Youtube vloggers make serious cash

So I was browsing the internet recently and came across the subject of YouTube vloggers. I watch some of them, but not religiously and never followed anyone that carefully, but I enjoy them from time to time. However, i was flawed at how much they can actually earn every month... I was like "That's actually more than I'll probably earn in my whole life!" I mean, they talk and play video games... how is it even possible?

Without looking at any blogs or articles, how much do you think PewDiePie earns every month from YouTube?

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    ask through private message
    All I know is if it was so easy, everyone would be doing it. There's more to it than just talking and playing video games. Keeping your content fresh, having a good personality, know how to edit a ton of video clips, know how to overdub your voice over video clips, having a good camera and green screen in some cases, and keeping on a schedule with new videos all the time.

3. Likes Lebowski likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    I watch GameGrumps daily but I'm honestly more interested in Youtube channels like DYKGaming or Unseen64 (Liam Robertson) where I learn more about the history of a particular video game series, developer, platform or cancelled project in a well-edited, informative video.

It seems like those who upload one or two videos every month (JonTron, PeanutButterGamer, AngryJoe etc) often have better quality videos to watch but unfortunately they don't have as large of a following as people like PewDiePie and Markiplier, thus they won't make as much money. While I'm sure every one of the Youtube channels I've mentioned are run by passionate content creators, making the most money doesn't necessarily translate to releasing the most quality content.

On the other hand, it's free video content so I suppose you shouldn't complain too much.
    Last edited by Vyse; 07-19-2016 at 21:12.
    Thanks to Kwes for the signature!

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Quote Originally Posted by hannahr View Post
    how much do you think PewDiePie earns every month from YouTube?
    He makes about $750,000 per month. Possibly more. He has made over $150 million since 2010. This is exactly why I do not watch any of his damn videos.

There's no doubt great skills are involved, but I smh when I look at some of the video titles...like, they are getting paid for this? :O

I was really surprised by how much some vloggers earn. This lists some of the most popular. $750,000 for PewDiePie could well be an average, as the article says anywhere between $67,000 to $1.15 million every month. Maybe I should try it myself

Thread Information