smelling that new smell. I think this gen with games I won't have as many as I did with past gens, so I can't say that I'll favor the 4 over the past 2 generations. The only reason why the PS1 is so low on the list is due to the high wear and tear of discs. They just weren't as durable back then as they are today, which isn't something I'm faulting the platform given the technology that existed at the respective time.
    Last edited by FinalxxSin; 2 Weeks Ago at 06:01.
    "I'm seeing it clearer/Hating the picture in the mirror/They claim we inferior/So why the fuck these devils fear ya?/I'm watching my nation die genocide the cause/Expect a blood bath/The aftermath is y'alls/I told ya last album, we need help cause we dying/Give us a chance, help us advance cause we trying/Ignore my whole plea, watching us in disgust/And then they beg when my guns bust/They don't give a fuck about us" 2pac ft. Outlawz- "They Don't Give a Fuck About Us"

6. Likes Chewbacca likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Quote Originally Posted by FinalxxSin View Post
    5. Gameboy Advance
    6. Gameboy
    I think you missed the "rules" part in my original post.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
    I think you missed the "rules" part in my original post.
    Sorry, I did not read that part. I'll edit the post.
    "I'm seeing it clearer/Hating the picture in the mirror/They claim we inferior/So why the fuck these devils fear ya?/I'm watching my nation die genocide the cause/Expect a blood bath/The aftermath is y'alls/I told ya last album, we need help cause we dying/Give us a chance, help us advance cause we trying/Ignore my whole plea, watching us in disgust/And then they beg when my guns bust/They don't give a fuck about us" 2pac ft. Outlawz- "They Don't Give a Fuck About Us"

Community and Technical Manager
    PSN ID
    Cand3Js
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    1. PlayStation 3
    2. PlayStation 4
    3. Xbox 360
    4. Nintendo Wii
    4. Sega Genesis
    5. Atari 2600

I'm certain PS4 will overtake PS3 at some point, but don't feel like it has reached it yet. PS3 has a massive library and will be getting at least one more game (Persona 5) before it is retired.

10. Likes Chewbacca likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Quote Originally Posted by FinalxxSin View Post
    Sorry, I did not read that part. I'll edit the post.
    No problem. You at least put Gameboy Advance which I agree with if we're talking handhelds. GBA and 3DS would have to be my two favorite handhelds although I never owned PSP or Vita.

I just edited my Top 10 with some reasoning as to why I picked them.
    Last edited by Chewbacca; 2 Weeks Ago at 15:00.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    But im not old like you relics to have 10 consoles to list

Playstation 3
    Playstation 1
    Playstation 2
    Xbox 360
    N64
    NES

I'm topped out at consoles i've played to some extent.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

PSN ID
    Cand3Js
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Yeah...I've only owned the consoles I've listed so can't give top 10. Heck....even we added handhelds, I'd only get up to 9.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Every console I currently own at the moment:

Atari 2600 - I emulate on my computer
    Nintendo
    Super Nintendo
    Sega Genesis
    Sega CD
    Nintendo 64
    Sega Dreamcast
    Nintendo Gamecube
    Microsoft Xbox
    Sony Playstation 2 (also used for playing PS games)
    Nintendo Wii (sometimes used to play Gamecube games)
    Sony Playstation 3 (I sometimes use to play PS games)
    Sony Playstation 4
    Gameboy Advance
    Nintendo New 3DS XL

Windows XP era PC
    Windows Vista era laptop
    Macbook Pro laptop running Yosemite

By the way, you don't need to be an old fart to have 10 consoles! There's a good amount of younger and older people who go back and discover/enjoy the older consoles too. You even have niche gamers who will only play the older consoles, sometimes stopping at the PS or PS2 era. I have an entire "video game" room with all of my consoles hooked up on 2 different TVs (CRT and HDTV). The only consoles I leave in my living room are PS3 and PS4 on a 4K UHDTV.
    Last edited by Chewbacca; 2 Weeks Ago at 15:58.

15. Likes Christopher likes this post
    PSN ID
    Cand3Js
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
    Every console I currently own at the moment:

Atari 2600 - I emulate on my computer
    Nintendo
    Super Nintendo
    Sega Genesis
    Sega CD
    Nintendo 64
    Sega Dreamcast
    Nintendo Gamecube
    Microsoft Xbox
    Sony Playstation 2 (also used for playing PS games)
    Nintendo Wii (sometimes used to play Gamecube games)
    Sony Playstation 3 (I sometimes use to play PS games)
    Sony Playstation 4
    Gameboy Advance
    Nintendo New 3DS XL

Windows XP era PC
    Windows Vista era laptop
    Macbook Pro laptop running Yosemite

17. Likes Chewbacca likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    LMAO!

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Libra-75
    I don't think I can list 10 consoles even if I could include computers and handhelds.

1. PS4
    2. PS3
    3. PS2
    4. PS1
    5. Sega Megadrive
    6. Sega Master System

I could add the C64 and a couple of Amiga models to the list, but they are technically computers so I don't know if they should count as consoles.

20. Likes Chewbacca likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    GeorgeGianno
    I dont have ten, my first console and biggest love is Super Nintendo

and after i have Playstation 1 and playstation 2,because a lot of good games came with psx and a lot of great Survival horror games came out for ps2. I cant say the same for ps3, i really liked some games like Heavy Rain, Dead Space, Deadly Premonition, LA Noire, Souls games but i never felt it as my fav console.

For playstation 4 , is too early to say anything for me, i have it 3 months but i like a lot its operation system.

You are too late. You are already in the Matrix... I mean the ARK.
    We also used you for enemy AI in CoD, you should be proud now
    they are a lot more intelligent than MGS Genome soldiers.

SOMA(Frictional Games,ps4/2015)

22. Likes Chewbacca likes this post
    Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    ps3
    ps2
    ps4

I don't see ps4 reaching anywhere close to ps2 or 3, and it was hard to pick between 2 and 3.
    #lovegaming

MyAnimeList

Stop preordering games! Stop buying day1 games! Stop being idiots!

24. Likes Chewbacca likes this post
    Superior Member
    I didn't start console gaming until 1994 so my list doesn't reach 10...don't laugh at number 8!!

1. PS2
    2. PS1
    3. PS3
    4. Ps4
    5. Xbox 360
    6. Nintendo GameCube
    7. Xbox One
    8. Amiga CD32 (yep that's right, my first console)

26. Likes Chewbacca likes this post
    PSN ID
    Cand3Js
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhindi_Bhajji View Post
    I didn't start console gaming until 1994 so my list doesn't reach 10...don't laugh at number 8!!

1. PS2
    2. PS1
    3. PS3
    4. Ps4
    5. Xbox 360
    6. Nintendo GameCube
    7. Xbox One
    8. Amiga CD32 (yep that's right, my first console)
    I had to google that. Never knew it existed. Just a thing in Europe, I guess?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amiga_CD32

My favourites are

1.Playstation 4
    2.Super Nintendo
    3.Xbox 360
    4.Xbox One
    5.Playstation 2
    6.Sega Dreamcast
    7.Gamecube
    8.NES
    9.Master System
    10.Atari VCS2600
    --
    edit:
    (I never own a N64 because i cant watch the games on it; i also never had a PS3 because i only play'd a few years just on Xbox360 and also don't had a Wii )
    --
    Last edited by Shirokane; 1 Week Ago at 01:02.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Vichael
    Items The Beatles
    1. N64
    2. PS2
    3. PS4
    4. PS3
    5. Wii
    6. Xbox 360

30. Likes Chewbacca likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirokane View Post
    My favourites are

1.Playstation 4
    2.Sega Mega Drive/Genesis(CD)
    3.Super Nintendo
    4.Xbox 360
    5.Xbox One
    6.Playstation 2
    7.Sega Dreamcast
    --
    ^Edited without the handhelds.

Did you not read the original post? :P NO HANDHELDS! If there's no controller for it, it doesn't count!

Interesting that PS4 is your favorite seeing as it's only a few years into the life cycle. No love for N64, PS3, NES, or Wii eh? That's ok, we all grew up with different systems.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Quote Originally Posted by Vichael View Post
    1. N64
    2. PS2
    3. PS4
    4. PS3
    5. Wii
    6. Xbox 360
    Nice to see some love for N64! While not all the games have aged well, if you were alive during it's prime, it was incredible. Pretty good list. I'm assuming you never got into the 8 bit (NES) and 16 bit eras (Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis)?

Haha, I think Top 5 is better for me, I've never owned THAT many!

1. PS4
    2. Nintendo 64
    3. SNES
    4. PS1
    5. NES

Selected Members Council
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Mine have to be:

1. Playstation 1 - made me into a serious gamer
    2. Commadore Amiga - introduced me to games
    3. Playstation 2 - so many first, so many great games, so much fun with mates
    4. Xbox 360 - Just loved the console at the time
    5. PS3 - Gran Turismo 5 and the Last of Us, need I say more!
    6. Xbox - Introduced me to Halo
    7. Playstation 4 - Sony did so much right this generation but hasn't got the same revolutionary status as the other Playstations
    8. Xbox One - didn't have a great start to life but redeaming itself, plus I love Forza!
    9. N64 - Didn't play much on it but loved Goldeneye

Only 9 for me, but I think they are all pretty relevant!
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

PSU Direct Email: adam.duffield@psu.com

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Playstation 2
    Playstation 3
    Xbox 360
    Playstation 1
    PSP

That's all I had. Can't rank 4 yet. As far as the console itself, it is my favourite.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Thread Information